• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Trainers Discussion

Years
    Trainers Discussion

Football Player, Business Woman?, Baker, Explorer?

A football player in a pokemon game. I can die a happy man now.

bulba still doesnt have these up yet? thats odd. But i like the new classes they're awesome. Maybe we'll have a politician, astronaut, doctor, professor, etc

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Trainers Discussion

Football Player, Business Woman?, Baker, Explorer?

I see that last one as a backpacker...perhaps a more casual version of the traditional Hiker class? XD

I've brought this up before, but I'll say it again. I'd like to see a pokemon strategist class. They appear as geeky men in their early twenties carrying charts and a calculator and use a variety of pokemon...often carrying egg moves and/or using simple two-move combos (defense curl/rollout, endure/reversal, toxic/protect, etc.)

Years
    I see that last one as a backpacker...perhaps a more casual version of the traditional Hiker class? XD

I've brought this up before, but I'll say it again. I'd like to see a pokemon strategist class. They appear as geeky men in their early twenties carrying charts and a calculator and use a variety of pokemon...often carrying egg moves and/or using simple two-move combos (defense curl/rollout, endure/reversal, toxic/protect, etc.)

I remember an old anime episode, way back in johto, where Ash's heracross fought a scizor that belonged to a trainer just like that, and the dude lost because not everything was predicable with a computer or something.. like that.

I see that trainer as an upgraded version of the student class a bit.

Timbjerr

Years
    Actually, the first time I mentioned it...before I developed the idea more...it was a playful jab at Smogon, going so far as to suggest they use Koffing (site mascot) a bit more often than anything else. XD

Now that you mention it, he does look like the kind of disheveled guy you see walking around a university campus on weekends to study in the library or write an essay in the comp lab. XD

Years
    Actually, the first time I mentioned it...before I developed the idea more...it was a playful jab at Smogon, going so far as to suggest they use Koffing (site mascot) a bit more often than anything else. XD

Now that you mention it, he does look like the kind of disheveled guy you see walking around a university campus on weekends to study in the library or write an essay in the comp lab. XD

Yeah, i can see a more scholastic-oriented trainer, using maybe "smart" pokemon? Slowking, alakazam, etc? or like real college kids, he should use slaking

Im really interested by the football player trainer sprite, maybe a big tough poke user, like machoke/champ, other stage 2 evolutions like Aggron, etc. XD

Years
    I'd love to see one of those strategical class trainers. It would be more of a challenge throughout the story. Hopefully they'll make double battles like that as well like Protect + EQ.

Years
    I'd love to see one of those strategical class trainers. It would be more of a challenge throughout the story. Hopefully they'll make double battles like that as well like Protect + EQ.

A good challenge from a non-gym leader,frontier brain, or e4 would be nice for a change. But if we get one like that, i hope they'd be spread out more places than just victory road. (if they're really strong]

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    you can't really guess the pokemon they use.
    i battled a roughneck kirby with a cleffa :P .
    but i reckon the footballer would have a hariyama the most,
    for some reason

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    A goth trainer is an awesome idea.
    I'm glad things like football player are somewhat opening up the Pokemon world a bit, other than just having regular trainers, hikers, fighters, and guitars players, etc.

I want a raver. Glow sticks, colorful hair, Volbeat/llumise or something.
    It kinda goes against what I said before but it'd be a neat idea
    xD

Timbjerr

Years
    I think a goth class would be pretty similar to the Hex Maniacs we had in Hoenn, and I think that's cool. We need more ghost-users amongst generic trainers. :D

Back