• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Torrent slowness

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Hello all. Torrent downloads are very slow for me. I don't know why either, can anybody help?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Hello all. Torrent downloads are very slow for me. I don't know why either, can anybody help?

Depending on what Torrent Program you use, you can configure the settings to make it run faster.

There is no computer on Earth that can download Torrents extremely fast, since the majority of the problem is the server that you are downloading from.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Hello all. Torrent downloads are very slow for me. I don't know why either, can anybody help?

You can't simply say all torrents are slow, it depends how much seeders and how much leechers there are.

Seeders are people who completed their download and is contributing pieces of the download to leechers. The more seeders their are the faster the download.

Leechers are people who are still downloading, the less leechers the faster your download will be.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I have a question about the Seeders and Leechers since we're on the topic.

Why does it show that there's so many Seeders in the parentheses, but out of them there's a zero. Does that mean the people aren't on? (I'm trying to download Hayate no Gotoku! and there's like 160 seeders that aren't doing anything).

I know what they do, that's not the question, I just hope that's on topic XD;

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I have a question about the Seeders and Leechers since we're on the topic.

Why does it show that there's so many Seeders in the parentheses, but out of them there's a zero. Does that mean the people aren't on? (I'm trying to download Hayate no Gotoku! and there's like 160 seeders that aren't doing anything).

Maybe it's a problem on your part.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    The total seeders vs the seeders you're able to download from are up to two different criteria:

Weather or not you're connectable - IE, have you set up port-forwarding correctly?
    and
    Your Torrent "Karma" level. Basically, if you set your upload speed too slow, you'll get a lower "Karma" level, and thusly you're entitled to connect to fewer seeds; sometimes 0.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • First of all, it depends on how many Seeders and Leechers the torrent has. The Number of seeders must be larger than the number of leechers for you to get a decent speed.

Second, you need to do something called "Port forwarding". Meaning you have to open a port that the torrent application can use. I have no idea how to do this though.

@Heatran
    I've heard of people getting 1Mb/s on torrents so once you port forward it should work perfectly.

Right now I get an average of 15-20kb/s on torrents when I normally get around 60kb/s on normal downloads. Oh well..

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Find your torrent program of choice on this page:

https://www.portforward.com/cports.htm

On the next page find your DSL/cable router. If you can't find the exact model of your router, just pick another one from the same brand.

Then follow the instructions to set-up port forwarding.

What program do you use out of curiosity?

Years
  • Hello all. Torrent downloads are very slow for me. I don't know why either, can anybody help?

There is no real magical way to make the dl speed increase, just set up everything correctly & fincd a well seeded torrent and pray for the best.

I recommend you use uTorrent, I've been using it a long time and love it.

Enjoy your MPAA/RIAA v&, Halite all the way :)

Zet

Years
  • I have a question about the Seeders and Leechers since we're on the topic.

most likely a dead torrent

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    It can depend on how new or old the torrent is… If its freshly out it will be slow…usually because only one seeder and like thousands of leechers. Same if it's way old… lol.
    Also if your firewalls are on you will usually get a slow speed.
    Also Chikara you are n a different server from the others… this could be because they think that you do not share what you download… and delete the torrent as soon as you finished downloading… like the karma thing sawaa was saying.

Back