• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami resurection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    Quality over quantity.

I fully believe that Toonami was better back when it just had two hours – it didn't need any more. I mean, they even had times when there was a "movie week": they showed Blue Submarine No. 6 for about a week, and I watched all of it because they made it exciting – at least, the advertisements for it. I'd rather watch a small amount of good quality stuff over 3-4 hours of maybe not-so-good stuff. Case-in-point, at least for myself, waiting till 12:30 for the stuff on Adult Swim, back when they showed the original Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop, and other great anime. Though, Family Guy and Robot Chicken are good fillers to wait for them.

Years
    In it's final years, it only lasted 2 hours on a Saturday night.
    The final lineup was
    9:00-9:30 Naruto
    9:30-10:00 Naruto
    10:00-10:30 Ben 10 Alien Force
    10:30-11:00 Samuri Jack

Pretty sad ain't it.
    Toonami deserved a better line up.

If Toonami is brought back, they might give it a new line up.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    ... I didn't know they had Samurai Jack. I thought I'd lost it forever!

Well, now I have. Unless I can find the DVDs somewhere.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    You have to understand that Toonami was more than just anime. It had shows like Thundercats(very faint memory of it for me) JLU, Batman Beyond (faint memory), Teen Titans, and yet anime was a important part of Toonami.

If we send enough they might listen. Oh, and you also made a typo.

um...just to put this out there, I'm pretty sure all those shows died. As in, they reached the point where the reruns got old, especially in terms of a prime time slot
    so generally speaking, Toonami DID die by the time it reached the strange-looking one, which IMO made it less bearable than usual

oh, and just to put this out there, petitions don't work, especially if they're going towards those big companies

i really think that toonami just needs to rest in peace at this point and so does this thread :P

Years
    Okay. I'm sending my CN letters today. Did any of you send one?
    I heard that a guy wrote to CN about Yu-Yu-Hakusho coming back, and they put it back on. One letter affected the outcome. There is hope. We can save Toonami!

Years
    You have to understand that Toonami was more than just anime. It had shows like Thundercats(very faint memory of it for me) JLU, Batman Beyond (faint memory), Teen Titans, and yet anime was a important part of Toonami.

If we send enough they might listen. Oh, and you also made a typo.

Over here in the uk, the Toonami Block *before it moved to it's own channel* was Anime only which is why I said what I said previously.

I guess the big part of CNX/Toonami as a channel for me WAS the anime, I mainly watched it for the anime so perhaps also I am a tad biased.. but the Toonami channel DID have Samurai Jack and good movies once upon a time here.. now it is cartoon network too with repeats of things you can see on CN or boomerang itself.. really sad to see it die like that.

And, I've heard things like 'letters saved x' before, and usually it isn't true. Not saying you are lying, but I know I am not the only one that has heard that before and found no real proof of it.

If it works, then you deserve praise.. but I really do not think the company will change their minds.. just show the non anime shows on another channel like they do here (CN, Boomerang etc)

Last edited:

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Well, I may not have sat through an episode of Toonami without switching channels. But since it was something I sort of grew up on. I think..O_o. I wish you guys luck. And I might help out. I only started watching animé recently. So I guess I'll help.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ... I didn't know they had Samurai Jack. I thought I'd lost it forever!

Well, now I have. Unless I can find the DVDs somewhere.

...Um...I can't believe that I'm the first one to mention this, but...does anybody else remember that little website called "Toonami Jetstream" that was advertised on Toonami some time ago? Well, guess what? It's still running. Zatch Bell, Samural Jack, MAR, Hikaru no Go...they're all still going. So, if you want to show support for Toonami, you might want to start with showing support for the website.

Years
    That's not the same! Toonami Jetstream hasn't been the way it used to be since they took off One Piece, DB, and DBZ! PLUS it doesn't even feel related to toonami any ,ore since they took off TOM 4 face whan a banner was shown next to a show!

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
    I did love toonami and that piece of S*** website they have is nothing like watching it on TV but they quit showing most the good shows years ago so I say let it rest, but hell if you can convince them to make it the exact way it was then, I'm on your side but I really just want to see the reruns of the old shows so they don't kill the shows with new low budget crap!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I think you're overreacting a bit...Toonami might have been good at one point, but the past few years have been terrible. Cartoon Network itself has been trying to save money by buying the rights to shows that were aired in other countries ( Total Drama Island, that Mall show... )

Better leave it off dead, and download your anime like a real man

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Cartoon Network itself has been trying to save money by buying the rights to shows that were aired in other countries ( Total Drama Island, that Mall show... )

It's called 6Teen.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-. said:
    Make a petition, get everyone here to sign it and send it to toonami..

It's become obvious that most of the time online petitions don't work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back