• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Torn World disappears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh that sucks. Its ugly anyway but t makes it hard to ha.... never mind.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • What if, you can only go in there if you have to do something there.
    As in... you get given a mission, so you go in and once you've completed the mission you come back out.
    Maybe you only get a few missions and once you've finished the last one, the Torn World closes up.

I might be wrong though, I know nothing about the Torn World...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    thats what it sounds like but its still dumb. I would just Save in there as long as I can.

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • Judging by the videos I've watched on Youtube, it seems that no one has ever tried saving in Torn World..

Anyways you can come back by going through the Turnback Cave, couldn't you?

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • Judging by the videos I've watched on Youtube, it seems that no one has ever tried saving in Torn World..

Anyways you can come back by going through the Turnback Cave, couldn't you?
    Yeah, to get the Platinum Orb.

After capturing Giratina there, besides getting the Orb, there's nothing else to do there. There's always been areas in the Pokemon games that you visit only a few times and then forget about.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, to get the Platinum Orb.

After capturing Giratina there, besides getting the Orb, there's nothing else to do there. There's always been areas in the Pokemon games that you visit only a few times and then forget about.

like where other than the Magma,Aqua hide out?

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • But, it shouldn't close up :(. I mean after you catch Gartina and get the Platinum Orb. IT SHOULD STAY. Just for the heck of it, so people can explore and enjoy the D.S 3D engine. That is the only place where everything is 3D. I swear if Nintendo closes it up, I will be freaking pissed. Can anyone here confirm this?

I mean....the entrace to the Torn World via Turnback Cave only allows you to visit the little section of the Torn World (where the ord is located). I don't care if that closes up. But overall the entrace on the summit of Mt. Coronet SHOULD STAY. Please do confirm this. >_>

:16:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    if there's no wild pokemon, and no items... then what would be the point of keeping it open?

Like she said, to enjoy the only use of the DS' 3D function..:\

That would be much pf a disappointment to me, seeing as the torn world is really cool, though I haven't been there yet. But, I think it does, in fact, disappears for good(IN MY OPINION), because after doing everything at the summit of Mt. Coronet to get to the Torn World, you can goto the summit again, to find and catch, Dialga and Palkia at level 70. Though little, the rest of the Torn World at Turnback Cave, will be the last of our enjoyment of the Torn World sadly..:(

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Well there are only two reason to go in there.

1. Giratina
    2. Platinum Orb

After that there would be little reason to go back other than seer enjoyment of 3-D-ness

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't think you are allowed to leave the torn world before encountering giratina.

Years
  • How about if someone loses a battle to either Cyrus or Giratina? Would a person wind up back at a Pokemon Center? They'd get to revisit then, right?

Or perhaps we'd get treated to a short cinema of the world being destroyed?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure you either have to defeat or capture in order for the whole, "end of the world" scenario to cease. Thinking back to Diamond and Pearl, one had to go up to Mt. Coronet, defeat or capture Dialga/Palkia, and follow through the rest of that whole scenario before the rest of the game could progress. Yes, one could lose to Cyrus or Giratina and be sent back to the Pokécenter, but I'm sure you would still have to hike back up to the summit of Mt. Coronet and proceed to battle them again.

Truthfully, I was hoping they would leave the Torn World open for us to have fun in as well. It's an awesome little dimension where the physics usually found in the game doesn't apply. Who wouldn't enjoy playing around?
    Oh well, I will just be sure to enjoy the time I have there.

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    The Torn World does not disappear. I returned today to check, and even though I caught Giratina, and have the Platinum Orb, I still got in. Still, in order to, you need to go through Turnback Cave and take the portal at the end.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • The Torn World does not disappear. I returned today to check, and even though I caught Giratina, and have the Platinum Orb, I still got in. Still, in order to, you need to go through Turnback Cave and take the portal at the end.

Than I wonder what Joe is blabbing on about? How long has it been since you caught Gartina and recieved the Platinum Orb?

If so...are you allowed to go back in via Coronet summit or Turnback Cave? Or both.

:16:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back