• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Personality Examination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I feel bad for declining you again, but I don't really want that. Hondour is pretty endgame, and Cyndiquil is one I'd rather stay away from (Starters always get the advantage, and I don't want that) I respectfully decline you. :X
    Hope you understand; me and my picky ways :x

Restrictions -
    -Has to be caught before Morty (5th gym),
    - No rule where I have to keep a consistent lead.
    - Nothing with the same type. No starers
    -No team member can be an HM Slave
    Spoiler:

Also, If anyone has any unrated tests; I'll look at them :3

TwiDragon: The Haunted Castle Designer
    Instead of letting your love of darkness take over your heart, you channel said darkness into your nonviolent but still scary worlds that people love exploring. People are surprised when they realized that the place where all of their fears came alive was created by such a kindhearted gentleman.

Pokemon
    Arcanine: Intelligent, Black(Kind of), Brains, Mystical creatures, Colorful

Magneton: Electric, Metal(Play on words there), Brains, Designer(Check Pokemon Channel)

Gyarados: Confidence, Slender(Maybe), Halloween, Mythical creatures, Leader(Maybe)

Challenges

Arcanine is your best and most reliable friend. Make sure it fights in every major battle. Not necessarily lead, though.

Magneton,who lifts all the metal for the Haunted castle projects, has special powers deep inside of him. Teach Hidden Power to him and keep it on him for the whole game.

Gyarados is the main scarer of the Haunted castle. Teach him Roar and keep it on him for the rest of the game.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • @SoC, Thanks ;3 Here is yours ;3 All first gen though, my HM Slaves will be 2nd gen!

The Prankster
    You seem to be able to withstand the punishment, even if it means you get to have a little fun. No one knows who you side with.

Kricketune
    He doesn't care if its not the strongest of them all, it just wants to show off what it has.
    Challange - You must catch 6 of them and use the one with the lowest attack stat
    Snorlax
    It puts some what of a fight to find, but once you find it you relived. This Pokemon is slow, but strong. It likes to eat a lot of food
    Challenge - Always have a consumable berry as a hold item
    Probopass
    He is always mocked for being a joke Pokemon, but he doesn't care. He likes to shine in defense, and then blast a heavy blast from behind
    Challange - Make his moveset out of tms and tutors

Overall Goal - The goal of this is to be able to 1HKO at least 6 of the E4/Champions Pokemon with out using super effective hits.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • A) USERNAME: Dragonfyre173

Also, if I may, my friend would like me to submit an application for her; she doesn't have an account. It's in this spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Oh, and from the suggestions I showed her to explain the challenge, she said she'd prefer Elgyem write hers XP Sorry if it's a pain, she just really liked his description of XxTOOLxX's challenge. I'm fine with any as long as it's at least a little descriptive XD

Alright, by personal request, I'll do this one. Plus, the friend that Dragon mentioned made an account and sent me a message, so I guess it's about time I get around to this.

Game: Platinum (This is the suggested game, but it would also work with HG/SS)

The Abstract Artist
    People say that they don't understand you. Heck, you don't even understand yourself, either. You spend all day creating abstract art that you hope will make you enough money to eke out a life. You are automatically labeled "Emo" or "Goth" by others, due to your favoring of dark colors to wear and low confidence. Thus, you have an evil streak and hate almost everyone, and you can't seem to find a trainer to be inspired by. However, you strive to bring intelligence to art, and therefore you have practiced the abstract arts. Because you want to get better at your particular style of art, you have set out on a Pokemon journey to better your skills and gain inspiration.

Pokemon 1: The Inspiration

Lanturn

You have always loved water and electricity, so a combination of the two can only be better for your sophisticated tastes. You also love the beach, and this beach-dweller is sure to be a perfect Pokemon for you. It also possesses amazing lights, so amazing that they can inspire you to create art.

-Water, Electric, Beach-

Pokemon 2: The Vicious Critic

Honchkrow

A good artist always needs a critic to eliminate the bad pieces, and praise the good ones. That, and your love of the darkness, has drawn you to Honchkrow. He's a good critic, but he is very evil. He will never hold back when bashing your worst creations, but he can be impressed by great art.

-Halloween, Dark Colors, Evil- (I guess pink could be a reason as well, if you can find a shiny)

Pokemon 3: The Right-Hand Man

Gallade

As an aspiring artist, you need someone to discuss your artworks with and get feedback that isn't being shouted in your face by a critic. However, your belief that all other trainers are ignorant dolts (you stated that they are all "derpy") has left you without much human support. Therefore, you have found Gallade, an intelligent Pokemon that is human-like enough to relate to. He's the Pokemon on your team that helps you the most, and he is always willing to encourage you to make better art.

-Masculine, Mammal, Slender, Quiet, Nice, Smart-

Special Challenge

You have known your Gallade for a very long time, so you must hack it in immediately (you said you were willing to hack in Pokemon) as a Ralts. You must also hack in a Dawn Stone, and once Ralts evolves into Kirlia, you must evolve it into Gallade immediately. Also, since Gallade is your right-hand man, he must start any battle with a GYM Leader (you can switch him out immediately if you want to, though). The other Pokemon should be hacked in at their earliest forms after the 2nd and 3rd GYM badges are earned, and they can be hacked in in any order, but each must be hacked in at Lv10. A Dusk Stone may be hacked in for Murkrow's evolution. Anyways, back to the challenge. You said you were a good artist, time to prove it. After every GYM or Elite Four victory, you must depict the battle in some sort of drawing and post it to the forums.

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Spoiler:

Oh, I really like this! Although the drawing things going to be a bit embarrassing, heh, but I've been lacking motivation anyway(though I need to learn how to draw every gym leader and e4 member, haa X_x I'LL DO MY BEST THOUGH). I SHOULD be able to start tomorrow, as I do own Platinum but it's not with me. Thanks so much for doing this, anyone else would have given me something boring.

Last edited:

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • ^Its fourth generation, it can't be that hard XD (the first gym will give you massive problems though)

As the person giving the challenge, I say because Munchlax are a pain to get; you can trade a lv1 in (with no egg moves, and randomized nature/ivs)

Also, with the other two people who posted up the tests. I may or may not do it, I got my own challenge to do ;3

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Update #1
    I start with Charmander, but go and catch a Mankey and box it. I grind up Mankey and easily kill brock. I make my way through the cave with ease and grind Mankey alot more. I get my hands on a Dome Fossil and continue. I beat all of the trainers on the bridge and go meet Bill. I head back to the city and beat Misty with ease. I continue on and easily beat Surge, all three pokemon go down to a Primeape Brick Break. (Yeah, he evolved.)
    So far its been a Primeape solo run. Goanna get A Gyarados and Eevee soon.

RedSox71

I am a pineapple
    Years
  • This is my first real Pokemon challenge, so I'm curious to see how I'll do.

Username: RedSox71
    Game: Leaf Green

Spoiler:

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
    Years
  • Update #4!

• Back to Olivine and beat Jasmine for the sixth badge
    • Cleared Team Rocket from Mahogany Town
    • Beat Pryce for the seventh badge
    • Currently in the process of clearing Team Rocket from Goldenrod

My team:

Gluttony, lvl 35
    > Vine Whip, Growth, Acid, Stun Spore

Puppy, lvl 34
    > Bite, Roar, Dig, Reversal

Chinchie, lvl 35

> Surf, Stockpile, Signal Beam, Spark

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    -Professor Rowan asks me for my name, ad I say "Cheese"
    -He then asks for my rival's name. His name is "Burger"
    -Watching TV upstairs when Burger barges into my room, wanting us to go to Rowan
    -Going onto Route 201 when the old fart stops us and gives us Pokemon. I pick Piplup for slavery purposes.
    -Burger took a while to beat thanks to Withdraw
    -Get Running Shoes from my momma
    -See Cyrus and hear Mespirit
    -No nickname for Piplup (for now :D)
    -Get the Pokedex
    -Get TM27 (Return). Have plans to use it soon.
    -Turn back time to morning for Kricketots.
    -Caught 6 Kricketots. Using one with lowest attack stat (Named Mario)
    -Get Parcel from Burger's momma
    -Watch a completely pointless tutorial on how to catch Pokemon even though I caught 6 already
    -Found Looker, the eccentric Police Officer
    -Get Vs. Recorder
    -Gave Parcel to Burger
    -Get Poketch
    -Mario evolves into a Kricketune and learned Fury Cutter (hooray!)
    -Beat Burger another time with Fury Cutter alone
    -Mario learned Leech Life
    -Get HM06 (Rock Smash)
    -Found Roark, watched him smash a rock. Had funeral for rock.
    -Entered Gym
    -Lost in tremendous fashion. It is a little difficult when the only Pokemon I have is a bug with a mustache.
    -Challenged again, won stylishly with Fury Cutter. Mario learned Sing in place of Growl. Got Coal Badge and TM76 (Stealth Rock)

Team after Part 1

Kricketune (Mario)
    60/34/29/26/26/29 (HP/Att./Def./SA/SD/Speed)
    Sing
    Bide
    Fury Cutter
    Leech Life

Piplup (Piplup)
    26/13/14/14/15/10
    Pound
    Growl
    -
    -

Part 2 coming soon!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Username: 1ninjadude1701
    Game: Platinum

Q&A

a) Favorite color: Blue

b) Select one of the following which best describes you:
    (Brains, Beauty, Brawn, Brave, Blissful) Brains

c) Favorite Animal: horse

d) Where would you rather be:
    (Beach, Forest, Volcano, Marsh, City, Graveyard) Beach

e) Favorite Food: Pizza

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one? no

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular? muscular

i) Which do you prefer?
    (Mammals, Reptiles/Amphibians, Bugs, Fish, Birds or mythical creatures) mythical creatures

j) List top three favorite pokemon types in order of preference. Fire, rock, electric.

k) What pokemon do you hate (no more than 5) magikarp and feebas

l) What profession do you aspire to be most? Video game programmer

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of color or in earth tones? color

n) Who is your Hollywood crush? noone

o) What is your favorite music? Heavy metal

p) What is your favorite non-religious holiday? idk

q) What is your zodiac sign? Whats that?

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to? italy

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent? smart

t) What color do you loathe? yellow

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? 8

v) Do you like art more than science? no

w) Name one talent of yours. technology.

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty smart, gentle, funny

y) Which pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most? idk

z) What type of pokemon do you loathe? None.

Last edited:

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Alright, I want to be re-assigned a team, if it's possible. I don't have a Tyrogue (or any of it's evos) in any of my games, and with the personal challenge (keep Pokemon equal in level), it will be difficult to evolve it into a Hitmontop (EVs and all that, plus I can't use an EXP share). Anyways, I'm going to re-post my personality exam.

Username: Elgyem
    Game: Heartgold

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Revolutionzz1
    This is the best I could do:
    Travelling Soccer Player -
    You are a true team mate with your Pokemon. Knowing that each Team is only as good as it's weakest player. You must use each of your team mates in all important battles (unless you have not acquired them yet). This includes Gym, Rival, and Elite 4 battles (all must use at least one attack). Each team member can not be more than 5 levels higher than the rest.

Your Team
    Spoiler:
    I'm really sorry.
    I was really busy with school and stuff.
    TONS OF HOMEWORK
    I'll start today.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
  • Name:ItStoppedatUmbreon
    Game:Yellow
    Spoiler:
    Anyone mind doing mine please?

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • Wow. Never seen a challenge like this before! Here's my information

Username: shininglatios217
    Game: Pokémon Black

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokedude123456

The Manectric Master
    Years
  • Wow... this is different
    username: pokedude123456
    game: gold/silver

a- orange
    b- brains
    c- turtle
    d- forest
    e- Jello No-Bake Reeses Pie if that counts, and if not POTATOES!
    f- no
    g- good
    h- muscular
    i- mammals
    j- 1. fire 2. electric 3. ground
    k- any NFE but i like most pokemon in g/s/c
    l- NASCAR Driver
    m- i really just dress with whatever i pick out from my closet but i guess earth tones
    n- nobody BUT if i HAD to pick it would be selena gomez
    o- old skool rock/metal or regular rap not gangsta or anything
    p- thanksgiving
    q- my bday is may 24 so i dont know what it would be i think gemini
    r- Africa
    s- smart and unnatractive
    t- YELLOW!
    u- 8
    v- yes
    w- smart
    x- smart, cool, nice
    y- ash
    z- I HATE NORMAL TYPES, i really like all pokemon its just that i dont like that they are not very affective against anything

RedSox71

I am a pineapple
    Years
  • I think this might be the wrong thread for that question..I don't know the answer. Why don't you try the Spinoff Games section? (maybe) lol

((also can someone do mine))

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Whoa 6 people signed up in the span of a day or so. Talk about traffic. If I skipped you, please tell me or someone else. Sorry if I did!

This is my first real Pokemon challenge, so I'm curious to see how I'll do.

Username: RedSox71
    Game: Leaf Green

Spoiler:

Weather Man
    You're on top of things. You don't like it when things don't go according to plan. You devote a lot of time preparing and making sure things go right. You decide to be a weather man because you can help other people prepare for their days as well. Aren't you a good samaritan?

Team:
    Nidoqueen is your trusty Pokemon. It has a nice blueish coloring that you adore. This queen is also a bit muscular along with being a mammal. It doesn't really help with predicting the weather since it just sits around and dozes off. However, its coloring always reminds you to look at the sky. It's a friendly little reminder so you're on top of things, including the weather.

Ninetales is the fluffy fox. It's the thing when you want to know about heat. It helps that it has brains too. These foxes are smart. Its yellow-tone fur reminds you of the sun, which you respect because that's a major factor to climate.

Alakazam is your fellow weather man-thing. It shares the interest as well as the brain capacity, though it probably has more than you with its gigantic IQ. The Psychic-type helps with predicting the weather with its telekinetic powers. It brings a nice balance to your team with the other two members fighting for dominance between each other.

Special Missions
    Ninetales is the chief on the heat. It must know Sunny Day and only Fire-type moves. Any other moves will make it angry. This doesn't apply on stat moves (i.e. Grudge, Growl...).

Alakazam's psychic abilities are used quite well. It must know Future Sight to help with the weather issue. People say you're cheating since you use a Pokemon to predict the weather, but you wave them off saying that you trained the Pokemon so it kind of balances out. However, there are still skeptics watching you carefully.

The pressure is on as everyone is careful with your actions, seeing you as a liar. Therefore, you can only allow perfection in your team. You cannot ever lose a battle. This includes all major battles to the wild encounters.

Shijo

Scientist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2013
    A) USERNAME: Shijo
    B) WHICH GAME: Fire Red (is there any problem if i play in a emulator? i wont hack)
    C) GENDER: Male

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back