• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading not working

Years
  • Hello, I have a problem with ingame Trading.

Everything looks fine, but after the Trading I have still my old Pokémon and not the new one.

Trading not working

Thx for help

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I believe this was an old bug that was fixed...
    Maruno said:
    I'm amazed I actually did that. I accidentally deleted a line (highlighted below) which needs to be added back into def pbStartTrade in script section PokemonTrading.
    Code:
      pbSeenForm(yourPokemon)
      pbFadeOutInWithMusic(99999){
        evo=PokemonTradeScene.new
        evo.pbStartScreen(myPokemon,yourPokemon,$Trainer.name,opponent.name)
        evo.pbTrade
        evo.pbEndScreen
      }
      [COLOR="Red"]$Trainer.party[pokemonIndex]=yourPokemon[/COLOR]
    end
    That red line was missing... But that was way back in v11... I can't imagine you're using that version... At least I hope not anyway.

Maybe that's your problem anyway.

Years
  • Thank you, this fixed my problem.
    Yes I am using v11, because I made a lot of changes in the scripts and an update would throw me back :/

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    That's quite alright lol... Quick and easy fix I suppose, at least it was nothing you did.

I suggest you upgrade... Because things have changed dramatically and if we are to help you further, we'd need to drop back a few versions to do so, it was just by luck I remembered your problem was solved... I'd copy all your scripts to v13 or when Maruno gets around to it, v14... I wouldn't stay where you are anyway, there are new scripts around which aren't compatible with versions before v13 and there are new moves being created which rely on other variables which were created in v12 and v13.

Yes it's long winded to upgrade, but it's worth it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Upgrading isn't really that bad if you follow the guide and make sure you clearly mark all changes you've made to the scripts yourself.

Back