• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To All Our Little, Neglected Friends Out There...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Gymno, I'm sorry. I can give sarcasm really good, but can't take it too well. And it's kind of hard to tell since I can't hear the tone of your voice, so that's probably why too. ehy do you think I have a jk after shut the fun cup?

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Ledyba, end of story XD

I never see people talking about them ._. Despite the fact they're the only bugs who can use the elemental punches, as well as other punches XD

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Sunflora? Sunkern? Hoppip? Smeargle?

Yup, those are really neglected. Smeargle may be an exception, because of its awesome signature move, Sketch. But WHY does it have to have such sucky stats? It could at least have more average stats (if that makes sense. Enough points in its stats to be more usable in battles, at least. But not too much stats added to make it completely broken in the metagame).

Luvdisc and Torkoal are really forgettable. Those things desperately need powerful evolutions.

Actually, almost every Water- and Grass-type Pokemon is forgettable, due to the fact that there are so darn many of them. The sheer amount of 'em dazzles me. All the butterfly-/moth-based Pokemon are (almost) forgettable, as well.

The Mareep family isn't mentioned much these days... :t179: :t180: :t181: I'm sure they'll have a resurgence in HG/SS, thanks to the awesome Jasmine! :)

Wait...did I forget one? Oh, I remember now:

PHIONE. :cer_pissed:

Wasting a whole frickin' slot in the Pokedex, as well as wasting an article and data space on Bulbapedia! Manaphy ripoff! And exactly what are you supposed to be? You sure don't look like a sea angel or water nymph. Instead of a evolution of Luvdisc/Torkoal/Smeargle/Banette/other Pkmn or getting another cool new Pokemon, we're stuck with Phione, the poorest excuse of a Pokemon EVER. Even worse than Probopass, Spiritomb, and Carnivine, all of which I utterly despise. Any Pokemon/aquatic animal/store receipt is better than Phione.

It doesn't even have a purpose except to show that a Legendary Pokemon can breed (which I don't really care for. All other baby Pokemon have a purpose since they play a part in showing certain Pokemon's premature stages (Snorlax as Munchlax, Pichu as Pikachu, etc.). If you can't even evolve into what you're derived from, what's the point of you, Phione? At least evolving into Manaphy would reduce your abysmal suckage level.
    Mewtwo :t150: is an exception since it has major differences from its predecessor, Mew. :t151: Plus, Mewtwo is actually cool.
    Pachirisu is another exception since it looks radically different from the Pichu Family.
    Plusle and Minun would've been just as annoying if it weren't for slight differences and their roles as each other's partner. :t311: :t312:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]In a nutshell, Phione, you're so forgettable that even if
    Spoiler:

happened to you, honestly, no Trainer (especially me) would give a crap about you. We'd just go on tending to our Manaphy.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
    Yup, those are really neglected. Smeargle may be an exception, because of its awesome signature move, Sketch. But WHY does it have to have such sucky stats? It could at least have more average stats (if that makes sense. Enough points in its stats to be more usable in battles, at least. But not too much stats added to make it completely broken in the metagame).

Luvdisc and Torkoal are really forgettable. Those things desperately need powerful evolutions.

Actually, almost every Water- and Grass-type Pokemon is forgettable, due to the fact that there are so darn many of them. The sheer amount of 'em dazzles me. All the butterfly-/moth-based Pokemon are (almost) forgettable, as well.

The Mareep family isn't mentioned much these days... :t179: :t180: :t181: I'm sure they'll have a resurgence in HG/SS, thanks to the awesome Jasmine! :)

Wait...did I forget one? Oh, I remember now:

PHIONE. :cer_pissed:

Wasting a whole frickin' slot in the Pokedex, as well as wasting an article and data space on Bulbapedia! Manaphy ripoff! And exactly what are you supposed to be? You sure don't look like a sea angel or water nymph. Instead of a evolution of Luvdisc/Torkoal/Smeargle/Banette/other Pkmn or getting another cool new Pokemon, we're stuck Phione, the poorest excuse of a Pokemon EVER. Even worse than Probopass, Spiritomb, and Carnivine, all of which I utterly despise. Any Pokemon/aquatic animal/store receipt is better than Phione.

It doesn't even have a purpose except to show that a Legendary Pokemon can breed (which I don't really care for. All other baby Pokemon have a purpose since they play a part in showing certain Pokemon's premature stages (Snorlax as Munchlax, Pichu as Pikachu, etc.). If you can't even evolve into what you're derived from, what's the point of you, Phione? At least evolving into Manaphy would reduce your abysmal suckage level.
    Mewtwo :t150: is an exception since it has major differences from its predecessor, Mew. :t151: Plus, Mewtwo is actually cool.
    Pachirisu is another exception since it looks radically different from the Pichu Family.
    Plusle and Minun would've been just as annoying if it weren't for slight differences and their roles as each other's partner. :t311: :t312:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]In a nutshell, Phione, you're so forgettable that even if
    Spoiler:

happened to you, honestly, no Trainer (especially me) would give a crap about you. We'd just go on tending to our Manaphy.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Haha, this literally made me ROFL.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Spinda. A cute little Pokemon in truth, and I like the idea that each one has a somewhat different pattern, but I just don't remember it that much. Same with Dunsparce. >>;;;;

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    For me, probably Anorith. I saw it on a Pokemon website and thought it was fake.

^That. And its evolution, which I can't remember the name of.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Graveler. I can't remember the last time I heard someone mention it. Rattata isn't exactly the most popular either. So yeah, those little UU guys are probably the most neglected.

Years
    Does anyone remember any of the 2nd gen pokemon?

They were most forgettable out of all, I'd assume.

Erm...not at all. 2nd generation Pokémon were much better than the ones that came after them, in my opinion, and I remember them quite well, thank you very much. :D

Exceptions would probably be Ledyba and Ledian. They never seemed to get much attention. I know I always ignored them.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Erm...not at all. 2nd generation Pokémon were much better than the ones that came after them, in my opinion, and I remember them quite well, thank you very much. :D

Exceptions would probably be Ledyba and Ledian. They never seemed to get much attention. I know I always ignored them.

How dare you? I never stopped played Crystal until I'd played through the game, training up almost every Pokemon for my team at least once (That makes for a lot of restarts, I promise) - even though Ledian never was quite as good as my Ariados... I even taught it Thunderpunch to use it in the E4 against Lance's Gyarados, and it won! :D Hah, take that.

(Ariados pwned it every single time apart from that though, it knew Sludge Bomb and were rather reliant, unlike that little critter.)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Riolu. IMO, Riolu is a lame attempt to make a 'baby' form of the awesome Lucario. If Lucario's pre-evo was axed in Gen. 5 (just like I hope Phione will be), no one would care or notice. Well, I wouldn't, though I know that there are some Riolu fans, sadly. I just hate how Lucario got dwarfed down like that...

Ledyba's family rarely appears in Pokemon conversations, as well... :t165: :t166:

Spoiler:

Lucario FTW!

Last edited:

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    With all of these Threads these pokemon get enough attention and if you think they dont get enough attention do what i do and train all pokemon i had a Dunsparce on level 81 it did get beaten by like by like lv 50s but i still did train them

Back