• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Personality Examination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    Sorry if I'm kinda jumping the gun, but I posted about three days ago and the people after me on the last page haven't had their teams been made either, so wouldn't it make more sense to do it starting from where it was left off instead of skipping 3 or 4 people altogether?

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • Was that directed towards me? Well, I don't need to do all of them, but I could try. I wold like mine for Crystal to be done though. I'll do yours,

Pokemon
    Hidden Hero​
    You are the last person anyone would expect to be the hero. You are quiet and you hide in the shadows. However, when it needs to be, you will strike out and bring out all you got. You focus on stealth and avoiding public. You'd rather attack from a distance than get too physical

Shifty
    From when it was a Seedot it stayed hidden. Its harder to find, but once you have found it, you got it. It is a worthy catch as it will be able to unleash powerful attacks.
    Challenge - While in its Nuzleaf form, you are not allowed to use any TMs/Hms on it (This does not apply to Seedot or Shiftry)
    Swellow
    This is your scout, he/she will be able to outspeed anything (Speed boosting nature) and should be powerful (Nature can't lower atk stat)
    Challenge -If the Pokemon gets under a status condition, you may not fight with it (not including sleep). You have one turn to heal it; no full restores.
    Aggron
    This thing takes all the hits for you. It acts as a sheild. Almost nothing gets through him, and he can take on anything.
    Challange - STAB (rock/steel) type attacks are allowed, but if you have the ability to trade them in with something else, via TM or HM; you need to do so. Moves like Brick Break and Earthquake are reccomended.

Goal
    The Goal is to beat the game as quickly as possible. Don't worry about side quests, and doing extra things. Just focus on one target, and not many. Your only allowed to go to "new" areas for TMs/HMs. Always take the quick route
    Bonus - Keep everything one stage or two stages below there final form (Larrion, Nuzleaf, Swellow) or (Aron, Seedot, Tailow)

Your HM slave options are Zigzagoon, Maril, Tailow, Torchic, and Nincada. Keep them below lv10

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Allright, I would like one for Crystal from someone/anyone if its not to hard to ask. Thank you for responding. Also eevee has no electric moves on it to use :x Not until it evolves

EDIT
    ^I'll write you one :3 Just give me a minute.

Spoiler:

Here you go :3 This is the first one I did this, so hopefully its challenging, and appealing? I would of put Seal or Slowbro in there, but they come really late in the game O-O''
    Thx! This looks like a really fun challenge I'm looking forward to trying it out :). And now, I have constructed a crystal team for you. I hope it is fine with Delcatty that i used some elements from the original one she made you. Also, i apoligize to those who have been waiting quite a long time but I feel like I owe TwiDragon.

The Intelligent Designer
    You are one of the greatest designers around. You know exactly what you need and you put others to shame. This goes for your pokemon too. You construct your team exactly to how you want it, making it the perfect team for you.​

Team:
    Gengar :
    Gengar is the leader, he calls all the shots and takes all the credit. He is your favorite pokemon. You love everything about him, except that he is part poison. You try to hide this by only allowing him to use ghost moves.
    Smeargle :
    Smeargle is a divine artist that can make anything into a masterpiece. This Pokemon is your assistant. You caught it knowing it is a great artist, but sadly it is your weakest pokemon. Therefore it may never be in the front of your party.
    Hypno :
    Hypno is not as intelligent as say, Alakazam, but he is definitley intelligent. He is the brains of your team. His hardwork is greatly overshadowed by your love of your Gengar. Due to that, he doesn't recieve any items besides TMs/HMs.

Challenge:
    You are an excellent designer and all, but as intelligent as you are, sometimes you cannot find any inspiration. As inspiration, you catch a different pokemon in each new area your in.

Hope this is ok, it's my first one :)

Years
  • A) USERNAME: Frostbite
    B) WHICH GAME: Gold (Emulator)
    C) GENDER: Female

Spoiler:

TwiDragon

Years
  • @raw - I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think I could do that. Smeargle seems like a very large challenge, and I can't even go as far and get a Gengar. Your write up was like Delcatty's, very close. However, I don't think I'm getting my "personality test" when I'm getting an "intelligent designer" out of it. I myself don't see that way at least. I'll mod it a bit and see if something else comes out of it. I'm sorry for sounding a bit, err greedy; but I guess I say. Although, if nothing else pops up I will take the challenge as you did put time into it (don't want to ignore it) I'll save it ;)
    Thank you thoguh ^-^''
    If anyone would like to do another go at it
    Spoiler:

@Frostbite, I'll do yours here in a second, I'll edit it into this post

The Red Wolf
    You follow the path of the lone wolf the left the group. You only fight for yourself, and you fight to win. You don't care what gets in your way, you just want to get to it; even if you have to crush everything down.
    Arcanine
    This Pokemon is the heart and soul to the team. It represents the other two members. This Pokemon will be in charge of what levels the other two are at. It will always be one level ahead.
    Challange - You must use the fire stone at lv50, but you can only have Extreamspeed or Flamethrower. It also has to be the highest level at all times. By no more than 5 levels ahead.
    Yanma
    This Pokemon is fast, swift, and at times Powerful. It focuses more taking out the Pokemon with tactics rather than pure attacks
    Challenge - You must give this Pokemon a move that can confuse other Pokemon (or attract). This Pokemon must confuse all Pokemon it faces in "major" fights
    Xatu
    It predicts the future, it says your future is victory. As long as its alive, your ready to go
    Challenge - He isn't allowed to die, if he dies, you have to go find another one. He also needs to learn the move Future Sight

Overall Challenge
    Get this Team to Mt.Silver. You will face Red, but you must have a legendary in your party. (The team rules with still apply)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    @raw - I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think I could do that. Smeargle seems like a very large challenge, and I can't even go as far and get a Gengar. Your write up was like Delcatty's, very close. However, I don't think I'm getting my "personality test" when I'm getting an "intelligent designer" out of it. I myself don't see that way at least. I'll mod it a bit and see if something else comes out of it. I'm sorry for sounding a bit, err greedy; but I guess I say. Although, if nothing else pops up I will take the challenge as you did put time into it (don't want to ignore it) I'll save it ;)

@Frostbite, I'll do yours here in a second, I'll edit it into this post

No, it's alright i figured you wouldnt want to do mine anyway cuz I knew it wasn't that good. I juts felt you deserved one for all the other ones you've done. I was originally just going to modify Delcatty's pokemon for you so it'd work for crystal but thought i should be more original instead of taking someone else's work. If it is any help to you, my backup plan for Gengar was for you to keep it a Haunter instead of only giving it ghost moves.

TwiDragon

Years
  • Well yeah, I really can't get Gengar in, unless I cheat :x
    Yeah, its just that Smeargle is next to Magikarp in running a game. I had one at lv100 with false swipe for legendary catching and it barley did anything on lv40regis.

Also, frostbite; I posted it :)

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    ^I'll do yours :3
    ^^I'll get yours next, but I kind of owe her :P

The Shy Artist
    You like to be unique, you prefer to be smart, but with an artistic flavor. You want Pokemon to be strong and defensive. You play your game right, and you like it. However, you are a bit nervous to really show it, so it doesn't allow you to go into full potential.
    Pokemon
    Haunter
    Not so much a shy Pokemon, but a very fun one. It is mischievous and likes to goof around. It shows off its true perfomence whenever it needs too in battle.
    Challenge - Give this Pokemon an attack that attracts the other Pokemon to this one (Attract, Mean Look, Torment, Taunt, Curse, Destiny Bond, and Spite)
    Wigglytuff
    It wants to be the best at it can, but it always feels like its not doing it right. It slips up often, but it has its moments when it shines
    Challange - At least two attacks have to be taught by Move Tutors. (Mega Kick or Mega Punch, not both). You have to evolve it at lv35
    Arcanine
    This Pokemon makes you shine. It is fast, strong, and is ready to defend you. It is very loyal and will protect you, even if it has poor defenses
    Challenge - You will need to teach it either Roar, Protect, Return, Attract, or Safe Guard (If you pick Attract, it needs to be the opsiite gender of your trainer)

Goal
    The Goal in this play through will be to able to knock out as many "important" battles without the use of items. You can have held items on you, but thats it. You are allowed to use items outside of battle, but not during.
    Bonus Goal - No held items ;)

EDIT
    Still looking for a Crystal one
    Is this me???, you need to do a better job distinguishing them

TwiDragon

Years
  • Thats for Delcatty,
    I seem'd to skip over yours, sorry ^-^''

Alright, lets look here.
    The Hot Lead​
    You seem to not like the cold. You like the industrialization of things, and things to be warm. You like things to move fast, and you need to get where you need to go. Your in charge of what your doing, and you get it done right. Sometimes overworking yourself

Gyarados

He strikes fear upon others. You are able to control it though. It is a hard Pokemon to run, but you run it differently. You have it learn moves that others wouldn't expect.
    Challenge - This Pokemon needs to learn Ice Beam/Blizzard, Thunder/Thunderbolt, or Fire Blast/ Flamethrower. You can not have both! There will also be no HM moves on this Pokemon, and only attacking moves
    You must use all PP-Ups on this Pokemon as well
    Flareon
    This Pokemon gets treated as the lesser eeveeloutions. It never has been outstanding, but you make it powerful. You want to make this Pokemon shine!
    Challenge - Flamethrower/Fire Blast TM's are not allowed on this Pokemon. You must have one of these moves on its moveset - Toxic, Attract, Roar, Sand-Attack, Double Team, or Protect
    Primeape
    Another Pokemon hard to control, but you've been able to settle it down. It is able to focus a lot easier, and dish out a lot of powerful attacks
    Challange - You need to be able to have this thing as a mixed attacker. It sounds silly with the low sp.atk stat, but make it work! It needs two special attacks, and two physical attacks by the end of the run.

Goal - Your goal is to capture Mewtwo, you are allowed to status it, but it has to be with something 30 levels below Mewtwos level.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Wow TwiDragon, you've done a lovely job picking up the slack! :3
    I'm very impressed.

And on behalf of eveyone, thank you.

BTW, did mine on the last page eve get done? I don't see it anywhere. X3;

TwiDragon

Years
  • ^Just waiting on another result for my thing;

Here, I'll do yours too
    for KyYoshi

Earthly Fighter​
    You love the earth, and natural aspects of it. You seem to dislike different parts of the earth, but overall you have a taste for it.

Breloom
    Breloom is the main focus of the team. He is able to put status on targets, then knock them out quickly.
    Challenge - He must have both of his Stab at all time, and it can't have any moves with PP less than 5
    Masquerain
    It is very weak, but it is the true buety in the bug family. It may have many weaknesses, but it can still overcome them.
    Challenge - You are not allowed to evolve this Pokemon until you have beaten the fourth gym. The first gym has to be solo'd with this Pokemon, despite the weakness to rock types.
    Vigoroth
    Vigoroth is a Pokemon that doesn't have a set back unlike its final form. It is able to fight off things with ease, and it can do so hastly.
    Challenge - You must have four different attacks. You must have as much coverage as you possibly can (at least for normal damage)

Goal - The goal for you is to catch Rayquaza with this team, and no one else. Your HM Slaves have to be found before the 2nd Gym. No HM slaves with a level higher than 12

I still have my PTest wanting to be looking at
    If anyone would like to do another go at it
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey I'm going to return the favor and do yours! Yay!

Silent But Deadly

You are a dark, silent person. However you can turn a great howl of laughter , to a howl of sadness, as everyone looks up to you, for different reasons. But you slowly open up to people.

Murkrow:

Your Murkrow is a born fighter. After capture he is always first, and always holding an item, regardless of what it does. TM or HM moves are unacceptable on this eerie bird as he is wild at heart.

Larvitar.

Larvitar is a sparky little creature. He must be evolved as soon as possible and bought in the Celadon Game Corner. He must be taught at least three HM/TM moves.

Houndour.

Your Houndour is a quiet creature, always a last resort. His moves must all be fire, as it reflects his hidden personality. He must never be evolved.

Trainer Goal:

You must catch all the legendary pokemon in Crystal and raise your pokemon over lvl 50.

Good luck!!

TwiDragon

Years
  • You do realise that all of those Pokemon are very endgame? I can't use that team at all unless I hack into it to get them right from the start.

Also, the challenge for having his moves all be fire seems a bit harsh

Also, if the Pokemon is always first = I can't switch out the others = Can't train them = they never get leveled.

There is some problems I would run in with this, a lot actually;

EDIT - The only dark type that appears in Jhoto is Umbreon. Its actually one of my favorite Pokemon, just because its a dark type, but can looking cute and intimidating at the same time.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh sorry.
    I guess I got a bit carried away...
    I agree it is a bit harsh, so you may give him other typings.
    However, you may switch Murkrow for Umbreon and Larvitar for Cyndiquil.
    I hope this is acceptable, plus what I meant for first was at the start of the battle, then you may switch, but I fully understand if you do not accept this and it is completely optional.

If you don't want to , you don't have to do my challenge :) Good luck on whatever you do!

Last edited:

TwiDragon

Years
  • I feel bad for declining you again, but I don't really want that. Hondour is pretty endgame, and Cyndiquil is one I'd rather stay away from (Starters always get the advantage, and I don't want that) I respectfully decline you. :X
    Hope you understand; me and my picky ways :x

Restrictions -
    -Has to be caught before Morty (5th gym),
    - No rule where I have to keep a consistent lead.
    - Nothing with the same type. No starers
    -No team member can be an HM Slave
    Spoiler:

Also, If anyone has any unrated tests; I'll look at them :3

Years
  • Excuse me but I have a problem, Jigglypuff/wigglytuff the closest pokemon, is found at a later route after the first gym badge and I cannot hack, therefore I will not be able to complete the gym with your chosen pokemon. Is this allowed/alright?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Update #1
    • Started the game.
    • Chose Squirtle as my starter.
    • Defeated my rival.
    • Delivered Oak's Parcel
    • Caught Ralfy the Caterpie in Viridian Forest.
    • Grinding....
    • Ralfy evolved into Metapod.
    • Ralfy evolved into Butterfree.
    • Defeated my rival again.
    • Went through Viridian Forest.
    • More grinding....
    • Defeated Brock (this took MANY tries because Ralfy is 4x weak to rock :().
    Current Team

Ralfy the Butterfree ♂ Lv. 16 @ None
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Moveset: Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder, Confusion​

TwiDragon

Years
  • ^Very nice, I think the next gyms will be a lot easier on you. May need to get to the lv20s with Clefairy, but should be fun non the less :P

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back