• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This news story is disturbing...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Zone said:
    Bacteria gets trapped in mucus, so by the time it's dried it's probably dead. When you swallow it, the dead or near dead bacteria enters your body, but because it's dead or almost dead your body easily destroys it, similar to the effect of a vaccine.

That is my hypothesis on why that works.
    That does indeed sound logical. Most likely what that doctor believes in.

Though the site seems like a joke site. *shrug* Take it with a grain of salt as I always say. About 55% of news reports on the internet are faked.

And 73% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Years
    So, this doctor dude in Austria spent how much time deciphering that boogers are healthy? o.O

Shouldn't he used that time to research something that would be LESS sick and disgusting and that would help all of us medically?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Mario The World Champion said:
    So, this doctor dude in Austria spent how much time deciphering that boogers are healthy? o.O

Shouldn't he used that time to research something that would be LESS sick and disgusting and that would help all of us medically?

I agree. Cure for HIV/AIDS. Cancer vaccines. Anything. This I think is pointless.

Last edited:

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    YoMama said:
    I agree. Cure HIV/AIDS. Cancer vaccines. Anything. This I think is pointless.

A stronger immune system could help protect you from HIV/AIDs and Cancer to a point.

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
    Years
    *cough* *choke* AHEM!! Sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little. Thats really nasty. xP

My little brother picks his nose, but he doesen't eat it. He wipes it on his wall. >.<

Lord Mike

Years
    Zone said:
    A stronger immune system could help protect you from HIV/AIDs and Cancer to a point.

Mucus more than likely not help you fight HIV/AIDS and cancer. Its a weird thing. This is something I'll just pass. The Hunk I'd like to see the link of this website.

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
    Years
    I woulden't eat boogers for a million dollars, no matter what kind of desises they fight! Bleh. O.< Icky. I think eating mucus gives you more problems than curing them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    yeah, and now they're encouraging kiddies to do this?
    O.o its not quite right is it?
    i think ill give it a miss too.....

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
    Years
    *snicker* Maybe he wanted to make up an escuse for picking your nose becouse he likes doing it himself -this scientist, I mean- and he is embarresed. Haha!

Don't be ashamed, embrace your boogers and come fourth into the light and be transported to a wonderland of mucus goodness and bacteria ridden people! Welcome to SNOTTYLAND!!!

^.^ sorry people, that was something I had to do.

Years
    Eh... why would you want a stronger immune system for HIV/AIDS when the virus targets and kills the immune system itself, regardless of the strength of the immune system.

Since the immune system only triggers whenever a virus infects a cell, HIV/AIDS can still stay in your body as long as it doesn't reach any Helper T or B Cells of your Immunity. And once it does get to them, it'll probably make enough replicas of itself to kill the entire immune system.

Cancer on the other hand, you can't make vaccines for it since it's triggered in your own body cells, and it's not a viral or bacterial disease but a cellular and genetic disease.

Get your facts straight before arguing...>>

Anyway, on the nose picking part. It's true you need to clean your filter, but I think we should do that in private... and the eating part is just... eh... not right.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    heh.. booger pie: a healthy dessert!
    ... sounds like somthing from neopets......
    >.< dude, can you imaguine that on a health food menu!?

Lord Mike

Years
    Akinari said:
    Eh... why would you want a stronger immune system for HIV/AIDS when the virus targets and kills the immune system itself, regardless of the strength of the immune system.

Since the immune system only triggers whenever a virus infects a cell, HIV/AIDS can still stay in your body as long as it doesn't reach any Helper T or B Cells of your Immunity. And once it does get to them, it'll probably make enough replicas of itself to kill the entire immune system.

Cancer on the other hand, you can't make vaccines for it since it's triggered in your own body cells, and it's not a viral or bacterial disease but a cellular and genetic disease.

Get your facts straight before arguing...>>

Anyway, on the nose picking part. It's true you need to clean your filter, but I think we should do that in private... and the eating part is just... eh... not right.

I agree. Virus are like parasites to cells. They use the cell to multiply. So the more white blood cells you have, they more the viruses will multiply I think.

mazilwolf said:

No, I definately couldn't.

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
    Years
    mazilwolf said:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Yupyup *nodnod* definatly a neopet food.

>.o Ew, if that was on my schools health food menu, I would get REALLY scared. If schools don't use real ingrediants to make their food (they use cheaper stuff), what would the booger pie be made out of?!?! O.O

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Man, some people here are real immature >>

Anyways, I can see this as plausible, but I dunno if I'll take up on it anytime soon =P

Back