• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami resurection

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Let's point something out first: I'm not the one who came up with this plan! I'm just spreeading the word.

My friends, as you well know, Toonami is gone, but are we just going to stand here and do nothing to save Toonami? NO! We need to fight back!

Send the CN exceutives letters about Toonami. Send Turner Broadcasting a letter.
    Send Williams Street a letter.

Here's the adresses to those 3 studios:
    Cartoon Network exceutives:

Robert Sorcher
    Chief Content Officer, Cartoon Network Worldwide
    1050 Techwood Drive
    Atlanta, Georgia 30318

Michael Ouweleen
    Senior VP, Programming and Development
    1050 Techwood Drive
    Atlanta, Georgia 30318

Turner Broadcasting:

Stuart Snyder
    President, Turner Animation, Young Adults & Kids Media
    1 CNN Center
    Atlanta, Georgia 30303

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
    1 CNN Center
    Atlanta, Georgia 30303

And here's Williams street's adress:

Williams Street
    1065 Williams Street
    Atlanta, GA 30309

Here are the guidlines
    Writing Guide

rust from toonzone said:
    Don't know what to say? Probably should look here first, before writing a letter. Contained here are the Do's and Don't of writing a letter to the above addresses. I'd suggest following them strictly.

To Cartoon Network
    Don't
    -Don't tell them how to do their jobs. That means no fantasy schedules, no suggestions for acquisitions, don't tell them how their advertisements will go.
    -Don't make your letter longer than a page or shorter than a paragraph. We need a concise size. If its more than one sheet of paper, the whole thing probably won't be read, but if its really short, we'll look like idiots.
    -Don't, if referring to Naruto Shippuden, say "Naruto Shippuden." We don't know if they have any idea what the difference is between "Naruto" and "Naruto Shippuden." I'd suggest saying "the second part of Naruto" instead.
    -Don't insult them or the programming. If you criticize, make it constructive criticism.

Do
    -Do explain what Toonami means to you.
    -Do tell them that the reason Toonami lost ratings was because of lack of time and advertisement.
    -Do tell them that Toonami was Anime's last bastion in the USA.
    -Do express your desire to see Toonami again.

To Turner
    Don't
    -Don't do anything in the above Don'ts.
    -Don't use a lot of jargon or programming names. I'm sure they have a good idea of what Toonami is, however, they don't deal with it on a day to day basis, so they would not be as knowledgeable about it as a Cartoon Network executive.

Do
    -Do say that Toonami got great ratings until they quit advertising it.
    -Do say that Toonami was anime's last bastion in the USA.
    -Do say that it can get ratings again if advertised like it was in 2000-2005.
    -Do explain what Toonami means to you.

To Williams Street
    Don't
    -Don't insult anyone, the programming, or anything else. These letters are meant to get them to try their darndest to save Toonami, so we obviously want them happy.

Do
    -Explain what Toonami meant to you.
    -Express your desire to see Toonami back on the air.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it. In the meantime, get writing.
    Toonami resurection

This will work! It can be achieved!

falling up+
    Years
    Honestly Toonami's prime was after Gundam Wing back in 2002. Ever since then its been in steady decline in terms of show quality. Basically with everyone watching adult swim now and naruto staying in its normal time block theres no reason for them to keep the toonami moniker around. So I fully understand why they pulled it.

Of course Ill always have great memories from Moldor hosting WAY back in the day and the first episodes of DBZ I saw, wolfs rain, outlaw star, tenchi muyo, ronin warriors, kenshin, the big o, prince of tennis. Ill miss it all.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Toonami finally died? YAY! The only thing good bout it was bobobo-bo-bobobo and thats it! And that was 2 years ago when i fianlly stopped watching it!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Action Flicks is not a cool block!!! It doesn't even deserve to be Toonami's replacement!

We're not in the pre-2006 era of Toonami anymore. I'd rather watch decent to well done action movies with an occasional, new episode of Naruto than repeats and only one new episode of a not-so-good show.

Years
    Toonami is long dead for the UK (cartoon network too.. need I say more) and the US just recently.

You really think they would bring it back? I really do not.

Yes CN sucks without the toonami block, but would it be fair for the US to get ti back and not the UK?

and if it came back to the UK I would like it how it was in the 2002-2003 era of CNX .. it was GOOD back then.

I am afraid that CN would enver listen to a letter or an online petition, they got rid of it for a reason.. there are other channels that show anime in the us (more than the uk anyway), so it is harder to stay popular.

Years
    Toonami is long dead for the UK (cartoon network too.. need I say more) and the US just recently.

You really think they would bring it back? I really do not.

Yes CN sucks without the toonami block, but would it be fair for the US to get ti back and not the UK?

and if it came back to the UK I would like it how it was in the 2002-2003 era of CNX .. it was GOOD back then.

I am afraid that CN would enver listen to a letter or an online petition, they got rid of it for a reason.. there are other channels that show anime in the us (more than the uk anyway), so it is harder to stay popular.
    You have to understand that Toonami was more than just anime. It had shows like Thundercats(very faint memory of it for me) JLU, Batman Beyond (faint memory), Teen Titans, and yet anime was a important part of Toonami.

If we send enough they might listen. Oh, and you also made a typo.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If its the anime your missing and not Toonami then you could just watch anime online.Also Sci-fi has some anime on during certain nights.At least they have Mobile Suit Gundam 00.It would have been nice if Toonami stayed but the programming sucked told the end of Toonami if they could get better programming that would be great.Cartoon Network is a joke in a whole they missed up the scedule of Adult Swim to have all the good shows in the middle of the night I mean they have Robot Chicken and Family Guy on every night they is really no need for them to have it on the Saturday line up and Boondocks should be moved back in the line up.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Guys, you have to realize what CN is w/o Toonami. It is nothing but gay shows like Chowder, Flapjack, Goosebumps, Thumb Wrestling Federation, and the cheesy George of The Jungle remake!

You do realize that most of those shows bring in more ratings than Toonami has in the past year? That's why most are continuing and Toonami isn't.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    And the reason why they have better ratings? Because of the lack of interest in the current (well, now last) form of Toonami. I remember when I was in middle school, with Moltar, and then both versions of TOM – those were good times. The whole little mini-series they did with the old TOM (transitioning into the second version) scared me to death.

Though, to be honest, it might be almost impossible to revive Toonami in its old form, considering that, back then, anime didn't have the popularity it does now. Sure, there were fans – I mean, Otakon was in its 6th or 7th year (iirc) when Toonami premiered. But it wasn't as mainstream as it is now. That's why they showed stuff like Tenchi Muyo, DBZ, and Sailor Moon: to get exposure and attempt to be the first cable network to cash in on what Turner saw as an animation form that was rapidly gaining popularity. Now, with anime being as mainstream as you can get (you wouldn't see kids running around with those headbands from Naruto ten years ago), it's just not bringing in the same profit for Turner as it did back when it wasn't mainstream, not to mention as others have said, there's a lot more competition. It doesn't help that the anime industry is taking a turn for the worse with the current battle with fansubbers.

This isn't to say that I wouldn't watch it if it got a revival to how it was back in the late 90s-early 21st c. But the facts are just too overwhelming for it to happen. That, and they wouldn't show my favorites (the day CN shows Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei, I'll eat my fingers).

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I don't see why everyone keeps bringing up Japanese animé. Toonami has had other animé work for them. So this is how it most likely happened:

Toonami had 3-4 hours when the ratings started declining. Then CN adds shows to help ratings but they still go down. To cut space they get rid of shows such as One Piece. Naruto, being Toonami's highest rating show at the time gets two slots. The rest is obvious because of loss of interest due to filler episodes.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    I only keep bringing up anime because that's all I remember seeing on Toonami. Though, thinking back, I do remember the Johnny Quest update – but I'm not entirely sure if that was on before Toonami or during. I guess I stopped watching, too, before they extended the programming; I only remember it being two hours.

Years
    The reason is that most kids didn't know what Toonami was! You know why? Because Cartoon Network didn't advertise it!!! It's not because of this:
    Toonami resurection

and it wasn't because of the Naruto power hour. It was because of the lack of advertising CN gave it!! You know why the shows I metioned did so well? because they were advertised more!!! It's all about advertising!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back