• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer stopped sending out replacement for caught Shadow Pokémon

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    So, I don't know if this bug has been fixed yet, and I've tried searching. When ever I catch a shadow pokemon, the trainer doesn't send out his next pokemon. I can still pick attacks and stuff but it says there is no target.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I may not be replying to all the reports, but I'm taking notes.

So, I don't know if this bug has been fixed yet, and I've tried searching. When ever I catch a shadow pokemon, the trainer doesn't send out his next pokemon. I can still pick attacks and stuff but it says there is no target.
    I thought I fixed that in v10. Which version are you using?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    I may not be replying to all the reports, but I'm taking notes.

I thought I fixed that in v10. Which version are you using?

The Root folder is called "Pokémon Essentials v11 2012-12-23", is that the current version.
    I did mess with the PokeBattle_Battle script so that if a specific game switch was On it would allow me to catch any trainers pokemon. (In my game you have the choice to join team rocket.) But the bug was present before I did that.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I did mess with the...
    Come on now, the stickied Bugs thread isn't for people who've been changing things and then being surprised that something broke.

The part of the scripts you changed is exactly the part that would cause your problem. Have another look at it, and perhaps start again.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    Come on now, the stickied Bugs thread isn't for people who've been changing things and then being surprised that something broke.

The part of the scripts you changed is exactly the part that would cause your problem. Have another look at it, and perhaps start again.

I said the bug was there BEFORE I did anything to the script.

Back