• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Trainer battle can't lose...

Years
  • So I'm scripting a trainer battle and I want stuff to happen after the battle, whether you win or lose. Pretty much just like the original rival battle in OAK's lab, but without OAK's explanation of how a battle works.

trainerbattle 0x9 0x### 0x3 @win @lose
    Does what I want afterwards, but does the OAK text first

trainerbattle 0x9 0x### 0x0 @win @lose
    Teleports you to a pokemon center immediately so the rest of the script
    doesn't get reached

How can I work with this?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hmm alright, noob question, how would I do that?

Well, PokemonValor, to do what Oloolooloo! posted earlier, you'll need a hex editor. If you don't have one, I suggest HxD, it's free.
    Anyway, you go over to the offset of 080484, and there will be a string of bytes like this:
    Code:
    20 68 10 21 08 43 20 60
    You just change that to:
    Code:
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Happy Hacking.

Years
  • Perfect, just what I wanted. Thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, if for some reason I wanted to, would there be any way to keep the OAK part for one type of battle, then also have what I just changed it to as another type?

Back