• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time to get this baby back on the road... (UU RMT)

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    I had a pretty good record with this team back when the new UU was formed. However, it's been months since I've UUed and I need this team updated/revamped. I'd appreciate you guys's help. Here's the lineup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roserade @ Focus Sash
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
    Sleep Powder
    Toxic Spikes
    Sludge Bomb
    Leaf Storm

Standard Tspiking Roserade lead. A fast sleep is always nice, as are Toxic Spikes. The Tspikes Roserade sets up really makes it easier for my sweepers to sweep late-game.

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Impish
    Thick Fat
    76 HP/180 Atk/252 Def
    Cross Chop
    Whirlwind
    Knock Off
    Ice Punch

Hariyama's AWESOME in UU. He seems somewhat out of place on this (imo) offensively oriented team, but he provides valuable Knock Off support and scouting/phazing. He still hits hard too with that good Attack investment and base 120 Attack.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
    Timid
    Magnet Pull
    4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Flash Cannon
    Explosion

Scarf Magneton's my revenge killer. With a Choice Scarf attatched, he's able to outspeed everything up to base 125's. He's also a pretty good switch-in to Brave Bird Crobat.

Zangoose @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Return
    Shadow Claw
    Close Combat

Back in the first days of New UU, I chose Zangoose as a sweeper because he didn't care about poisoning at all (by virtue of Immunity). I used to run Quick Attack over Return for priority and revenge killing (though in all honesty it was too weak without a Swords Dance boost). Anyhow, Zangoose sweeps late-game.

Houndoom @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    Flash Fire
    252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
    Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Will-o-Wisp

Houndoom's one beast of a Choice Specs user. He hits ridiculously hard off of 523 SpA (with HP Grass) with STAB Dark and Fire attacks. WoW is filler, but it helps burning the switch-in (save for Ninetales).

Muk @ Black Sludge
    Careful
    Sticky Hold
    252 HP/80 Def/176 SpD
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Gunk Shot
    Brick Break

Status absorber (honestly thought I needed one back in January). A bulky Special Tank and grounded Poison is also very useful to have on any UU team. I used to have Poison Jab over Gunk Shot, but Poison Jab was simply too underpowered for me.

So what threatens this team? How can I improve it?

Rhymed

YouSpinMeRightRound
    Years
    first of all, fix the info a little bit on magneton, he does outspeed 125's. also, offensive shaymin pretty much rips this team apart, with stealth rock, when muk dies. the standard when x pokemon dies y pokemon sweeps theory, but it can tear you apart. i suggest you put registeel over hariyama for a still defensive poke, sets up sr which you lack at the moment. more later.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    gunkshot with resttalk? ehhh i'm honestly not convinced. if poison jab isn't doing the job, then you might want to consider something else.

you're team also has trouble with subCM missy. if SR didn't exist in UU, houndoom would probably have a better time surviving one HP fight but that isn't the case.

you may want to make your magneton naive rather -atk to guarantee the KO on shaymin.

i don't get why toxic spikes is that important to you. this isn't a stall team. it's a poor mix of offensive and tanking abilities.

it's kinda hard to look at the fact you have a x3 fight and ground weak, but no ground resist and only one fight resist that that is weak to eq. this gives hitmonlee tons of freedom to wreck your team. i wonder how you plan on handling medicham if it ever got a speed boost.

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    This team is probably one of the best UU teams I've seen.

All I have to say is Magneton says Naive I think, and HP Ice over Grass. (Although that isn't a big problem; then again, don't change at all.) I am not much of a Houndoom user; I prefer Ninetales, but wth.

Good work.

-MetalGardevoir

Back