• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Torn World disappears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    There is one thing that I know about the Torn World, the Torn World only closes up at the Spear Pillar after you have defeated the Elite Four.
    Which means that Cynthia who blocked the entrance to Turnback Cave, she no longer blocks the entrance after you defeat the Elite Four.
    So that is the only way you'll get to the Torn World after the Elite Four is by going through Turnback Cave.
    And you can always go back to the Torn World from Turnback Cave, and it won't ever disappear in Turnback Cave, it will only disappear at Spear Pillar.

Cyrus Lv.X

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Years
    I think that the Portal is always in the last room, no matter how many rooms you went through, and the Torn World where the Platinum Orb is seems to be made out of parts from the Spear Pillar Torn World, because the place you get the Platinum Orb is at the place you fight Cyrus and Capture Giratina.

Has anyone noticed the little lights that fly by in the begining of the battle with Cyrus? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    if you guys are still pondering here's the breakdown:

-you go up to mt. coronet to stop evil team
    -you get sent to the torn world
    -you fight giratina (which btw is very hard to catch, make sure you bring heckload of duskballs and prepare to softrestart like mad)
    -torn world closes up
    -after you beat the E4 you can go back to the torn world by the means of turnback cave as much as you wish.

Cyrus Lv.X

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Years
    I think that the Portal is always in the last room, no matter how many rooms you went through. The Torn World where the Platinum Orb is seems to be made out of parts from the Spear Pillar Torn World, because the place you get the Platinum Orb is at the place you fight Cyrus and Capture Giratina.

Has anyone noticed the little lights that fly by in the begining of the battle with Cyrus? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    As I said up, has anyone noticed these things in the Torn World?

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    It does seem fair that it closes up, because there is no use to even be there, after you capture Giratina anyways, but it is also pretty cool that it opens back after you defeat the Elite four, for exploring too.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    My question is still not answered.

I know that the small area with the platinum orb remains indefinitely accessible, but can you access the large part with the upside-down waterfall, strength puzzles, etc. after leaving it?

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    Or perhaps we'd get treated to a short cinema of the world being destroyed?

That would be so cool...

You always wonder why in the games, they never have a movie of the world being destroyed if you lose to someone. I think that would be awesome, seeing the world destroyed...and then like Cressalia or someone comes down and tells you that they've managed to reverse time or something, and you can face the people again...

*sighs* How neat would that be? *loves extinction-level events and watching them take place, though sad T-T*

I haven't been to the Torn World yet but I imagine it would be awesome. Walking on water and stuff. You should be able to go back in...it would be stupid if you couldn't.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    The main point of this thread was the answer to this question:

can you access the large part with the upside-down waterfall, strength puzzles, etc. after leaving it?

will someone please confirm this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Sorry for the bump, but this has to do with the topic at hand.

Yes, the spot where the platinum orb is located is the same area as where you would battle and quell Giratina, however, you cannot get back up due to the elevator (the stone square) not being there, because its located above the area you are currently in. I thought I could get up with Action Replay, so I turned Walk through Walls on. The whole Torn World is walkable, meaning you can just go for infinity, and not see anything. Because everything is above you. No elevator means that we cant get back up to the beginning, even with Action Replay.

The question I am asking here, is this particular quote:

Instead of taking a straight path, you'll do a lot of platform pushing and phantom flashing. In other words, it takes longer.

How would one Platform Push, and Phantom Flash?

Once again, I am sorry for the bump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back