• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Trading Is Cheating? (Firered and Leafgreen)

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    As some of you know, you can trade pokemon in FR/LG. Of course you need cut to get to the 3rd gym. But if you trade over a pokemon with cut you can skip the whole S.S. Anne! Because after beating Misty you can use cut.

You can also trade over a pokemon with flash since you need to go through Diglett's Cave to get flash. But you can skip that and trade over a pokemon with flash and get through Rock Tunnel without finding that house after Diglett's Cave.

So, is trading basically like cheating in Firered and Leafgreen's main story?

I personally like the S.S Anne because I like to slightly over level my pokemon by at least five, maybe ten, so I like the training and will battle all I can. Also once in my original blue I got through dark cave completely unaided by flash because I personally find it to be a useless move and refuse to learn it and waste an un-erasable space. It's really not too difficult.

I believe skipping these areas is lazy because they aren't burdens, it is not that difficult or time consuming. And who wants to finish so quickly, isn't the journey the main point and fun of the game? Sorry no offense meant to anyone who does it, it's your choice, that's just my opinion.
    And as already stated it's not cheating as no gameshark or glitches are being used in this which define cheating.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2022
    To summarise. No its not cheating. No hax or codes were used. You merely utilized the functions of the game. It affects nobody in the universe but yourself. You just skip the s.s. Anne. I personally do all i can level up so i dont skip but ofcourse its all ur choice

Reflux

Reflux
    Years
  • Lmao, It would just confuse the Fudge out of me, d: I beat Pkmn Red without ever getting fly until after i beat the elite 4 >_>, my friend had to tell me where it was, (past the snorlax on Biker road d: )

Desman3000

Years
  • In the first two games (Red and Blue) I really wanted to get past my brother so I traded like CRAZY... But in yellow I deliberately sat down for 99.5 hours and caught all 151 pokemon (mew, however was traded... :))

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
  • I used to wonder endlessly through Rock Tunnel, and i got out eventually. Its not really cheating, but i dislike using traded pokemon, it feels weird using a pokemon that doesnt have my name on the OT

Back