• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Those Professors

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
  • Hmm... Well, here's how I'd rank them.
    1. Juniper/Oak. Oak is, well, Oak. The first professor you met, the only one who was in more than one Generation, excluding remakes (THREE! He was in THREE generations, people. Professor Oak gets around.), and finally, he was the professor of (in my opinion) the second best games (Firered and Leafgreen). And Juniper was the first main series female professor, and she did give you a Master Ball. Gotta love her for that.
    2. Elm. Kind of stupid for a professor, but he was the main professor in my first game, so I have to like him.
    3. Rowan. Grumpy old guy.
    4. Birch. I liked him as a person, but I can't get over how inept he is. He needed saving from a level 2 Zigzagoon/Poochyena. He could just kick it and it would get out of his way.

And here's how I rank the side professors. I don't know much about them, but I'll try.

1. Fennel. I liked her. She's nice, she gives you an Eevee, and she's the first female side professor. She's pretty much the Juniper of side professors.
    2. That lady from Dream Radar. I like her. I don't know why, but I do. She reminds me of Elm. For some reason.
    3. The old guy from the Ranger series. Grumpy old guy. Just like Rowan. Except he came first.
    4. Professor Krane. Didn't really like him much. I don't know why.
    5. The professor from Pokemon Trozei. He wasn't really involved in the adventure. He was out doing other things.

When it comes to side professors, they're a lot like main series professors.
    Fennel = Juniper.
    Krane = Birch, sort of.
    Pokemon Ranger Professor = Rowan (they're both grumpy old guys.)
    Dream Rader Professor = Elm (I still don't get why I think she's so much like Elm.)
    None = Oak. There's no replicating Oak.

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
    Years
  • Which of the main pokémon professors is your favorite, and why?
    Do you like them better in the games or in some other media?
    Oak is definitely my favorite because of how awesome and funny he is in the anime :3 After that is prob Elm, he seems rather dorky but in an endearing way and I mean that game-wise.

Is there any of them you don't like? Why would that be?
    Rowan is a little different that what I'm used to in professors but I don't dislike him.

Do you think the professors suit their region well or would you like some of them to change places?
    I would think Rowan would study the origins of Pokemon instead of Juniper since that was 4th gen.'s whole main idea.

Do you think it is a good or bad thing that there is only one female professor, or are you neutral about it? Would you want it to be more equal?
    Not really, I'm sure there will be more female professors in later games so I'm not too worked up over it. I'm neutral.

There are some minor researches in the games, anime and other media that aren't the main professors of the region. Examples: Fennel, Bill, Colress, Cedric Juniper and even Blaine in some incarnations. Do you think any of those characters would have been better or more interesting to have as the main professors?
    Hmmm I think Blaine would be awfully interesting :3 This isn't on the list but a friend of mine once suggested that Gary Oak should succeed his grandfather as a Pokemon Professor.. now THAT I'd love to see :D

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Fav Oak: Gen one. Actually is funny sometimes pervy which is funny too.

Least: Rowan. Seems soo up tight. Be kinda of nice to see the stick come out of his butt so he can relax a little

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Which of the main pokémon professors is your favorite, and why?

Rowan because he was seemingly an intimidating man but he had a passion for Pokémon and seemed to very nice.

Do you like them better in the games or in some other media?

I feel you get to know them better through the games because in a sense you yourself are interacting with them personally as opposed to seeing Ash do so.

Is there any of them you don't like? Why would that be?

There was no one that I didn't like, they were all very likable characters.

Do you think the professors suit their region well or would you like some of them to change places?

Clearly Oak sees to visiting many different regions so there's that. I feel Rowan would be the type to leave to another area. But Elm and Birch are clearly attached to their respective regions. And Juniper's region is still very young.

Do you think it is a good or bad thing that there is only one female professor, or are you neutral about it? Would you want it to be more equal?

Don't care. A professor's a professor and gender doesn't change that. What bugs me most about Juniper is that people think her gender is a big deal and it's not.

Back