• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

top 5 best anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Here are my top 5..
    1. Gundam Seed Destiny
    2. Naruto
    3. Gundam Seed
    4. Pok?mon
    5. Beyblade

Stacee

MY EMERALD!
    Years
  • Mine?:
    Pokemon
    SonicX
    Yu-Gi-Oh
    DBZ/GT
    InuYasha (i havent seen it before, but it looks good, maybe i will go buy the DVD. Plus, i dont have any other faves)

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    In no order:
    -Naruto
    -Pokemon
    -Shaman King
    -Digimon and
    -Yu-Gi-Oh

Kijin

The Devil You Know.
    Years
  • The only top 5:
    1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. FLCL
    3. Hellsing (only while supplimented with the Manga. Without which, the anime makes little to no sense, especially when translated)
    4. Gungrave/Trigun (it's a prefrence thing- I prefer Gungrave of the two)
    5. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (if you don't believe everything Mai Yamane attaches herself to isn't gold, you need to have your head examined)

Write ins for incomplete and unseen series: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Samurai Champloo, Samurai X, Chobits, .hack//sign

I'd add Naruto... but's it's like a slightly more story/character based DBZ. It's a really great series, don't get me wrong- I haven't felt more compelled to watch every episode and read every volume of any series as much as I do with Naruto... it's just not as fulfilling as a whole when compared to the above series. (EG: you can spend your life reading Animorphs and Goosebumps and say they're the best, but you'll be stifling your mind for when something like Clockwork Orange, The Garden of Eden, Fight Club, In Cold Blood or the Divine Comedy comes along)

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • Happy Lesson
    FLCL
    Flame of Recca
    Dragon Ball/Z/GT
    Sister Princess

@Kijin: I've read and enjoyed many deep and different books, such as Ring/Spiral, Paradise Lost, Shogun, Divine Comedy, and such... but Animorphs still remains among my top books.

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Top 5 is tough for me. Some of the titles are tied for 1st XD

1. Anything Dragonball, Pocket Monsters, Yu Yu Hakusho
    2. Inuyasha
    3. Rurouni Kenshin
    4. G Gundam
    5. Ranma, Lupin the 3rd, Yugioh, Detective Conan

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • My favorite anime, hm? Well...

5. Sailor Moon (First Season)
    4. Angelic Layer
    3. One Piece
    2. Naruto
    1. Laputa (Castle in the Sky)

Manga is a totally different story, since most of the manga I love I haven't seen anime for:

5. Cardcaptor Sakura
    4. Psychic Academy
    3. Fruits Basket
    2. Hikaru no Go
    1. Kaze no Tani no NAUSHIKA (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)

Nausicaa is so breathtaking, I can't believe it wasn't more popular. I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki's anime, but this, his only manga, is by far my all-time favorite, and that's saying something, since I own over a hundred different series (most of which are still running, lol). Not only was this one one of my first, but it was forever the best. If you've seen the anime, you haven't seen even half of what Miyazaki has done with it, and you've only gotten a taste of its treasures. Anyway, I'll stop harping on that and let someone else tell their faves now. :P

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    1. Inuyasha
    2. Cardcaptor Sakura
    3. Detective Conan/Case Closed
    4. Master Cooking Boy. (It's good, I tell you! xD)
    5. Fruits Basket

(In no particular order)

Kijin

The Devil You Know.
    Years
  • The S said:
    @Kijin: I've read and enjoyed many deep and different books, such as Ring/Spiral, Paradise Lost, Shogun, Divine Comedy, and such... but Animorphs still remains among my top books.
    top 5 best anime

But in all seriousness, the point I was making was that you need to expose yourself to more than Duel Masters, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Yu-Yu Hakusho, and DBZ. If, after running the gammit of anime, you find that DBZ is really awesome and that 15 episodes to advance a plot inches is your cup of tea, all the more power to you. But I'm seeing a lot of the 'same-ole' fox/WB/CN afternoon and saturday morning bash' cartoons listed here and I figured I'd push my favorites as 'cannonical' because... well, most of them took a little bit of searching to find.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 19, 2006
    i like 1pokemon 2sailor moon 3yu gi oh 4final fantasy unlimited 5star ocean ex

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Here's my favorites.

1. AIR
    2. Kanon
    3. Mahoraba
    4. Futakoi Alternative
    5. Chrono Crusade

Status