• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Training for E4

Rat

Years
  • Title says it all. So, how did you guys do it? :)

Gimme tips, hints, tricks, rare candy locations, anything you got! xD I'm desperate for a change of pace from what I've been doing, so I'm just curious as to how you all did it.

This is, to me, always the hardest part of all the games. Oh, god, I have such bad memories of the original Red version. No Vs. Seeker, no phone, no nothing but wild Pokemon and hours upon hours of rip-your-hair-out boredom...-Shudders- ;_;

Last edited:

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I try to find areas where pokemon trainers all have pretty much the same type of pokemon to train one of my own pokemon (Keep in mind that I'm not an EV trainer). For example, along the coasts are a bunch of water-type trainers. I'll use my Vs. Seeker to find them and train my Raichu on them. I'll find caves with fighting-type and rock-type pokemon trainers to train my Alakazam and Torterra, etc.

Rat

Years
  • Killing things in Victory Road, what else?

-Shudders more- I've done that in every game up to D/P, and Emerald until I found out the two news crew people could be battled endlessly in their three spots around the map. It really does annoy me that the Vs. Seeker can't be used in the cave. Ughhhh e_e

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Fehh, never liked the VS Seeker. Once someone was beaten, they didn't matter to me anymore.

Rat

Years
  • Bah, I don't care about the trainer so much as the slightly boosted exp they give, and y'know, the extra cash is always nice ;P

Athena

Untitled.
    Years
  • The VS Seeker and Victory Road training are probably your best bets. For training electric pokemon (and other pokemon if you give them exp share), I found just surfing on the water part of victory road was GREAT. All that came out was Golbats, and they give really decent exp! I just lightning'd their butts and shared the exp all around. xDD

I definitely got totally sidetracked at that point right before the E4. Training was boring to me as well, so I sorta just went around and did all the other stuffles. (Like wifi trading<3)

Rat

Years
  • The VS Seeker and Victory Road training are probably your best bets. For training electric pokemon (and other pokemon if you give them exp share), I found just surfing on the water part of victory road was GREAT. All that came out was Golbats, and they give really decent exp! I just lightning'd their butts and shared the exp all around. xDD

I definitely got totally sidetracked at that point right before the E4. Training was boring to me as well, so I sorta just went around and did all the other stuffles. (Like wifi trading<3)

Problem being, I don't have an electric Pokemon, though that's what my Mismagius is there for. And that was traded from my sister's Pearl, so it levels up reeeeally fast xD

I guess I'll give Victory Road another shot, though. And I've been using the Vs. Seeker; I was just wondering if anyone had tips on specific trainers that go down relatively easy and give a nice amount of exp, aside from the Bird Handler on route 210 :P She's the only one there that gives me any worthwhile exp anymore, and I can't think of where else to go.

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Killing things in Victory Road, what else?

Agreed. Although VS Seeker comes in handy later on after the E4.

Another option is to just go in and fight the E4, and get as far as you can. You still gain experience and some money before losing some, but it isn't too much to lose ($7000ish).

Ichida

Years
  • He's training to fight the Elite Four, though. After you've beaten them, they are the strongest opponents you've got to raise Pokemon for competition against, and they all come in a row. :P

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I never trained, I beat the elite four with 5 pokemon, none over lvl 50, granted I spent a LOT of money on revives and full restores XD

GrieVelorn

Fire!!
    Years
  • oh and you want to get ALOT OF HYPER POTIONS AND REVIVES i bout 36 hyper potions and 30 revives and used all of them so try and get around 35-40 each

Ichida

Years
  • I swept the E4 with my Palkia and Empoleon. They were naught but a formality for me, so I could start Pal Parking my collection once I finished them all off.

Rat

Years
  • Okay, now you're all just treading on ground I'm familiar with :P I know to buy a truckload of items and all that, mhm. I'm just looking for a way to kill time and train to make it easier, because the main reason I want to beat do that is to get the National Dex, so I can get my Emerald team in Diamond. And, well...I lost my original Emerald, so I recently bought a new one and I have to beat that too. That, however, won't be a problem at all xD I'm already almost done.

So I'm basically just training and leveling up because I'm not in too much of a rush :P

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2007
    If you get 5 of your pokemon to level 50, you'll need alot of items but its possible. If you get 5 to level 60 which is what I did, you only need a few items and should be fine. If you get get 1 pokemon to level 90, you only need that one and maybe another one in case it faints to revive it.

Back