• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Finding out you can't go back to the big part of the distortion world

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • When you're chaining a Voltorb/Graveler and you finally run into a shiny, but it uses Selfdestruct.
    <_<

Yeah.. that's why you should always bring a pokemon with Damp (Golduck, Politoed and Quagsire are examples) when you're chaining pokes like Voltorb, Graveler or Weezing. You don't want to run into a shiny and then make it go BOOM on you.. D:

InvisibleGoldenBulbasaur@ I agree. They get crits at the worst times. Like yesterday, a FRIGGING INFERNAPE came and destroyed my 21+ battle streak in the Battle Factory. My team was a bit weak to Ape, but seriously:

"1st poke I can't remember, go!"
    "Your opponent threw a mad ape onto the battling field, not knowing it doesen't know what to do there!"
    "The foe's Mad Ape used evil ownage attack!"
    "Your first pokemon fainted!"
    "Go Scizor!"
    "Shoot some fire out of your hair, Mad Ape!"
    "Scizor fainted!"
    "Go, Metagross!"
    "Shoot some more fire out of your hair!"

"A critical hit! It's super effective!"
    "Metagross fainted"

I would have killed that Ape without that crit. My Meta had 320 HP and doing a damage calc with stats between Min. and Max. Sp.Atk for the Ape and a stat between Min. and Max. Sp. Def for Metagross, I saw that it on average would deal around 200 damage.

YAY CRITICAL HITS! When do we ever get crits that actually matters anymore?
    -No need to answer, i'll do it for ya: Just about NEVER.

The BF pisses me off.

walasaka

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • I have a few:

playing Platinum on no$gba (because of the x2 speed boost) and saving several times, but playing happily until it crashes... And then starting again at the save from BEFORE that day's session started. I lost something like 5 hours of gameplay, took me a month to calm down and play again.

Zubat

The beginning when you're chasing after your rival all the time. Fun the first time round, gets annoying after a while... "Oh wait, I forgot something" *rushes back into house*

Accidentally chosing Piplup. I really don't like that thing or its evolutions.

Catching all the Unknowns... Oh my, I think back in Silver I may already have almost had a nervous breakdown, let alone now! Also, realising (by looking online because it was getting suspicious) that not all of them are immediately available, after you wasted hours trying to find exclamation marks.

The dancing stage at contests. Or, when you're second in line to display your move and you choose the judge who has 4 voltage stars. The first pokemon doesn't choose him (YES!), but uses a move that lowers all the voltages by one (NOOOOOOO!). The one after you gets the crowd going wild.

That'll do for now :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Rival battle in Canalave.
    My Luxray's accuracy sucks.
    His Staraptor gets in like 7 Double Teams (eff you Luxray) and sweeps my team because I can't land a friggin' hit. I just about snapped my DS in half.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Today I restarted my platinum again, and I had just remembered that when I restarted I lost my TRU Arceus. But no biggie, i'll just head to the Toys R Us later and get it. Wait, what is the date today? The 15th?!?!?! !@#$ It's the last day and the Toys R Us closes in a half hour!

I was in the bathtub when this all happened. Let's just say I was very wet and cold on the way, but I did get it in time.

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    when my pokemon misses the hit and loses to some machoke

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • Every single time my pokemon hurts itself in confusion or misses. :/
    Yeah, especially when the remedies for those conditions such as confusion, infatuation (attraction), and sleep used to come in the form of reusable flutes, (as in Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald), but are no longer readily available. In Sapphire, I could just shrug off confusion with the Yellow Flute. In Diamond, I have to use a berry :(

When it comes to accuracy, I just avoid using Pokemon with strong but inaccurate attacks unless I can tip the balance of accuracy in my favor (such as making sure it's raining before my Manectric casts Thunder), or I just find a way to spam a strong attack that never misses, i.e. Shadow Force, Faint Attack, Swift, Magical Leaf.

Sal

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2009
    Hate

Hmm, what about meeting two shinies, that are both Ko-ed by rileys Lucario?

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • Today I restarted my platinum again, and I had just remembered that when I restarted I lost my TRU Arceus. But no biggie, i'll just head to the Toys R Us later and get it. Wait, what is the date today? The 15th?!?!?! !@#$ It's the last day and the Toys R Us closes in a half hour!

I was in the bathtub when this all happened. Let's just say I was very wet and cold on the way, but I did get it in time.

That's why I would trade such a Pokemon to a friend before restarting... We live in an age of Wi-fi trades and battles, people! It's not as hard as it was 10, even 5 years ago, when we still were bound by link cables.

Whenever I fight a GymLeader/EliteFour/Rival battle and the opponents HP is in red and I say, "meh, I'll use a weak attack. There's only a small bit of HP left." Then I forget about Full Restores...

Ah yes, the full restore. Great when you have something with ridiculous amounts of HP (i.e. Chansey).

My suggestion is only to battle trainer Pokemon like those into the yellow, and then finish with a really strong attack. Or you could play the waiting game and let them completely heal twice before you finish them off.

Whenever I see a Pachirisu.

Whenever I see that one, I always think, "someone forgot to design an evolution for that thing. Just look at it, its stats are so pitiful it has no potential at all. I'd like to see what this thing mutates into. But it doesn't... :(".

Last edited:

Giratar

Oops.
    Years
  • I've never K.O'd a shiny before.... Crud....

Unexpectedly, I think that beeping sound that the game makes when your HP gets into the red is unnecessary and just makes me mad, especially when a favorite battle song is playing. I recall a glitch in R/B/Y/G that can turn it off, but it sure doesn't work on anything else. X_X

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    When I started Platinum, I chose chimchar as my starter, as I had chosen Piplup in Pearl. The downside to this choice was that the first gym was rock, and the only water type I had was a Psyduck. I ended up having to spend hours training my psyduck, as I kept losing to the gym leader. Then, when I finally almost beat him, I get confused and kill myself.

Sonikku

Super Speedie Sweetie
    Years
  • When I started Platinum, I chose chimchar as my starter, as I had chosen Piplup in Pearl. The downside to this choice was that the first gym was rock, and the only water type I had was a Psyduck. I ended up having to spend hours training my psyduck, as I kept losing to the gym leader. Then, when I finally almost beat him, I get confused and kill myself.
    Bout that you do that so you can catch a plant before the battle with the rival. That's what I did and then it (Budew) killed my Chimchar I felt like such a fail

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    When I started Platinum, I chose chimchar as my starter, as I had chosen Piplup in Pearl. The downside to this choice was that the first gym was rock, and the only water type I had was a Psyduck. I ended up having to spend hours training my psyduck, as I kept losing to the gym leader. Then, when I finally almost beat him, I get confused and kill myself.

hmm should of evolved into monferno or caught a machop

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    hmm should of evolved into monferno or caught a machop

I could have, but my Machop was at about half the level of my Psyduck, and I did have a monferno, but it died too quickly.

Back