• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Thunder pokemon

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I decided to add a thunder pokemon to my Emerald team but I dont know which one to use can someone help, I only want one I can get without having to trade with fr/lg

Years
  • Magneton has 13 resistances and great sp.atk but bad speed and and a 4x weakness to ground. earthquake will just be a full accuracy fissure.
    Manetric has less sp. atk and defences, but its much faster and it oly has a 2x weakness to ground.
    Jolteon is a beast. avg. defence, but unrivaled speed and a brilliant sp. atk.

Conclusion: Get Jlteon if you can trade but otherwise go with magneton

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Also I was thinking of having a physical tank or whatever atm I am training up a muk because I cant get a snorlax or a Blissey.

I dont particularily want to use Muk becuase of it's weaknesses to Ground and physic

Is there any pokemon that you would recomend to replace Muk?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Ok a good electric pokemon is a jolteon

its speed and sp atk are average and his attack is goood for me because i ev trained it

Firepulse

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Regirock or Registeel should be good physical tanks. Steelix isn't too bad either. In any case, Shuckle is ultimately the best physical tank provided you make full use of its extreme defenses.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Regirock or Registeel should be good physical tanks. Steelix isn't too bad either. In any case, Shuckle is ultimately the best physical tank provided you make full use of its extreme defenses.
    Shuckle can't hit anything though. I'd go with Skarmory for a physical tank. If you breed drill peck onto it you'll have an excellent STAB attack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    what pokemon can it get drill peck from only one I can think of is Fearow are there any others?

Deranged

Secretly Popular
    Years
  • What about a Volt Tackle Raichu for something a little different?

The one I'm using is a bit useless with the moveset it has mind you - I've bred moves to pretty much only support that move.

Volt Tackle
    Charge
    Wish
    Sweet Kiss

Useless in any real varied battle, but I like it.
    :P

Back