• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer's ''noticing'' you, won't work.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'm at the stage of my game where I need to add trainers.

I've gone through the wiki several time trying to figure this out.
    The battle works and everything, but noticing the player walk by doesn't.

I walk past the trainer and nothing happens.

iBE4R.jpg

Any ideas?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Set from "Action Button" to "Event Touch"

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It's easiest to use the trainer comments to make trainer events. The only trick is that, after compiling the game, you need to close/restart RMXP for the event commands to show up. Afterwards, you can delete the comments and carry on with what you've got if you need to (usually you won't, though).

You should always use Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0)) with a 0, because that means "the current event moves to the player". You used 1 in your screenshot which means "event 1 moves to the player", which happened to be right in this particular case but obviously isn't a good idea to use in general.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Actually, on the topic of trainers noticing the player, I've noticed when playtesting some trainers in my game that the [!] bubble is aligned to the tile below where the trainer is. I have updated the animation graphics for that particular animation, which I thought might be the problem, but I don't encounter problems when using it in Show Animation events; it only occurs when called by a trainer. Thoughts?

Back