• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade+Item

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think I may have just stumbled upon a horrible truth.

When pokémon are traded with an item and then they evolve, is it like some terrible malfunction with the trading machine?

The item is used up in the trade, and is generally a 'normal' item. Razor claw is a sharp claw, metal coat is just a bit lump of steel by the looks of it, etc.

So when you put your Onix (metal coat) through a trading machine, perhaps the machine is welding them together?

Oh sweet Arceus.

IT's too late.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wah! That is so true, haha. I don't remember what the PokéSpe manga used to explain trade evolution as... But it sure wasn't this. I think it was more like "they need the change of environment and leadership yada" something, in order to get the urge to evolve. But this makes more sense O.o

Kings rock and Poliwhirl though? Politoed isn't really... rocky. Or kingy.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Lets not let our imagination run rampert with something this trivial.
    Its just a ploy to stop you guys from evolving every onix that comes out of rock tunnel. Relax people.

King Of Pokemon

Pokemon King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    I would hardly call it a "Horrific accident, I mean, if i were an onix, it would be awesome to become a steelix. Also, that doesn't really work for items like the electrizer, and porygon and the Up-Grade.

Back