• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami Came Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

User19sq

Adult Swim finally made an April Fool's joke go right!!

As a shout-out, it started by saying that the infamous movie, The Room, was available on DVD. After that, TOM 3 and the rest of his Toonami cast started with airing a new Bleach episode, followed by other old anime.

I'm very, very impressed! Not only did Blum repise his role as TOM 3, but he also voiced new items as well! TOM 3 did a review on Mass Effect 3, which I'm sure no one saw coming! Not only that, but he also previewed the new Bleach episode just as he did with other old anime from back then! He's also promoting the DVD sets for the outdated anime he's airing, like Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing.

Whether this is permanent or not is beyond me, but I wish it was. The broadcast is currently airing on Cartoon network, if you're interested in nostalgia.

So, any opinions? Comments? Discussions?

Years
  • I look away for an hour and come back to find Twitter exploding with Toonami stuff. Which is awesome.

Bad part about it is that I don't have cable/other television viewing method ._. A bittersweet night this is.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Obviously CN is trollin, since they should have never cancelled Toonami and started having crappy alternative programming in its place. I just hope these old episodes spark enthusiasm of viewers to request more of this and the newer generation to realize how badass the out skool toonami line up was. Which they would have showed Wing Zero vs. Epyon EP 37 I believe. That would have been pretty awesome showcase of Wing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The Room is available on DVD though...

/huge fan of The Room :(

User19sq

Obviously CN is trollin, since they should have never cancelled Toonami and started having crappy alternative programming in its place. I just hope these old episodes spark enthusiasm of viewers to request more of this and the newer generation to realize how badass the out skool toonami line up was.

According to Wikipedia, Blum said on FB that Toonami's making a return. I can't find the post to confirm it, though, because I can't work my way around Facebook.

If Cn is trolling, then they're doing it right. But if they're actually bringing it back, like Blum says, then that means we shall rejoice. XD

Years
  • According to Wikipedia, Blum said on FB that Toonami's making a return. I can't find the post to confirm it, though, because I can't work my way around Facebook.

If Cn is trolling, then they're doing it right. But if they're actually bringing it back, like Blum says, then that means we shall rejoice. XD

He later retracted that statement, though. It was mostly people blowing something he said about it out of proportion.

Of course, maybe they ARE planning on bringing it back and he had to say that because reasons. Who knows.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • If this is legit I would love Cartoon Network forever. They are finally doing the right thing for once. Hopefully they show Gundam AGE on the new line up, with the real DBZ not that Kai Blue Mr. Popo crap Give me my Yu Yu Hakusho, Kenshin, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Zoids, Dragon Ball, DBZ, Ronin Warriors, Outlaw Star line up.

User19sq

Well, the night's still young. I'm sure they'll air at least one of those shows. So far, they've been airing Bleach, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, and Outlaw Star.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Supposedly Outlaw Star is supposed to be aired later. If this is a joke I feel this would just be Cartoon Network spitting in everyone faces essentially saying this will never come back even after all the fan demand over the years.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Oh my god, this is brilliant. Kudos Adult Swim.
    It's a shame that this has something to do with April Fools, but the nostalgia aspect was great.

User19sq

I'm convinced that it's an April Fool's joke now. When promoting Tenshi Muyo, TOM referenced the "I got 99 Problems But a B**** Ain't One" song, using the actuall word "b****" unsencored and everything, something he wouldn't do back then.

I laughed when he did that, though. XDDDDD

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • THEY'RE ABOUT TO SHOW TENCHI MUYO?
    This is probably the greatest night of my life. I've been wanting to see that show again since the day it was taken off of Toonami

User19sq

It's about to end, actually. ^^; You can still catch the last of it before Outlaw Star airs, though.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • I FLIPPED OUT WHEN I SAW TENCHI COMMERCIALS, NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA. ; w ;

Unfortunately they showed the worst season.. >_> /IMO

But it was cool to see Toonami again.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Big O and Yu Yu Hakusho are next. Yeah they could do this any other time of the year, so the likelihood that this is legit is slim to none.

Years
  • I think it's a trick within a trick.

It's April Fools, so we THINK it's a joke..but that's what they want us to think, which is the joke.

And if not...take note of these ratings, CN. Take note.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Yeah I hope the ratings really reflect the desire. Cause its hard to argue with that. They are pulling the big guns out that's for sure. Now if we could get some Peter Cullen promos going that would be so awesome!

Years
  • That and I don't see why they would go through all that trouble to reobtain the rights to all these shows that they lost years ago, all for one single night.

It simply doesn't make sense. But then again, there is't much that CN has done in the past few years that has, so.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I was about to say, letting Toonami go in the first place wasn't a joke within itself? Even if they don't bring it back, I can see this add fuel to petitioners fire. And will bring more sympathy to their cause. Maybe they could buy the rights for a single episode?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back