• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This Misprint anything rare?

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    I stopped collecting these a long time ago,and i was looking through them to see if anything could be sold.And found a scyther from the jungle set that was printed off center,so theres no room at the top,are misprints like these worth anything? thanks

Attachments

• This Misprint anything rare?
      scyther 008.JPG
      118.7 KB · Views: 59
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Sometimes they are, but it's impossible to tell what you have from that photo. I can't even tell you if it's real or not. Do you have a clearer image?

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    this any better? sorry camera sucks,but its definately real,just need to know if its anything special.

Attachments

scyther 008.JPG
      112.3 KB · Views: 60
      scyther 013.JPG
      102.2 KB · Views: 49
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I have a corrected shadowless Vulpix from the base set with 50HP. I understand they were mass produced with the HP50 error and only in much later prints did they correct it. Is the corrected version limited and rare? If so, what do you think it's worth? Any help would be appreciated.

Just a bit of extra information. I can't find the corrected Vulpix anywhere, not on ebay, not even an image. I'm sure it's genuine as I have two copies.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    kennyd, you should repost that in the "how much is this card worth" thread, you sorta hijacked cova's thread here ;)

Cova, I talked about this with far better collector than I, and he says they're not worth too much. I still can't give you an estimate because I havn't seen one sold before, sorry.

Years
    Also, to whomever made the comment about my second post in this thread that basically called me a jerk for suggesting that the OP use a better quality camera, I didn't say that the OP had to go out and BUY it. The OP could've asked a friend or a family member to loan them their higher quality camera. Getting a higher quality camera to use for a couple pics isn't that hard if you're on good terms with your family, and even easier if you know someone who loves to take pictures. Seriously, does no one think of borrowing a camera from a family member or a friend?

Duckster18

Pokemon Entrepenuer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    I don't think the scythers worth that much. I haven't seen a card like that so it's a 1 of a kind, but that's also it's downfall. Since there are no other cards like that to base off of, you can't tell if it's a misprint on one card or a bunch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Ok it's definitely a misprint and there are others out there, not too many, but thing is there isn't a strong collector-base for it. I've seen a misaligned card like that on ebay, it was a base set alakazam (holo) and the price tag was $50. It never sold. So you can infer a few things:
    -The alakazam isn't really worth $50 because it never sold, because no one was willing to pay that amount
    -The scyther will be worth less than the alakazam because it is not a rare-holo

Therefore the scyther is worth a lot less than $50, and at that point you may as well just keep it.

mikaldinho

professional game creator!
    Years
    I used to have some pokemon cards that were cut wrong.

the card that comes into mind when writing this post was my Duskull, which had no top to it.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have a Luxray GL and a Flygon like that. I don't think they're too rare.

Back