• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Timing Out

Miningsilver

Dungeon Explorer
Years
  • I'm not sure if this should be mentioned as it might change when the system is done and out, but I'll point it out here.

Summary:
    Whenever you are away for long enough you time out and are logged out. But when I log back in afterwards, I'm out of the beta, as in I see the regular PC. But when I go into the supporters section, I'm back in the beta, but only in that section, until I go back to the button to turn the beta back on for the whole site.

Bug Type:
    Performance/Usability

Steps to Reproduce:
    As mentioned, when you get timed out and log out, then log back in. You should be back in the old version, but you are in the beta version only in the supporters section. It changes back to the old version when you leave the supporters section.

Reproducibility:
    Always

Expected Results:
    Well, when I log in I would expect to be in the beta when I log back in, but I'm not.

Actual Results:
    I'm back in the old/regular version of PC.

Device Configuration:
    I'm on my Dell laptop using Chrome version 66.0.3359.139 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

As I said, this will probably not be an issue with release, but I thought I should point it out just in case.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you're logged in and change your forum style with the selector in the lower left corner (usually) of the page, it's just temporary. Same if you enter the supporter section - it temporarily overrides your set style.

If you instead go into your settings in the menu and change the style there, it becomes "permanent" and will be what you see when you log in again after having been logged off, even if you change the style in the dropdown menu. Not sure why it works like this haha.

As for the timed out thing, you can check the "remember me" box when you log in, and you won't be logged out regardless of how long you're idle for.

Back