• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Torchwood Fanclub

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Torchwood.
    Outside the government, beyond the police; tracking down alien life on Earth
    and arming the human race against the future. The twenty-first century is when it all changes.
    And you've gotta be ready.

Welcome to the Torchwood Fanclub. We would greatly appreciate you joining our little team; it requires naught but the filling out of a simple form. Ah, but before we get to that, I suppose I should give you a bit of information on what Torchwood is.

About Torchwood

Torchwood is a spin-off of the popular British sci-fi series Doctor Who. The name, an anagram of "Doctor Who", came about during the production of the 2005 revival of DW when it was used as a title ruse to ensure secrecy about DW's new season. Eventually producer Russell T Davies connected the title to an earlier idea for a sci-fi/crime drama and adapted the concept into a DW spin-off. The show tends to be referred to as a "more adult Doctor Who", though that description is actually quite misleading.

The aptly-named TV series is centered around the Earth-based organization known as the Torchwood Institute, created by Queen Victoria to defend Britain from alien lifeforms. More specifically, the show focuses on Torchwood Three, led by a former companion of the Doctor- the handsome, flirtatious, 51st century native Captain Jack Harkness. Torchwood Three is the only active division the organization has left at this point: Torchwood One was destroyed in the Battle of Canary Wharf, Torchwood Two is one man in an office in Glasgow and Torchwood Four has been missing for a while, though Harkness figures they'll find it someday.

Torchwood Three's primary objective is to monitor activity in the rift in space and time that runs through the city of Cardiff, Wales. The Rift was closed in 1869, but the closing left a scar that still leaks temporal and spacial discrepancies. The Rift tends to drop things from throughout time and space into the city without much warning, so the team's days are filled with rounding up whatever aliens and artifacts that come through and hoping that not many residents notice. They often put scavenged alien technology to use around their base, manipulating it to serve various purposes.

The main Torchwood team during season one consisted of Captain Jack Harkness, Ianto Jones, Gwen Cooper, Toshiko Sato, Owen Harper, and Suzie Costello. Later seasons saw the addition of Martha Jones, Lois Habiba, Rex Matheson, and Esther Drummond. Torchwood stands at three completed seasons and is currently airing season four, collectively titled "Miracle Day". Accompanying the main televised series there have been seven audio dramas, a variety of comics and an assortment of novels and audiobooks.

Rules

- All PokéCommunity rules apply.
    - All Other Clubs rules apply.
    - Please do not stray too far from the focus of the club.
    - Please do not become hostile in this thread.
    - Please try to keep important plot points and potential spoilers under spoiler tags. (Anything before Children of Earth will be assumed to be known.)
    - Have fun participating in discussion.

Now that you've read the obligatory "what-is-Torchwood" and rules sections of the club, I can now invite you to fill out a small application form which will allow you to be listed as an official club member. By filling out this form, you will be agreeing to abide by all rules imposed upon you by this club and the community in which it resides. All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.

Application Form

Username*:
    Nickname:
    Episodes of Torchwood Watched*:
    Favourite Character*:
    Did You Pay Attention To The Hover Text?*:
    Reason(s) For Joining:
    Other Comments:

Member List

Owner: Hybrid Trainer (James)
    Co-Owner: TheSmartOne (Anna)

Mew (Neo)
    Scarf
    Blue Nocturne (Noct)
    artieface (Artie)
    PhantomX0990 (Phantom)

Any topics that will potentially instigate discussion are welcome.

Torchwood Fanclub

Last edited:
    Years
  • Even though I'm already signed up i don't see any harm in filling this out x]

Username*: Hybrid Trainer
    Nickname: James, Davie, Hybrid nicknames don't really bother me too much x]
    Episodes of Torchwood Watched*: All of season 1 and 2. I've gotten through all of children of earth apart from the second half of the final episode and I've watched three episodes of miracle day.
    Favourite Character*: Ianto Jones :3 Marry me please <3
    Did You Pay Attention To The Hover Text?*: I saw the bloody torchwood and something about Adam if that's what you meant ^-^'
    Reason(s) For Joining: Because torchwood is amazing and it was partly my idea to make this \o/
    Other Comments: I hope lots of fans can join so we can all have an awesome time :D

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Username*: Mew~
    Nickname:
    Neo or Rocky. xD
    Episodes of Torchwood Watched*:
    I've watched some of seasons 1, 2 and children of earth, I've watched the 4 episodes of miracle day out so far though, I'm really enjoying it.
    Favourite Character*:
    Jack of course.
    Did You Pay Attention To The Hover Text?*:
    Well, not all the stuff in the about, the everyone knows about adam, and only warning, and I bet I didn't. D:
    Reason(s) For Joining:
    I'm not the biggest fan but I do enjoy the series and would like to talk about it.
    Other Comments:
    I like pie.

noww....
    Torchwood Fanclub

I'm loving Miracle day, Jilly Kitzinger is hilarious.
    Spoiler:

Also;
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Scarf
    Nickname: Scarf :x
    Episodes of Torchwood Watched: Everything that's out
    Favourite Character: Gwen
    Did You Pay Attention To The Hover Text?: I didn't read anything in Ianto's voice, if that's what you mean.
    Reason(s) For Joining: Because I need something to occupy me until Doctor Who starts again. No, really, I like the show.
    Other Comments: This new season is... different. It's not exactly what I was hoping for, but at least it's still on the air.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Username: Blue Nocturne
    Nickname: Bluer, Noct or BNbn
    Episodes of Torchwood Watched: Everything that's been aired in the UK. Seasons 1-3 I've got on blu-ray. Go me.
    Favourite Character: Toshiko. Vera and Esther come in at a close second and third though.
    Did You Pay Attention To The Hover Text?: I couldn't get it to come up. :/
    Reason(s) For Joining: You can never have enough places to discuss Torchwood.
    Other Comments: I never liked Ianto that much...

Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Filling out my own form, yay. <3

Username*: TheSmartOne
    Nickname: Anna
    Episodes of Torchwood Watched*: Everything~
    Favourite Character*: Ianto Jones ily. Jack is def a very close second.
    Did You Pay Attention To The Hover Text?*: Took for-effing-ever to write, that did. But I was bored.
    Reason(s) For Joining: Mah club. <3
    Other Comments: Thanks to everyone who joined so far~~

@James hiiii <3

@Mew Jilly Kitzinger is amazing. <3 <3 I hate her sometimes but damn that girl is awesome. :D

@Scarf It's got kind of an odd feel to it, doesn't it? Not quite old-Torchwood... but interesting nonetheless.
    Also, why Gwen? Any particular reason?

@Noct Srs? I wouldn't have thought it myself, but it does make sense. Though how are they gonna get rid of her with the Miracle still in place? I suppose she could end up like the random patient in the hospital in 4x02- the one that was strangled until her brain turned to mush (ohgodthatwashorrible)...

Years
  • Gwen is the only character so far in this new season who seems to be doing anything really useful. I just like her. She's serious, but she still has her sense of humor and her heart.

So, with the new season...
    Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Spoiler:

/cough

's true, Gwen's pretty badass this season. Actually not being all over Jack and whatever. I didn't like her at all in the beginning tbh.

I didn't think of that actually. Mainly because I don't actually know what that is. /failure

Spoiler:

Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • So, did anyone get into Torchwood specifically because of Doctor Who?

I can remember seeing an episode of it a while back after hearing about it from someone at my job. I watched maybe half of it and I actually didn't like it at all. D: And then, somehow, after getting into DW and having no idea the shows were connected, I went and saw TW again and enjoyed it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I guess I did... mainly because I adored Jack. Since I watch DW with my boyfriend only, I couldn't watch any more for a while and so I figured "hey, I love Jack and want something like DW right now". Ended up taking three days to marathon through the first three seasons and was a) an emotional wreck afterward and b) a complete fan of it. <3

SO yeah. I made the natural progression from DW to Torchwood. Except that the true progression was Alex Day > Charlie McDonnell > Doctor Who > Captain Jack Harkness > Torchwood > John Barrowman.

Years
  • Well i remember my parents getting all excited over Dr Who starting again and forced me to watch it x] But needless to say i really enjoyed it :D
    The after a while it was being shown constantly that there was a new exciting twist on dr who called torchwood, so i watched that too and was immediately sucked into it. It was like Dr Who but minus all the stuff i didn't like about it :D
    But since i was only young and it had quite a few adult themes i got confused and bored after a while and fell out of it for a bit x]

But then a month or two ago good ol' Anna here started spamming twitter with Torchwood this and Torchwood that and so i thought i'd watch them again, this time understanding what everything was about thus enjoying it to its full potential :D

artieface

EXTERMINATE.
    Years
  • Username: artieface
    Nickname:Artie
    Episodes of Torchwood Watched: Up to Miracle Day 3
    Favourite Character: Jack, Ianto, Owen, all of them fffff.
    Did You Pay Attention To The Hover Text?: I skimmed it o3o'
    Reason(s) For Joining: Invited
    Other Comments: OHHAY

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Just saw episode 5 of Miracle day, and just - woah.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Just saw episode 5 of Miracle day, and just - woah.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Spoiler:

So anyway, what's everyone's favorite episode that you've seen?

I quite liked "Captain Jack Harkness" and getting some of the mystery from Jack's past revealed there.

Years
  • what's everyone's favorite episode that you've seen?
    ADRIFT BECAUSE OF TEH JANTO SCENE!!!1!!!

Fragments because you get to see all the characters back stories. I'm surprised Toshiko was strong enough to withstand being in iscolation D:
    I usually don't like fillers but this was pretty awesome because of ianto in jeans

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My favorite episodes... oh dear. Um um "Fragments" was cool and "Captain Jack Harkness" was emotional and "Adrift" had that scene...

But I think my favorites would have to be "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" and "Countrycide". John Hart is awesome and Countrycide I though was extremely scar but I can't help re-watching it sometimes. o_o

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Spoiler:

I actually cannot decide on a favorite episode... I can certainly do it per series though:

Series 1: Captain Jack Harkness
    I adore the idea of communicating through time, and this one combined it with a classy villain (who I met on the tube one. Nice guy.) a bit of Jack-story and romance at it's least corny. They Keep Killing Suzie and Greeks Bearing Gifts has a special place in my heart though.

Series 2: Reset
    I love a good "here comes Torchwood!" kind of story, and this is the pinnacle of them in my opinion. Fragments and Adam are certainly up there as well, but I also like the more traditional Something Borrowed and From Out Of The Rain. Nowhere near my favorite, but I felt the need to mention it as everyone else seemed to hate it.

Children of Earth: Day 4
    If only for the scenes around Lois and Gwen ready to expose the government. Beautiful stuff.

Miracle Day:...
    Hard to say, but at the moment The Categories of Life definitely looks like it'll be up there. Dead of Night comes in 2nd at the moment.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Joining~

Username: PhantomX0990
    Nickname: Phantom
    Episodes of Torchwood Watched: ... All of them?
    Favourite Character:.... Ianto.... no Jack... no Owen... Tosh... I KNOW! P/C ANDY!
    Did You Pay Attention To The Hover Text?: yes
    Reason(s) For Joining: I like Torchwood?
    Other Comments: yay?

Watching the newest ep tonight. Should be epic. We're getting to the end!

Back