• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen To evolve or not to evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenayru

X3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Recently I've been raising up a shinx as a party member. However, I've noticed his stats are a bit behind that of a fully evolved kinsmen. So what I'm asking is this; is keeping a pokemon from evolving holding them back? Or should I wait it out?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    TBH there are only two reasons to hold evolution off - either you just really like the base form of the Pokemon more than the evolutions and don't intend to evolve it ever, or you want it to learn stronger moves earlier/moves only it can learn but its evolution/s cannot learn. Otherwise there isn't much point, and you might as well evolve, as it will get some stat boost from evolution, etc.

Mind you evolving a Pokemon at level 15 compared to say level 50 (or even 99) will result in no difference in stats in the long run.

With that, going to close. If you have any other questions, please ask them in the Help thread sticky at the top of the section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back