• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Too many legends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit
    those are the IMPORTANT ones

we didn't need
    Darkrai, Cressalia, Manaphy and Phione, Shaymin, Regigigas...and Heatran

actually...I've noticed that DPPt has a wider variety of Legendary pokemon in terms of what they mean

Arceus: God
    Dialga and Palkia: Time and Space
    Giratina: Antimatter
    Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit: Emotion/Sprit

Darkrai and Cressialia: Dreams

Heatran: Fire
    Regigigas: Earth
    Shaymin: Grass
    Manaphy: Water

mash them all together and you have...the Universe and Earth!

thus concludes my lesson on how Pokemon has matured from using only the elements to more deep stuff

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Still they should have left out a couple. I agree Twilight-Kun with some of what should have been left out.

Years
    Manaphy and Phione are example of ones I'd have left out, or included but just not as legendaries. The positive I suppose is that everybody has a different preference when it comes to legendaries, instead of everyone liking the same one(s).

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
    NINTENDO SHOULD PUT MORE MASTER BALLS IN THE GAME LOL

[TITLE OFFTOPIC SO IS THE NEXT SENTANCE SORRY]

it has too many leandrys NOT ENOUGH MASTER BALL
    LIST
    1. LAKE GURDAINES[3]
    2. ARCUS ALL THE TYPES
    3. REGIGIGUS NEED 3 REGIES OF HOENN
    4. MANIPH
    5. PHOINE
    6. DAIGA PALKIA GARATINA
    7. SHYMIN
    8. DARKIRIA
    9. CRESILIA
    10. HEATRAN
    11. THREE BIRDS OF KANTO[PLATINUM]
    I THINK I LISTED ALL THE CATCHABLE LEANDRYS

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    you can never ever have too many legendary pokemon :)

I don't want to offend you but...we're totally different people.

*pulls out rant sheet*

Back then in the days of Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow, Pokemon was about catching 'em all. Of course, I don't blame Gamefreak for creating a few (5, to be exact) "special" pokemon. However, it got WAY out of control--legendary pokemon were appearing left and right. And ask yourselves this: If everything is special, then how is it special? When you have a juice box and nobody else does, you're special. But when everybody has a juice box, you're just like everybody else. Now apply that to legendaries.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Just a clarification, Phione is not really considered a legendary IMO. I mean, you can breed it! Legendaries are not breedable, they are supposed to be 1 per game!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    To be honest, when looking at Unova's selection for legendaries, I really miss Sinnoh. It seemed like there were just too few this time around. I'm not saying that I'm all for overpowered Pokemon or anything of the sort, but I think that going into a new area for the purpose of catching a one-in-a-kind Pokemon added a little bit of extra depth. In B/W, you have the 3 musketeers, Kyurem, Volcarona, Victini, and a single wanderer (with the exception of Landorus). I just don't feel like that's really enough!

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    It's true that there is a large abundance of legenadary pokemon these days, but I don't particularly mind.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    To be honest, when looking at Unova's selection for legendaries, I really miss Sinnoh. It seemed like there were just too few this time around. I'm not saying that I'm all for overpowered Pokemon or anything of the sort, but I think that going into a new area for the purpose of catching a one-in-a-kind Pokemon added a little bit of extra depth. In B/W, you have the 3 musketeers, Kyurem, Volcarona, Victini, and a single wanderer (with the exception of Landorus). I just don't feel like that's really enough!
    *facepalm*
    Gen V introduced 13 legendary pokemon, while Gen IV introduced 14. No offense, but what's the difference?

Again. Like I said. Gen V & IV had WAY TOO MANY. Also, Volcarona is not a legendary, it's a normal pokemon. It even evolves from another pokemon, and it can be caught (it's pre-evolution) in the wild! Don't wanna insult you but...How can you mistake that for a legendary pokemon????

Unova's official legendaries are: Victini, The Musketeer Gang (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo), the Kami Tro (EXTREME dissapointment--they're all copies of each other) (Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus) the Tao trio (Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem) Meloetta, and Genesect.

I respect your opinion, but *points at above post*. Also, I respect your opinion, and I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I think it's kind of silly you think Unova didn't have enough legendaries when there was only a one Pokemon difference between the generations.

Well, in theory there is ALOT more normal Pokémon than Legendaries, so it kinda balances out.
    The thing people aren't realizing is that it doesn't matter if there are 5 million normal pokemon or just one. The fact that there are 47 alleged "special" pokemon ruins it. Legendary Pokemon can only be legendary when there are 10 or less.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    yeah i think that the great number of legendaries here made the games lack originality where legendaries were so hard to get !!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    There are definitely too many legendaries... I don't even consider any pokemon legendary anymore (except the original few) because there are so many now. Sinnoh wasn't that bad, but Unova is terrible when it comes to legendaries. There are way too many.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    In a Japanese copy of Platinum, assuming you have the Regigigas event, all event key items, and a copy of any Ranger game, you can obtain:

1-3: Legendary birds (roaming)
    4: Mew (My Pokémon Ranch)
    5-7: Regi trio (requires Regigigas caught in a Cherish Ball)
    8-10: Lake trio
    11-13: Dragon trio
    14: Heatran
    15: Regigigas (requires all three members of the Regi trio)
    16: Cresselia
    17: Phione (Breed Manaphy OR My Pokémon Ranch)
    18: Manaphy (Ranger)
    19: Darkrai (Event)
    20: Shaymin (Event)
    21: Arceus (Event)

Yes, I consider Phione a legendary.

Years
    Legendary Pokemon can only be legendary when there are 10 or less.

I was with you until you said this. Who is to say that there is a limit to Legendaries? I don't really think the number of legendaries is to great so much as it is to easy to obtain them. If Nintendo found a way to make them a lot harder to obtain that would balance out the fact that there are so many.

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
    The Lake Guardians are all cheap rip-offs of each other. I wouldn't mind if they stayed in their caves and never came out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back