• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    This is awesome, Sukuna! Whenever I get back to this game, I'll remember to thank you and your team for all the hard work. It's not like many devs to still be updating an old project for this long, and we all appreciate it greatly.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Hi there. I bet you've been wondering: "Hey, he said late 2020, early 2021, right? So where's my touhoumon update?"

Well, about that. I'm an MMO junkie and three whole MMOs had major patch updates. One of which even had an expansion. That's where a lot of my time's been taken up by.

But fear not, I come to you with... at least some kind of update. Thanks to help from AGSMG from discord and Neotornado, who is effectively the co-hacker for this anyway, I've managed to (mostly) integrate mons into the game. They don't have pokedex entries, but everything else from their cries to movepools and all of that are in.

And here they are:
    Spoiler:

Do I have a new date estimation for you all? Not really. I'd say vaguely first half of 2021. And honestly, me taking it slow has resulted in me adding more overall, so you gotta give that to me, at least. The new puppets wouldn't be in here at all if I didn't meander about.

Last edited:

Bossu

Bird Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    Hi!
    Just wanted to say firstly I'm a fan of the things you've added into the hack with some of the extra 2hus and adjustments here and there.
    I've run into a slight hiccup during my playthrough (And possibly caused by patching to a newer version of the hack?)
    Spoiler:

Is there some sort of fix for this (either giving the save file or adding the flags in myself) or am I fully stuck now?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Hi!
    Just wanted to say firstly I'm a fan of the things you've added into the hack with some of the extra 2hus and adjustments here and there.
    I've run into a slight hiccup during my playthrough (And possibly caused by patching to a newer version of the hack?)
    Spoiler:

Is there some sort of fix for this (either giving the save file or adding the flags in myself) or am I fully stuck now?

Did you beat Giovanni in the Cinnabar Volcano? And I'll take a look at the Ilex Forest event as well, don't need that being broken by next version.

Also, while I'm done with the game content-wise for this update, it's actually getting tested a bit by my SO, so it'll take a little bit for it to come out.

Bossu

Bird Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    Yep! Beat up Giovanni too. All 16 done. But when I go back to Pallet, I'm still only asked about my artbook progress.

EDIT: I should also add that I started on v4.5 before using the latest version before accessing Johto for the first time if that helps. (Only figuring this out now rummaging through my downloads)

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Hmm. I can access Isami with my current build, at least. I shouldn't have touched her event for 6.5.

And I just tested Oak, and he should be able to be fought with only 15/16 gym leaders and Giovanni apparently doesn't have anything to do with it (Which, honestly, I might not actually change), and I know I didn't touch that specific Oak event in a while either.

Okay, now that I read your first comment again, did you patch the later version onto the earlier version or did you transfer your save from version to version? Cause it makes it sound like you patched over 4.5 with 6.01.

Also, has anyone else had problems with 6.01 on this front?

Last edited:

Bossu

Bird Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    I transferred save version to version. I made sure to patch a clean rom every time I upgraded too.

EDIT: Nothing else seemed to have issues with my transferring except for those two issues(Unless silver beans isn't supposed to be a mach bike..?)

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Fair enough. Then that should be right. That functionality is not disabled, and has apparently never been.

Yeah, I really don't know what to tell you. I'm legitimately sorry.

Bossu

Bird Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    Ahh. So is there nothing I can do to salvage it? (No flag I can set correctly in a save editor to make him challengeable?)

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Not to fight him specifically, unfortunately. I don't know if it works with variables, and that's what this is ruled by rather than a flag.

Bossu

Bird Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    OH MY GOD.
    SO, it turned out I was missing Misty's rematch (Which I was 100% sure I had done already.)
    Just did it there and the fight's occurring as intended
    I feel so stupid scrolling through map files and scripts to solve this ahahaha

Cinfest

LUNATIC
    Years
  • Hello, it's the dex person. Just a much delayed update to say I've kind of stalled out on the location data stuff. Basically I need to beat the E4 so I can see the maps properly and make sure I'm getting all the locations right, and that's kind of a drag because I'm not actually good at pokemon... Obviously I can grind to get around that, but I'm disinclined to do that when I know I'm going to start a new file when the update comes out so I can play as Renko.

So, what does this all mean? I think any data for Sevii 5, 6, 7 and Johto just isn't going to happen until the update drops, unless there's a lot of demand for it. If you want it, ask, and I'll see what I can get without in-game location verification, although I won't like it much, and I'll redo it properly in the future. Also I will recheck everything I can after the update.

Thank you to everyone who has used the dex previously. I hope it will continue to be of use in the future.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • I apologize for taking the original post down in the way that I did, but believe me, I did have a reason for it, and now that I've taken care of it, it should be good to go again. However, as I said in the deletion message earlier, I was going to re-post it. Well, here's that repost.

For real, this time. 6.5.1 is out once more

6.5 had a rather major bug in it. If someone were to come across a FestiveShard while playing on a mGBA, then their game would have crashed.

This update has taken quite a while, I know that to be true. And while it still isn't perfect, I'd like to say that this is one of the better versions of it, at least.

To see what has changed, click on this:
    https://pastebin.com/WirERPn1

Most of the update's information is in here, but likely not all. I've done a lot in this update, so a few things might have slipped through the cracks. All proper credits have been put into the first post.

When I was originally designing this update, this was going to be a rather small update all in all, but then I added more. From the new areas to the christmas touhous. All in all, I think this might be about as big as the 6.0 update.

I'd like to thank all of you for supporting this rom hack. Please, I hope you enjoy this. I really do. I put a lot of myself into it.

Download here:
    https://mega.nz/file/zt4mUSrJ#o-szEejUZsn7tJSj80hHeQ0hwrA56yNUDcwhSXz8SY8

Where am I going from here? Well, bug fixes, and I might add a thing or two here and there if I feel the itch, but honestly I'm doubtful this'll be getting too many more updates beyond bug fixes, or possibly a rebalance in the future if I feel the need for it. It's just way too full as it is now, truth be told.

Other than that, I think content wise I might be satisfied for the moment. If I do something else, it'll likely be something new. What that thing is, though? I don't know. It could be a new touhoumon rom hack, it could be a RPG Maker project, but I do want to do something after this, that much is true.

I'm sorry for going on and on like this, but I have things I wanna get out that I just plain didn't when I initially typed this out. All in all, have fun with this update. Have fun with this hack, cause I know I had a lot of fun making it, and I hope to one day make something else in the future as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2021
    Thanks For The Rom Hack And Also The Effort Of Updating It Up To This Point. Goodluck On Your Next Update/Fix & Project. <3

Cinfest

LUNATIC
    Years
  • Stats and move lists have been added to the doc for all the new puppets. Location data is going to be rechecked SoonTM and... eventually... completed.

Thank you Zeta for your continued work on this hack, and thank you everybody else for supporting both the hack and my mad personal project.

Update: Sevii Islands are (nearly) done, but the room links for one location are a bit confused in Advance Map, so I'll have to see that in person to work it out. Johto is still pending, of course.

Last edited:

Bossu

Bird Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    I managed to complete the game just before 6.5 came out sadly but I wanted to say thanks again for the work you put into maintaining and updating this hack.

Back