• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] This should work but it doesn't

JK0JK

JK is JK
Years
  • I have found a post here that has everything I was looking for: a script that would easily change your overworld sprite based on few flags and variables.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8620314&postcount=465

Problem is... XSE doesn't want to compile it. I know there is the compiled version of the code but I don't know how to use it.

When I try to compile the script, XSE says the following: "no #org/#seek directives found"
    This should work but it doesn't

What can I do to fix this? Apparently it works wonders but XSE is being stubborn.

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    This is not a script. This is ASM Thumb code. You need a Thumb compiler

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    W-what's the difference?

An xse script is just used for general, usually overworld-based game functions. There's a strongly imposed limit to what it can do, because that's all it was ever designed to do. It's high-level and easy for developers to understand, at the expense of those limitations. XSE was made to compile that code.
    ASM/Thumb is low-level, and is gba machine code. That means you can do almost anything with it, but it is much harder to understand. XSE has no idea what to do with code like that, it was only designed for the predictable, easy to understand code we use in scripting. To compile ASM into your game, you need a Thumb compiler. There are a couple floating around here.
    You should look up a tutorial on compiling ASM for rom hacks to better understand what you're actually doing.
    This is slightly more advanced stuff (but if all you're doing is compiling other people's code, you should be fine).

Back