• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen trainer outfits?

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
    What, in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl? You can only choose between a boy or a girl, and they're wearing the default Player outfits and there's no way to change them. The only chance you get to change your appearance is when you go that competition shizzle in Hearthome City and when you're in a Wireless communication with another person.

EDIT. Correct me if there's more.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    thanks for the quick response, hopefully there's something... but unlikely i guess huh?
    anyway, thanks again

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    Yeah it's a shame that it ain't possible. At least we can recommend Nintendo to include clothe shops in the games so that your character can have a customizable look.

justin

Justin
    Years
    that would be alot cooler but why would nintendo change if they dont have to they proved that point with diamond and pear

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Hopefully they got the message with PBR and future portable RPGs will have some level of customization.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    This is what Miis are for, I think. OK. They may look cartoonish, but the game can load the Mii's data and render it in a way it fits each game. Of course, this would be for the next generation.

Whats a "Mii"?

And as far as trainer clothes go, the female one for D/P isn't too bad...however, the guy's clothes, like all games before, sucks.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Whats a "Mii"?

And as far as trainer clothes go, the female one for D/P isn't too bad...however, the guy's clothes, like all games before, sucks.
    A Mii is a character for Wii games like Wii Sports. You can edit their faces, hair, etc. They look really cartoonish, but I think they could be used in more real games by just loading the data and render it differently. However, it's not used in more real games.

Years
    In answer to DarkArcz's question, a "Mii," is a player's avatar on the Nintendo Wii. Several games use them in one way or another.

So, anyways...

I like the clothes shop idea WAAAAY more than the using Miis idea. I thought of an idea like that about a year ago. That would be so great. Of course, a customisable sprite may cause a longer loading time in communications to load the image when playing multiplayer games.

And I agree. Why must every male trainer sprite look completely idiotic?!

Murky

Underworld dweller
    Years
    I too would love the option of changing my characters clothing!
    I especially think the D/P male outfits look kinda stupid ^^
    I want to look sinister, like a hooded thug hehe.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    The overworld sprites look okay for me. Although more customization would never hurt.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Realistically speaking, the female character is not wearing enough to combat the cold.

Why am I bringing in real life situations in a game where even the simplest of physics doesn't exist? No one knows.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I know the outfits are so tardish adn stupid wish I could look like Lance or something

Realistically you can't survive in a snowstorm with that out fit, or even see in caves or breath that high on mountains. ALso, in RSA, what is up with Diving? How do you breathe???

Last edited:
    Back