• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This lack of a MineCraft thread disturbs me.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    I'm getting this game soon. :D
    I played the classic, but I couldn't figure out the controls. :b

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Just started a new game. Currently it's night, I am staying in my shelter away from mobs.
    Don't you think just smashing your toolbox after you're done with it and carrying it with you is a lot better than just letting it there ? I usually forget where I place it, and I use my materials wisely.
    damnrareoreinthebeggining

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Just started a new game. Currently it's night, I am staying in my shelter away from mobs.
    Don't you think just smashing your toolbox after you're done with it and carrying it with you is a lot better than just letting it there ? I usually forget where I place it, and I use my materials wisely.
    damnrareoreinthebeggining

I usually leave mine in my house, but I can't tell you how many times I left my crafting box on the top of some mountain only to completely lose it.

I love starting a new file. Just the rush to build a house and find coal is so awesome.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    So it's official. There are some real-life obligations in the way, but I fully intend to buy this game before the Halloween update.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I still have Minecraft in my downloads after Notch held the free weekend when it went down.

I can still play it offline, I just can't recieve any updates.
    I'll probably purchase it eventually.

Fun game, though.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    If I get enough responses I may host a pokecommunity server. Unfortunately I'm gonna have a hard time finding time this week, but yeah.

Anybody in?

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Creepers are certainly the one thing i'm not looking forward to when I play. I definitely don't want to build this huge building only to have it blown to bits, ha ha. Is there any way to avoid that situation?

They will only explode if they come within 1 square of you, I suggest building your house a bit like mine.
    Spoiler:

But I'll be in.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Nah, the walls can still be taken down by Creepers. Build it like this instead.

Can Creepers fly?

Years
    Your sad devotion to that ancient awesome sandbox game has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebels' hidden fortress!

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Nah, the walls can still be taken down by Creepers. Build it like this instead.

Can Creepers fly?

No they can't -_-'
    They have to be within one square to explode.
    They can not reach me. But I can attack them.
    And no.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'm not quite signed up yet (I've been messing on free mode and taking a Wiki Walk/Forum Stalk, so I feel pretty into it anyways), but I'm all for a PokeCommunity server!

Spleef games every weekend! Dooo iiit~

EDIT: Signed up, but I'm not paid for yet.

Last edited:

Pfiffikus

Sapphire Fanboy
    Years
    Wow I think me and I guess 10 other friends in school have a private server going on... we're playing on the most recent version Alpha I think and it is amazing. I can not get off the computer until I have to sleep. During school I conjure up plans and everything for me to make in our private multiplayer server...

Just amazing, the playtime you can get out of it.
    I suppose it's a pro and a con at the same time though, playing multiplayer. You can at least show off your awesome structures and contraptions but then again, there are griefers which means you have anti-griefing measures!

Redstone is very glitchy, no monsters, no damage, doors are somewhat glitchy, and minecarts can go and die since they're glitchy beyond belief. Yeah I said that. It's pretty bad. But really, playing multiplayer is a lot better than playing single player. You can actually interact! With the new update, it destroyed our epic old server so now we have alliances and everything.

Our server admin can do all this stuff. He added runecraft mods (look that up), magic carpet mods for other admins, name color changes for chat, cuboid (look that up too), and VIP/mods/admin/ban groups, everything you could possibly think of.

Minecraft = epic. Oh and that reminds me, I was just about to make a thread about this game but I saw this at the last second.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I am totally for a PC server.
    However... myalphaiscrackedmeaningicantplaymultidamn
    Yeah, I'd buy it if mom wanted to. But it's a total no. ):
    So is it an Alpha server or a Classic server ?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Minecraft's Halloween update will bring a new portal system to the game, courtesy of a new dimension, tentatively-titled "Hell". Sounds cushy! Such convenience, however, comes at a price. This new dimension will be guarded by a new monster type, called the Ghast. It's a floaty jellyfish thing that shoots fireballs, which explode when they hit something, then set what's left on fire. Even the ground.
    You'll only encounter Ghasts while traversing the "Hell" dimension, so if you want to enjoy the luxury of fast-travelling across your Minecraft maps, you'd better be prepared to run. -Kotaku
    More information about the Halloween update. Personally, it seems like Ghasts, will be huge pain, maybe even more than Creepers. Maybe.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    So now I'm a paying member! \o/ I'm having fun, trying to distinguish baddies' cries, sitting on top of 15-cube-tall towers of sand all night long, getting asploded by creepers, and -planning on, at least- living in a cave! Days one and two were nuts.

But enough about that. What do y'all think of setting up a server like Cello said, and using it to host something for the PC Halloween Haunt? It certainly gets scary enough. XD

Also, Post 2012. o_O

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    A PC server sounds like a great idea I'd definitely join. n____n

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    So now I'm a paying member! \o/ I'm having fun, trying to distinguish baddies' cries, sitting on top of 15-cube-tall towers of sand all night long, getting asploded by creepers, and -planning on, at least- living in a cave! Days one and two were nuts.

But enough about that. What do y'all think of setting up a server like Cello said, and using it to host something for the PC Halloween Haunt? It certainly gets scary enough. XD

Also, Post 2012. o_O

I usually build my first night shelter as a small room with one torch and a door. Next days, I'm working on underground houses, which are fairly week. After getting enough resources, I convert an entire cliff into a house. :-)
    I'm playing 1.1.2, btw. And I've never found creepers. Where are they ? O_O

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I usually build my first night shelter as a small room with one torch and a door. Next days, I'm working on underground houses, which are fairly week. After getting enough resources, I convert an entire cliff into a house. :-)
    I'm playing 1.1.2, btw. And I've never found creepers. Where are they ? O_O

I found this Youtube video of a shelter designed so that approaching monsters drown and their drops gather below the center of the room. Right now I'm living in one until I feel thoroughly equipped to make something truly awesome. And for a while I did manage to live in a cave, but as soon as I broke the "door" in, I fell. D: I'm so glad it was light out when I decided to do that. It looks like it's one of those that goes from the surface to the adminium- I haven't needed to dig anything out to keep descending.

I'm on 1.1.2 as well- I see Creepers regularly. '_' ?

Back