• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainers with legendaries- Your stance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • mervyn797 said:
    There is absolutely no reason why one should panic when he has five other Pokemon left in his party. If Takuto using his Darkrai defeated all the gym leaders of Sinnoh with ease, it proves that Darkrai is pretty experienced as well.

He didn't have to look panicked. He could've been worried for the Pokémon but didn't.

Huh? What? From my first post itself I stated that it was a possibility.

So you've been wasting my time with discussing something that you only thought "Was a possibility"?

Why? Haven't there been cases before when Pokemon who were befriended traveled along with the trainer (in a Pokeball)?

Outside of Squirtle and Lapras, I don't believe so.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I don't think the developers should give regular trainers Legendary pokémon, at least not without an explanation. Its been emphasized too much in the past that catching legendary pokémon screws up the natural world.

Also, giving that guy at the end of the Sinnoh arc two legendary pokémon was a really cheap way of keeping Ash from winning the league. I usually don't mind when he loses as its usually done with an amazing battle, but...he just plain destroyed him. That was really disappointing. Did they even explain why he had those legendaries, or was it just something they threw in?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It's been shown that that is really only associated with certain legendary Pokémon now like Lugia, Kyogre, and Groudon. It seems like these minor legendary Pokémon just aren't important enough anymore like they were in Gen I where there were only five legendary Pokémon in total.

Years
  • I'm fine with trainers owning legendary Pokemon. What could be wrong with something like trainers having legendary Pokemon in their team? They should be treated like normal Pokemon as well. We have had instances where regular Pokemon of Ash's team have defeated legendary Pokemon. Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile were those.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Im not really fond on the idea of trainers having legendary pokemon. Originally legendary pokemon were unique and rare and trainers only use to get glimpses of the mysterious beasts. Now, evidently in the sinnoh league with Takuto having two legendary pokemon, maybe even more? (only saw two of his pokemon through the league).

However with saying this and mentioned before somewhere the only real reason why I think the writers gave Takuto legendary pokemon was because Ash's pokemon were at a point where he could potentially win the sinnoh league. So really having legendary pokemon beat Ash showed us that his sinnoh team could be beaten. thus the reason why trainers are obtaining legendary pokemon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • There's a reason why most trainers (and "collectors") do not have legendaries in the anime. Case in point-the events in Pokémon the Movie 2000.

Exactly. But they're so cool, though!

However, I'm guessing the events in The Power of One were triggered when Gelardan/Lawrence III tampered with specific Legendary Birds. One theory (that I dislike) is that there are more than one of each type of Legendary Pokemon (possibly barring Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and Arceus), so only the Legendary Birds near Shamouti Island could be the ones capable of escalating natural disasters if confronted. The rest might be a bit more tame...

I don't know...anyway, you still shouldn't mess with Legendaries though...insanely-powerful psychic cats, multicolored horses, and seven menacing dragons (one with a freaking drill/TURBINE TAIL, one with a massive torch tail, and one from another world) are some of the last things I'd dare to approach without properly trained Pokemon...

If we can catch, train, and use Legendaries in the games, I guess people in the anime can, too (Championship tournaments and conferences are debatable, though)... But Ash's Pikachu will still end up pwning/tying most of them anyway, so its a moot point. :P

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I think it is kinda odd seeig a trainer just walking around with a freaking legendary tailing them. My eyes bugged out when ash was entering the sinnoh league and some one had a legendary.

Also according to the pokemon handbook of the first #152 pokemon: "Some pokemon are so rare, they're one of a kind. They are: Articuno, Zapodos, Moltres,Mewtoo, eevee , and FARFETCH'D"......i dont know about u but ive seen all the pokemon at least 3 different episodes. AND SINCE WHEN WAS A FARFETCHED 1 OF A KIND?

Personally i think it ruins a battle/episode when a trainer has a legenary EXCEPT the guy with darkrai in sinnoh league. that was epic

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
  • i dont mind so much seeing other trainers including Ash using Legendaries.. im not a fan of Legendary, when i see someone actually use Legendary i giggle and think "Legendaries are nothing more than currency to leave untouched and put in PC til next trade" :pink_giggle:

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Actually, Heatran really isn't a legendary, just something they don't want you to have too many of in the games. It is supposed to be rare, also, they come in different genders unlike other legendaries (there are female and male Heatrans). But, the main question is, how does a preteen boy have any business owning an-all-powerful Pokemon that could even bend the fabric of reality itself. Here's how I feel:
    Look, a Wild GOD appeared!
    Go, Caterpie!
    Caterpie used Scratch, it dealth 5 damage.
    God used Armageddon it dealth 63473927 damage.
    Caterpie fainted.
    Go get em', Charizard!
    Trainer used Master Ball.
    Congratulations, GOD was caught!
    GOD's information was added to the Pokedex.
    -See what I mean here?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Please refrain from posting in old topics, especially ones haven't been posted in for years.

And how is Heatran not a legendary? If we base gender and Legendary than apparently Latias, Latios, Cresselia, Kami Trio are not Legends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back