• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This thread, I hope, renders me welcome.

Bliam

Hearty Guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    G'day!

I just got back into pokémon recently, and I bought Soul Silver

I haven't played since generation 2. I hear you can trade over the internet now. The things you can do nowadays! That seemed difficult to facilitate, so I googled my way here.

I'm making slow progress in convincing my friends to join me in reliving our childhoods, so I think I'll make my way over to the trade forum and do my business there. I look forward to trying the patience of my first trading partner as I try to work out how this all works!

Last time I traded a pokémon, we had to use wires, and machines powered by removable batteries. Game cartridges were larger than my thumbnail, too. Much harder to lose. Technology has become new and confusing, and I now realise than I am elderly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wow you're so Pokemon-old (no offense of course!) It's kinda an unusual situation, considering most people get either B/W and not really anything from HGSS to get them back into Pokemon. XD But yeah, HGSS definitely represents generation 2 well. :3 If you wanna discuss that you can also hang out in Fouth Generation Games.

Hopefully your friends do agree eventually and that Pokemon can become your future and not really just a childhood thing, cause maybe after SS you could get some of the other games you might've missed? But yeah good luck with your first trade, hopefully it isn't too difficult to figure out though I admit trading in Black and White is much easier than in HGSS ;x But yeah, even if technology is confusing at first you can totally get used to it and all of us can help you learn the "new generations" of Pokemon basically where everything isn't as simple as back then. XD;

Either way, have fun around here and if you need any forum help ask any of us with bold usernames!

Bliam

Hearty Guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    Heh. I'm terribly offended, but unfortunately it's hard for me to get up and hit people with my cane. Fake hip's playing up, y'see.

It was the pokéwalker accessory that lured me back. It's also my best shot at luring my friends back.

Is there a set of instructions for the internet trading procedure anywhere?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Obviously Forever is a bit biased since she Moderates Black and White forum... I tend to lean more toward starting back with HGSS because it gives you a taste of the old with enchanced graphics as well as a taste of the new with many Third and Fourth generation pokemon, whereas Fifth Generation seems to have almost all new pokemon until the end. Which may seem like a completely jump from the traditional if you haven't been in the game for awhile.

As for trading first you need to make sure your Wifi is actually workable then you need to get a Pal Pad. So if you have any farther questions I am sure the people here in Trade Corner Daily Chit Chat would be more then happy to help.

Years
    Hi there and welcome to PC! Most of my friends still play Pokemon. (some even play more then i do :P) They still keep it around even though were older, and most people in the community do that as well so don't worry about that. :P I actually still have my link cable but it never seemed to work for me..:( But like you said there's a lot easier ways to trade now so you'll have a lot of fun with that. :P If you have any other questions just message anyone with a bold name and they'll gladly help you out. Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope you like it here, and hope to see you around! :)

Bliam

Hearty Guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    Thanks for the link, Kenshin. I'll look into it.

And thanks, everyone, for the welcome.

Years
    G'day!

I just got back into pokémon recently, and I bought Soul Silver

I haven't played since generation 2. I hear you can trade over the internet now. The things you can do nowadays! That seemed difficult to facilitate, so I googled my way here.

I'm making slow progress in convincing my friends to join me in reliving our childhoods, so I think I'll make my way over to the trade forum and do my business there. I look forward to trying the patience of my first trading partner as I try to work out how this all works!

Last time I traded a pokémon, we had to use wires, and machines powered by removable batteries. Game cartridges were larger than my thumbnail, too. Much harder to lose. Technology has become new and confusing, and I now realise than I am elderly.

Hi Bliam!

Seeing as you said g'day, I'm assuming you are Australian?

SoulSilver was such a great game, I loved the Pokemon walking with you feature. Also, gave me that touch of Johto nostalgia.

It's amazing how communication in Pokemon games has changed...

I don't do GTS trades, but it's still a neat feature.

Don't forget to contact any moderators, and read the rules too!

- Hikari10

Back