• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Time frozen in platinum?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2009
    I changed the time on my DS and waited till midnight to rebattle the gym leaders at bucks place and to get a new pokemon at the trophy garden. Nothing happens the same pokemon from yesterday is in the garden and the same leaders i beat are still at bucks place in the survival zone. I waited two days andits still the same.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • One thing: Just set It a day forward. If you just set the time your game notices it. But if you set a day forward, It does'nt.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • Changing the date won't work, the games have this internal clock thing that the DS clock won't affect, so regarless you have to wait a full day in real life to re-battle the gym leaders.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2009
    Changing the date won't work, the games have this internal clock thing that the DS clock won't affect, so regarless you have to wait a full day in real life to re-battle the gym leaders.

Thats the thing. Ive waited almost 2 days in real life now.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • You may have to re-sync your game clock with the DS's clock. I know you can do it by trying to migrate pokemon from your GBA games and the game will say that your game's clock isn't the same as the DS clock, and then it'll ask if you want to re-sync the clocks. Unfortunately you have to wait a full 24 hours before you can do anything time related in the game afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2009
    Ok thanks. I'll probably try that when I find one of my gba games XD

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Set your game BACK until before you originally changed the date. The only way this will pass is with time, so you will have to wait maybe 4 days before anything will happen again. Also, if you really want to do that just set your time to 11:59 but don't change the date. You have to be playing the game when the clock changes to the next day, and everything will be new.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • This is a mechanism to prevent cheating to get more than 1 event in the same day (i.e. obtaining two berries from the girl in Floaroma; learning two trendy phrases; two massages, etc.). Never ever set your time to do this because it won't work...

Furthermore, the same effect occurs if you play with two DS consoles.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • One way you can do it is:
    You need 2x GBA Pokémon games and some time.
    THis is actually a glitch to transfer an unlimited amount of Pokémons at the PalPark in just one day, but it will cause a frozen in-game-clock to work again :)

1) Insert gamepak 1(i'm using Ruby) that you will be transferring some Pokémons from.
    2) Transfer them, re-capture them at the PalPark(it can be 6x Zigzagoon/Ratatta/whatever)
    3) Turn off the game, set the DS-clock ONE DAY FORWARD, don't touch the time.
    4) Insert GamePak 2(i'm using LeafGreen) that you won't be transferring anything from.
    5) Press "Migrate from Leaf Green" on the menu, and it will tell you that you have changed the clock, and ask if you want to reset the clock. Press Yes and wait a moment.
    6) Transfer from Ruby again, and fix with the clock, but this time set the clock ONE DAY BACK, so that it is the correct date.
    7) Reset the clock using LeafGreen, and your clock should be working again:)
    Hope this helped!

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    You need to change your games internet settings. Change your time, not your date to about 11:59 and wait for the change over. After this you'll need to wait the rest of the day for things to be normal again though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2009
    thanks for the replies. I tried what everyone said and the events happened this morning.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Wait, what? Did you just contradict yourself?
    Basically what was said is to set it a day forward. If you just change the time and the difference between the current time and the time that you just set it to amounts to less than 24 hours, it isn't going to work.

Back