• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top Ten Anime?

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I found this in another forum a long time ago. Thought it was a little bit different since you can only name ten of your favorite animangas. So basically, the only thing I can tell you is that you don`t have to put them in order from your least favorite to most favorite. =]

[1] Fullmoon wo Sagashi*te
    [2] Kirarin Revolution
    [3] InuYasha
    [4] Chobits
    [5] Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
    [6] Evangelion
    [7] Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon
    [8] Devil Hunter Yohko
    [9] Chobits
    [10] You`re Under Arrest

... not in order.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    No wonder almost no one is posting. =o I guess not that many people have ten favorite animangas. =| Oh well...

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    1. Bleach
    2. Groove Adventure Rave (Rave Master)
    3. Naruto
    4. Inuyasha
    5. Blood+
    6. Full Metal Alchemist
    7. Konjiki no Gash Bell (Zatch Bell)
    Well that is about it. I am going to start watching Black Cat, Haruhi Suzumiya,
    and I may check out Claymore, DN Angel, and Lucky Star. Are their any more anime that someone my recommend me to watch?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    *hauls old post out from a different board and updates*

01. Cyborg 009: The Android Soldier - This is my favorite for many reasons, but the number one reason I like this is because it shows how people of different races can work together to accomplish a higher goal. The main character was a person with parents of different nationalities and had to learn to accept himself before the world around him would accept him. On a production view, I love the animation, I'm a huge fan of the retro look and it reminds me so much of the manga. It also has some of the best music I've heard in a while, OST, opening and ending, I loved them. The core cast were so diverse, there was literally a character that almost anyone could identify with.

02. Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket - I found this series to be interesting because of the way the protagonist was viewed and how he changed over the course of the series. Seeing a young boy going from thinking that war is something cool and just a game to realizing how horrible it can really be is great. The ending is poignant and really gets across the message of just how grim the realities of war can be. I think this is the only Gundam that's been able to do it in a realistic manner. It had great characters and the animation was pretty good for it's time, loved the mech designs as well. Some people find the main character to be annoying, but that was the whole point. He was a young and naive boy who had absolutely no experience with war, he was just a kid and was forced into a situation where we had to leave behind all his preconceived notions about war just being a game.

03. Turn A Gundam - This series wasn't too much of a success in Japan, and I guess I can see why with the mecha designs they had, but I still loved it. To me it shows what Gundam can do when every member of the production team is giving it their all, and it was great to see a lighter series from Tomonio that wasn't totally about doom and actually gave characters hope and happy endings for once. It was the last series that I fully enjoyed, since then we've had Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED DESTINY, which have numerous faults that I just can't get pass. My favorite Gundam TV series and really one of the last good Gundams made. It had a great idea of mixing the technological aspect of Gundam with the Victorian age setting. It's a character driven series and as such, we learn a lot about the characters and come to care for them so much. Every time a character died, you would feel bad, these are the people that you've learned so much about and more so than almost any Gundam, it was able to make the characters seem human.

04. Card Captor Sakura - My favorite shoujo anime of all time. The series just has this certain magic about it that keeps the viewer captivated through its entire run. I've seen the thing so many times over the years that I've lost count and will often find myself rewatching the episodes at random because they were generally just fun to watch. The characters weren't the most original, but the way they were handled really made it a superb show.

05. Keroro Gunso - Even though it's not over yet, I have no problems placing this on my top ten list. This show is a perfect example of what can be done when a production team generally try to make an interesting an humorous show. The jokes actually make me laugh, I love all the characters and there's basically an archetype in each of the frogs that a lot of people can identify with.

06. Kikaider - A short OVA series, but it was still a great series. It had the retro style that I love in anime so much and really reminded me of the old tokusatsu and manga. Some people found the show to be confusing, but it really wasn't. It's just the struggle of someone trying to understand his own faults and come to terms with the fact that he can never have what he wants. It's the story of a tragic hero done right more or less.

07. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - One of the best and darkest Gundam or anime shows out there, before everything was just flash and gore. The show had great substance and really brought new life into the Gundam franchise, it was one Tomino's darkest, but easily one of his best as well.

08. Samurai Champloo - Another great anime from the mind of Shinichiro Watanabe. He was able to replicate the great atmosphere that he first achieved in Cowbop Bebop. As with Cowboy Bebop, the music played an integral part in the show. It helped with the stylization of the Samurai and feudal-Japan. Like many of Watanabe's other works, the main theme of this show is that you can't run from your past no matter how hard you try. This is really one of the only shows that I think really got that message across in a fun yet solid manner.

09. Fullmetal Alchemist - Nothing like this has really been done before. Not in this manner at least, the show relied much more on it's character's than anything else. It's so great to see how almost every character has one connection to another and how that connection helps move the plot along. The mysteries this show presented were great, and while the second half wasn't as good as the first, it still proved to be a near perfect anime.

10. Kaleido Star - This is one of the few shows from the last few years that I can really call a visual masterpiece. It relied heavily on the imagery and settings and it doesn't disappoint. Some of the characters may seem generic, but they're able to breathe new life into the overdone roles that they portray. The vivid imagery and plot were great here, there's not much about this show that I didn't like.

Honorable Mentions: Cowboy Bebop, Romeo X Juliet, Digimon Tamers, G-Gundam, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Code Geass, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Fruit's Basket, Berserk, Blue Seed, Betterman, Yoroiden-Samurai Troopers, GaoGaiGar.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    hmmmm...

1:naruto
    2:bleach
    3:inuyasha
    4:blood+
    5:trigun
    6:full metal alchemist
    7:samurai champloo
    8:dragon ball z
    9:one piece
    10: D.Gray Man

Gary

twinkle twinkle rainbow star.
    Years
    Tough choice, tough choice.

• One Piece.
    • Shaman King.
    • Groove Adventure Rave.
    • Duel Masters.
    • Trigun.
    • Cowboy Bebop.
    • Samurai Champloo.
    • Darker than Black ( Already, I have to say it's one of my favorites ).
    • Black Cat ( I like the manga more, personally ).
    • Negima!?.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
    I found this in another forum a long time ago. Thought it was a little bit different since you can only name ten of your favorite animangas. So basically, the only thing I can tell you is that you don`t have to put them in order from your least favorite to most favorite. =]

[2] Kirarin Revolution
    [3] InuYasha
    [4] Chobits
    [6] Evangelion
    [8] Devil Hunter Yohko
    [9] Chobits
    [10] You`re Under Arrest

... not in order.
    Even though chobits is so great, why did you put it twice..

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Even though chobits is so great, why did you put it twice..

... oh. Well, I didn`t post it as a joke. It was typo.

[2] Kirarin Revolution
    [3] InuYasha
    [4] Chobits
    [6] Evangelion
    [8] Devil Hunter Yohko
    [9] Ranma 1/2
    [10] You`re Under Arrest

Years
    Kyahh, only ten? ;__;

Naruto (Come on.)
    Full Metal Alchemist (Srsly.)
    Bleach (How can this not be on a list?)
    Digimon (Too awesome!)
    Cardcaptor Sakura (Seriously... magical girl = yay xD)
    Karin (Chibi Vampire, manga is too hilarious 8D)
    Scrapped Princess (Crispin Freeman looove.)
    Bakugan Battle Brawlers (I'm sorry x__x I think I'm like the only one who doesn't hate this xP)
    MAR (Marchen Awakens Romance. I like this, but there are better animes out there.)
    Chobits (Yay!)

A couple of other manga/anime stuff I'll be getting into soon is Lucky Star/Code Geass/Claymore/Death Note/Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/xxxholic/.hack, and more. My list is prone to change at any moment. D8
    I also like Pokemon, Zatch Bell, InuYasha, Excel Saga (lol.), Cowboy Bebop, and such. My number-one obsession right now is Naruto overall, for anime is FMA, and for manga... I guess Naruto but Chibi Vampire (english) is right there too.

Kyahh, I can't understand why most of my friends don't like anime D8 Oddly enough, I can't stand anything else right now.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    No order ;D

[1] Kanon
    [2] Inuyasha
    [3] BLEACH
    [4] Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu
    [5] Neon Genesis Evangelion
    [6] Ranma 1/2
    [7] Negima
    [8] Fullmetal Alchemist
    [9] Lucky Star
    [10] can't think of a ten at the moment -.-;

=D

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    1. BLEACH
    2. Shakugan no Shana(Season 2 ftw)
    3. Code Geass
    4. Hell Teacher Nube
    5. Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha
    6. Air Gear
    7. Tengoh Tenge
    8. Claymore
    9. Naruto
    10.Bakugan Battle Brawlers*Hugs Drago and Tigrera(SP?)*

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    1. Pita Ten
    2. Fruits Basket
    3. Full Metal Alchemist
    4. Shakugan no Shana
    5. Peach Girl
    6. Suzuka
    7. Tsubasa
    8. Gokusen
    9. Gravitation (lol)
    10. (I don't watch too many animes, so I'll just put something random) POKEMANZ!!1 (Seriously though? I hate it >>)

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
    Years
    1. InuYasha
    2. Bleach
    3. Naruto
    4. Cowboy Bebop

( i know i only have 4 but thats because they dont show a lot of anime in USA )

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    No real order here! Only numbered for convenience :3

1. Fullmetal Alchemist (how obvious am I?)
    2. Naruto
    3. BLEACH (duh e_e)
    4. D.Grayman (ilu to bits Allan ♥)
    5. Ouran High School Host Club (so much luff~)
    6. DNAngel
    7 Hikaru No Go (I can't really explain my horribly dysfunctional attachment to HNG, but.. I.. LOVE IT SO MUCH)
    8. Prince of Tennis (Tennis prodigies fighting other tennis prodigies in intense tournaments that are plausible and unrealistic at the same time. All the while looking ten years older than they really are. LOVE.)
    9. Kyou Kara Maou!
    10. <.< ... >.> ... *coughcoughPrincessPrincesscoughhack*

And there you have it, the list of the *very* few anime I've found the time to watch. Out of the 15 or so I have watched, that would definitely be the top :00 Like I said, no REAL order, but the two at the bottom I don't love QUITE as much..

ryuu yomi

pirate yomi
    Years
    1:one piece
    2:bleach
    3:trigun
    4:blood+
    5:kenshin
    6:Evangelion
    7:samurai champloo
    8:dragon ball z
    9: bobobo
    10: full metal alchemist

Mihael

Tara X willow=OTP
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    1 Death Note, by far. ._.
    2 Full Metal Alchemist
    3 Bleach
    4Naruto(Only for the Akatsuki)
    5 Vandread(So effing weird,though)
    6 Kasimasi
    7 Loveless(For a BL it sucked, but I still find it entertaining)
    8 Sayuki
    9 Digimon

I probably shouldn't mention any other anime I watc, on this forum anyway.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    1. Naruto
    2. Bleach
    3. Sailor Moon
    4. Inuyasha
    5. Fullmetal Alchemist
    6. Slayers
    7. Ranma 1/2
    8. Azumanga Diaoh
    9. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzmiya
    10. Ouran High School Host Club

Hmm...my list changes all the time. And I love a lot more anime than this. There should be a top twenty. XD But those are my best for now. :3

Back