• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen This Sux

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    My biggest feat was catching my mewtwo with only a Greatball, i used the masterball for one of da birds i think.

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    Well, almost all of my pokemon was catch by pokeball.
    *cough* I weaken Groudon and use 1 Ultra Ball on it...it's long time ago. =P

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I've only used Masterballs on Lugia and Mewtwo. Everything else is simple. I caught Kyogre with a Pokeball by weakening it with my Tentacruel. XD

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    Shadow said:
    I've only used Masterballs on Lugia and Mewtwo. Everything else is simple. I caught Kyogre with a Pokeball by weakening it with my Tentacruel. XD
    Hm...are you kidding? o.O
    It took me 10 Ultra Balls
    I might try with Poke Ball.
    *have to buy cluster of pokeballs*

Dugtrio_Mad

I'm Dugtrio Mad!
    Years
    I tried to catch Groudon with a ultra ball when it had 1 bar left, but it never even struggled. I only had a normal pokeball after using all my ultras but the normal pokeball caught it in one. There is somthing wierd with that pokemon...

Ice Lugia

Author and Role-Player
    Years
    I do believe there is a reason. Look at it their way. Suppose that you could obtain Master Balls in vast quantities. Would there be any purpose to the Legendaries? They aren't hard to find, just powerful. If you were to make them captured with one move, their value in link battling would decrease dramatically since everyone would have so many Legendaries. Now look at it as it is. Now, you can get the first Legendary you meet without fail. If you play long enough, it's guarenteed. That gives you some reward for your effort. The other Legendaries, however, require skill, setting apart those who try hard and those who just happen to have the Master Ball. Besides, if you plan ahead, you can get a Legendary anyways. Don't forget that you can save right before battling most of the Legendaries.

Last edited:

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    I seem to have a lot of trouble catching Rayquaza -_-. Even with Ultra Balls. It just DOESN'T want to be captured (I accidentally wasted my Masterball on Groudon >_<)

KingpiN

Pok?mon: Magmar
    Years
    Naa, catching legendaries have never been a challenge to me...i mean, i save it just before catching him, and if i kill it or miss it, i turn off the GB, and start over =/
    Is not a challenge, it just take some time to do it:)

Salu2

Years
    Although it is extremely frustrating trying to catch legendaries w/o a Masterball, it is possible. Once in my Crystal Version I was training my lv36 Larvitar and ran into Entei (first time). The best Ball I had was a Great Ball, so I threw it, just in case, and... I CAUGHT IT!!! That was awesome!

The X

x + x= 2x
    Years
    I think most of the legendaries aren't a test of skill. Though there are two exceptions- Latias & Latios. You have to formulate a plan so they can be captured, unless of course, you are planning on the using the Master Ball on them. This can take hours of additional training so you have the Pok?mon you need for the catch. I caught my Latias using Crobat's Mean Look, Swellow's Endeavour, and Vileplume's Sleep Powder. Even with a 1HP, sleeping, trapped Latias, it still took me about 20 Timer Balls before the thing went in.

Back