• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Trade-Ins

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so I hope I got it right. Did anyone here trade in a game to get Black/White? I traded in my HeartGold at hmv and got White for £7 instead of £30. I sorta regret this, but not totally, but what did you trade in, if anything?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Trading in a game at any store is a ripoff

You could've sold it yourself probably for £25

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I don't think I've ever traded anything in and I don't plan to in the future, really. :x

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I traded in 6 PSP Games for £35 to get White! :c Regret it now tbh, since when I got home my Aunt was like hey have £30.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    It really isn't worth it when you consider how much time you have put into the game. You could sell your games on eBay or Amazon for much more. Alternatively, you could just look for good deals. I got Black for only $25 through a pre-order special on Amazon.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I never considered trading anything in, partially because I'd probably get a mere fraction of the game's actual price value back.

I just bought White with my own money. That $35 was wisely spent.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    I traded in like 10 games once, to buy Pokemon Emerald...NEVER AGAIN. Like people before me who posted..Its a HUGE ripoff. Considering how you COULD sell it on Ebay or whatnot...Id just keep the games though and just try to make money. Though If I was truly desperate, I would probably trade in games for White or Black XD.

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    Honestly I was thinking about doing so, but then I caught a break and had my sister by it. In retrospect, I don't think it was a game worth trading in other games. It's still a good game though, just not worth trade-ins. IMO.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I traded in my first DS after I got my second one. Got 70 bucks for it flat. They didn't even consider the condition that it was in as long as it worked, had a stylus and a charger. :/ Should've got extra because I took such good care of it. Oh well.

In any case, I don't tend to trade in games. My money-saving strategy in that department is to buy pre-owned games where possible. :3

I traded in like four PS2 games for $16 once, though. :/ I had more to trade, but they were PC games and for some reason EB wouldn't take them.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    HMV (not counting web-only stuff like ebay, amazon or play.com)is the best place to sell games. I got extra for trading in my dsi xl for the 3ds.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I didn't trade anything in nor will I in the future...
    I usually have to earn my money, usually from tutoring.

Back