• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami Block is BACK! 5/26/2012

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Yup it is true Toonami block is back on the Adult Swim on Cartoon Network! We've been heard :)

Toonami Block is BACK! 5/26/2012

I do know there is a thread that says Toonami came back! for April Fools Joke, Idk if I should make a separate topic since this one is the coming back on May 26th of 2012, not as a one day thing, as for a block now, Toonami block is back on Adult Swim!

Note: If this counts as a duplication thread for this one here : https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277098 Please merge to it.

Source: https://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm so excited for this. I was filled with joy when hearing the news. I really hope they bring back some old anime/shows. If they have to add in new shows then they should combine it with old anime/shows.
    I would mind having Tenchi Muyo repeats and Gurren Lagaan would be a interesting new show to add even though it's several years old.

User19sq

Damn, I was gonna post this on my the other thread.

But still, YEAH!!! It's back! Time to get old school and watch anime the way it was meant to be seen: With TOM!!!

Sir Codin

This might actually make me watch Cartoon Network again. That channel hasn't been good in years.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2013
    My friend told me about it earlier today. I was kinda shocked and happy. I should be tuning in to watch it that day. Glad to see toonami back

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Sounds awesome. It'd be better if we knew the line up for shows though, haha. Hopefully this will boost Cartoon Network though.

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    This is WONDERFUL news!

I really missed toonami... I used to watch sailor moon, Reboot, and Tenchi Muyo every time that block came on when I was little. ahh the memories... <3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Sounds awesome. It'd be better if we knew the line up for shows though, haha. Hopefully this will boost Cartoon Network though.
    I am sure we can bank on this at the very least.

DBZ, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Big O, Tenchi Muyo, Outlawstar.

Hopefully they get me some Rurouni Kenshin in there... And show Inuyasha Final Act. Sure they will still have FMA Brotherhood. Definitely need me some G Gundam as well. Mobile Suit is stretch although who doesn't love them some Amuro vs. Char if they are Gundam fans. Love me some Ronin Warriors, Zatch Bell, Transformers, Zoids Chaotic & New Century, Ranma 1/2 (which I don't know why they never aired it). And many others.

New shows I'd like to see is.

- Darker Than Black
    - Soul Eater
    - Gundam AGE
    - Gundam Unicorn OVA
    - Star Driver

Probably more as well.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
    I am sure we can bank on this at the very least.

DBZ, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Big O, Tenchi Muyo, Outlawstar.

Hopefully they get me some Rurouni Kenshin in there... And show Inuyasha Final Act. Sure they will still have FMA Brotherhood. Definitely need me some G Gundam as well. Mobile Suit is stretch although who doesn't love them some Amuro vs. Char if they are Gundam fans. Love me some Ronin Warriors, Zatch Bell, Transformers, Zoids Chaotic & New Century, Ranma 1/2 (which I don't know why they never aired it). And many others.

New shows I'd like to see is.

- Darker Than Black
    - Soul Eater
    - Gundam AGE
    - Gundam Unicorn OVA
    - Star Driver

Probably more as well.

Honestly I think were getting all new or at least semi new. (Past few years) I doubt they would launch with old stuff. Having Toonami but with newer stuff is the way to go. I heard people saying they are keeping Bleach and FMA which makes sense. I would not be to shocked to see some of the 12 ep series Japan has made in the past few years. Also keep hearing a Hack series is coming but not sure which one. Is there a new one? Only saw Hack Twilight.

On a side note Zatch was never finished but is it to late for them to finish? Like could VIZ finish dubbing it? Or is that to late since its been like 6 years.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    There is absolutely no way they would start out all new. Gradually having a block that transitions to new programming yes, but starting out all new not going to happen. They are going to show what they know works and a few of these shows are guaranteed a vast audience. Now all old shows again highly doubtful as well. They could have a one hour slot dedicated to new shows though, I think that would satisfy people wanting new series as well as people wanting to re-live the old series for awhile.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
    There is absolutely no way they would start out all new. Gradually having a block that transitions to new programming yes, but starting out all new not going to happen. They are going to show what they know works and a few of these shows are guaranteed a vast audience. Now all old shows again highly doubtful as well. They could have a one hour slot dedicated to new shows though, I think that would satisfy people wanting new series as well as people wanting to re-live the old series for awhile.

Well it also matters what they have licenses too. Not sure if they paid extra for the April 1st stuff but doesn't Nicktoons own all DBZ stuff now? Or does DBZ Kai qualify as its own series the movies qualify as there own? I would hope they do new stuff from 12 till 3 and the older stuff 3 till 6. New as in newer series in the past 7 years. Even if its been aired before. I love DBZ as much as the next person but if its on there. Then again whats the chance of them doing new eps from 12-3 then repeating the same shows like AS has been doing for like DRRR,FMA and Keikishi? Also considering its on late and kids are asleep is there even a chance of a kiddy show like Zatch,One Piece or Naruto? Not sure if OP and Naru are old series since I think they were on back in 05 but I guess for Toonami there newer. I guess we will see the lineup early next week maybe?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    They also air Kai on the CW Saturday morning line up. I believe Nick also is airing GT as well. Zatch, One Piece, and Naruto are for all age groups tbh. I know plenty of older people that aren't exactly pre-teens that watch and read those series. I could see them trying to get Shippudden since its not aired on Disney XD anymore irrc.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
    They also air Kai on the CW Saturday morning line up. I believe Nick also is airing GT as well. Zatch, One Piece, and Naruto are for all age groups tbh. I know plenty of older people that aren't exactly pre-teens that watch and read those series. I could see them trying to get Shippudden since its not aired on Disney XD anymore irrc.

Wait does Disney have the rights still and just not air it? Was not sure if they lost the rights or were airing it at odd times. I'm wondering if AS on Demand may add a Toonami section

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Wait does Disney have the rights still and just not air it? Was not sure if they lost the rights or were airing it at odd times. I'm wondering if AS on Demand may add a Toonami section
    Don't think Disney renewed the rights, so its no longer airing their I believe.

Yes, it will be having a mixture of old an new shows. As for what exactly it will be, we don't know yet, but there ARE plenty of options *COUGH*TIGERANDBUNNY*COUGH*. I'd say it's likely that we'll see Bleach on there, too.
    I think they would very smart too keep Bleach since it is one of Shoenn Big three with (Naruto & One Piece). FMA Brotherhood could be phased out for a substantial period of times cause all they are doing now is just re-airing reruns.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    LONG LIVE TOONAMI

I'm excited. If all the good stuff comes back, then I will literally watch every day. Haha.
    Unless they stick only to Saturday nights xD. Which I guess if it gets like it used to they may have it weekdays again. Hopefully the timeslots go back to what they used to, so it may insure more viewership.

Back