• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This game is great! You should try it!

Yukari

I'm sure that we all have at least one game we just loved but was a commercial failure... What's that game for you?
    For me that game is Boktai. I for one loved it, but it was a commercial failure. It's sad because the game was a very solid and innovative. And fun!

Alkaiser

Superhero
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Valkyria Chronicles, because is the most innovative strategic game to ever be released in a home console. Also is for me the greatest tactic JRPG since Tactics Ogre, a truly work of art with fantastic soundtrack, amazing art work, great plot and amazing, innovative gameplay.

The most sophisticated, modern, tactic game to date. Fun fact: Nintendo's Codename: S.T.E.A.M. is actually kind of a spiritual successor of Valkyria Chronicles, as it shares the same gameplay.

Years
  • Definitely Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. I don't know the exact figures, but I know it did pretty poorly (in Europe at least). It's easily one of the best DS titles out there, and I wish it had done better. Sadly, people just don't like Tingle. At least I know I do.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • This game is great! You should try it!

This games needs way more recognition than it has right now. The sales were less than expected, but the good thing is that, it's sequel has been confirmed for NA and should becoming later this year. Also, play the sequel when that comes out as well, as I fear the game will follow the same route it's prequel did, unless Steam is full of JRPG lovers.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

• So much this...
    TitS deserves all the recognition for it's one of the best JRPG series ever.

Also, play the sequel when that comes out as well, as I fear the game will follow the same route it's prequel did, unless Steam is full of JRPG lovers.
    At least XSEED is localizing it on PSP as well.
    But I agree that Steam release is a waste of time...
    Unless they add epic, cool FPS things to it.

Arc

Years
  • At least XSEED is localizing it on PSP as well.
    But I agree that Steam release is a waste of time...
    Unless they add epic, cool FPS things to it.
    Hmm? I never said the Steam release was bad. Heck, it's probably the better idea in all honesty. I just implied that the only hope for SC to thrive outside of Japan is if Steam is full of JRPG lovers, because that's where the main audience has somewhat moved to after Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys: Origin success on Steam.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Hmm? I never said the Steam release was bad. Heck, it's probably the better idea in all honesty. I just implied that the only hope for SC to thrive outside of Japan is if Steam is full of JRPG lovers, because that's where the main audience has somewhat moved to after Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys: Origin success on Steam.
    Oh, I misinterpreted it then T.T...
    Well... they should have made it for Vita (yea, you can it play it on Vita even now but... :D), everything would be better =D

Arc

Years
  • Oh, I misinterpreted it then T.T...
    Well... they should have made it for Vita (yea, you can it play it on Vita even now but... :D), everything would be better =D
    Well, TitS already had a HD release on the PS3, so I think Falcom is done with the Sora series now. And the Vita is Zero/Ao/Sen territory, haha.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The misadventures of Tron Bonne. It wasn't (as far as I can remember) very much advertised and I ended up getting it because my grandma thought it was a game about building with legos and stuff, but it was so much better.

Alkaiser

Superhero
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Now that it is mentioned... Ys: Oath in Felghana is a truly masterpiece. A frenetic, fun as hell, action RPG game with an outstanding soundtrack and maybe the best boss battles ever in a video game. Well, all Ys series is worth to at least check it out, because they are all awesome games. Oath in Felghana just happens t be the best.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hello. Let me tell you about two games called Rhythm Heaven Fever and Elite Beat Agents

They're ♥♥♥♥ing awesome and I hate you for not buying them.

Definitely Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. I don't know the exact figures, but I know it did pretty poorly (in Europe at least). It's easily one of the best DS titles out there, and I wish it had done better. Sadly, people just don't like Tingle. At least I know I do.
    I still have this game, sealed. Should actually start playing it!

Back