• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
kk, i started to test this hack of a hack and there's one minor nitpic and one imho pretty major.

1: Changing back Renko into Gary. It realy does not make any sense to have him here when the natural counterpart to our player's character is Renko. Right now Maribel looks completely out of place, perhaps think about changing player's character to Red, or bringing back Renko.

2: The major one. I don't know if it was in original TPPE, but having female-only puppets literaly killed breeding system. Especialy is we consider the fact that there's no gender in Touhoumon 1.8 - Symbols were changed into Ying/Yang halves and Hemo just was calling them "Personalities".

I can understand the first one, and I'll admit that if I don't follow up with something else it will be kind of awkward overall, but as soon as I can figure out how to edit battle music in Emerald, Renko will have her own thing. I just don't want them both in both games, because then there's a bit of a 'how the hell did they do that' in my mind.

And two, I believe it was that way in the original TPPE. I changed nothing on that front.

The version of Touhou Puppet Play 1.8 Enhanced that I last looked at (v 1.11) had 50/50 gender ratios for most puppets, but your patch seems to set most puppets to 87% female (~1/6 male). What version of TPPE are you using?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I'll completely admit that I probably did change it. I don't remember doing so, but I wouldn't be surprised. This one is also v1.11, so I'd have to have done so.

Edit (8/13/2016 10:50 AM): Unlike before, I was finally able to test it. With the exception of one thing that I can't find the script for (the event for Bill sending you off after returning to Cinnabar), the event should be fixed.

... If someone knows about the 'invisible' map scripts on Cinnabar Island, please PM them to me. Bill's event is a pain to edit.

Last edited:
Years
I feel the need to correct a previous post I made here. I've found an emulator that supports the ROM and has a reliable link function.

mGBA is the name. Give it a look.

This means the trade evos could probably be reimplemented, but I don't know if Zeta'd be very keen on it.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
The version of Touhou Puppet Play 1.8 Enhanced that I last looked at (v 1.11) had 50/50 gender ratios for most puppets, but your patch seems to set most puppets to 87% female (~1/6 male). What version of TPPE are you using?

If I may correct you, I think the gender ratio is because most Touhoumon are females in the first place.

Which is also something they should have implemented with Moemon by making the gender ratio mostly female and once in a great miracle a male.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
I feel the need to correct a previous post I made here. I've found an emulator that supports the ROM and has a reliable link function.

mGBA is the name. Give it a look.

This means the trade evos could probably be reimplemented, but I don't know if Zeta'd be very keen on it.

Touhoumon works just fine with VBA, and besides mGBA has too many programming errors to begin with.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 27, 2018
About the bug at the end of the small Island plot, It wasn't quite fixed yet. Instead of appearing on top of the cinnabar volcano, I ended up being teleported to a black void, unable to dig, fly, or teleport my way out.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 27, 2018
About the bug at the end of the small Island plot, It wasn't quite fixed yet. Instead of appearing on top of the cinnabar volcano, I ended up being teleported to a black void, unable to dig, fly, or teleport my way out.
If anyone has had the same issue, please tell me how to fix it. (PS: Sorry for double-posting).

Zeta Sukuna

Years
It should be fixed in the most recent version. Should is the key word. If it isn't, could you pass me your save file, so I can have a better way to test?

Either way, I am uploading a new version.

The Blue encounter at the Boneka Tower and the Giovanni encounter in the Rocket Hideout have been changed to be a bit easier.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Strange, the warp works for me. I mean, I have inviso-Bill, but the warp seems fine.

Try downloading the newest patch. It SHOULD be up to date.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 27, 2018
Hello, I have one (I think it should be the last >.< ) more error on my savefile. Just as I'm about to battle Gary/Renko, another black screen takes over and freezes the ROM.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
If you're talking on Route 22 for the second time, then I'm not seeing it. I played up to that point on your file, and it's not giving me any problems.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Funny thing, I spent about an hour seeing if it was something with the script that made it crash, because that is my natural assumption. After seeing there should be nothing wrong with the script, I just played through on my file and it was fine. But yours wasn't.

Turns out the problem was that the rival's AReimu had an IV stat of 255, which has no value anymore, which makes the game crash. I fixed this, and gave her the proper IV stat that she should have.

So, if you chose a Reisen as your starter, or eventually plan to do so, download the newest patch. The other two starters are fine, however.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 27, 2018
Thanks a lot, you have no idea how much I'm laughing right now XD. Welp, guess I do regret not picking Sanae now!

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Don't worry, everyone would have had that experience eventually. I've fixed Jasmine's team. I swear I fixed her team before, but apparently I forgot to save.

Update (8/30/2016 @ 5:55 PM EDT): A new version has been uploaded. I've fixed some music bugs, and you will be able to see Bill after being returned to Cinnabar Island. Hopefully I didn't break anything this time, but knowing my track record, I very well may have.

Update (8/30/2016 @ 9:55 PM EDT): Another new version has been uploaded. The final Ariana fight was using the wrong team, and could crash the game completely. She is now using the proper team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Is there any problem with Lorelei? I cannot rematch Elite 4 even after the Sevill event.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
The rematch is unlocked much later in the game. You're supposed to head to Johto first. If it still doesn't open when the game says it opens, then that's when we have a problem.

Also, due to me liking the idea from Polished Crystal and Liquid Crystal, I may try to introduce a more open ocean in Johto as well. Due to my chronic laziness, this update might take a while, but it's something, I suppose.

Let's hope I don't end up breaking something else in some ridiculously simple, yet utterly stupid way again.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
A little (extremely) late to this, but I'm glad to see you post some of your stuff Zeta. I'll be sure to play this when I get the chance to and give some feedback man.

Back