• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Training from level 1 to 100 (How do you like to do it?)

AussieLper

Soft resetting for a good title
Years
  • Well I just EV'd my Draco Meteor Jirachi & Newly Bred Gengar and began that harsh leveling process.

So as I was leveling, I wondered "How do other people go about doing this?" I personally think the grind from 1-100 is probably the most boring part about Pokemon for the sheer Repetitiveness of it.

This is how I go about doing it:
    I chuck on an exp share until the Pokemon is around level 30 I then give it a lucky egg (Picked up from catching a Chansey) and trade it over to another game. This means I get 3x the experience for that Pokemon (Boosted from trade 1.5x + Lucky egg 1.5x). In a couple of hours I've got a little Gastly from level 1 to level 87.

How do you go about leveling? Where do you level? How many level 100s have you made using your method? Also what are you most recent Pokemon leveled to 100 (Mine would be a Swampert)

Years
  • I usually do it by giving my pokemon exp. share and battling the pokemon league like 50 times a day.. so boring I know aha.

But now I've read how you did it and that just seems easier :rambo:

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Wow! I don't know why I didnt think of doing that!

I usually just battle the pkmn league zillions of times. But now I'm gonna try that! ^.^

Years
  • After giving them EVs, can't you just stick them in daycare and go to Fuego Ironworks? From level 1, they'd probably reach 50-60 overnight.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    After giving them EVs, can't you just stick them in daycare and go to Fuego Ironworks? From level 1, they'd probably reach 50-60 overnight.

They learn moves, and can forget moves that you didn't choose to. I hate daycare

Also, I'm very patient in these games. I train from the first routes til it's good enough for better training. Easy as that :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2014
    i usually just give it EXP-Share and go through the league

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • I love training Ubers teams. My ubers team is Dialga (Lv100), Rayquaza (Lv100), Groudon, Ho-Oh, Mewtwo (training) and Celebi (soon to get). I use SS and I defeat all the gym leader rematches (if they're not high-levelled enough, I use the experience share and use my uber pokemon that im training to get exp for both of them.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Normally I use one of my 12 exp. shares(lotto of justice!) to beef up a pokemon until level 30 or so, or until it learns a move that it can actually use to fend for itself, then I go through gathering up EV's and then I run them through the E4 until they're 100, while at the same time helping some lower level pokemon level up.

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
  • I usually just chuck an Exp Share on them, get the Exp Bonus from trading back and forth, and then run the Elite Four over and over again. Once they're high enough level to start running the Elite Four (or at least some of them), I give them a lucky egg until they hit 100.

I've gotten six pokemon up to 100 with this, my main team.

My Shiny Glaceon, Union (My favorite Pokemon of all time)
    My Mightyena, Alturiak
    my Shiny Gallade, Blade
    my Empoleon, Neptune
    my Misdreavus, Midna
    and my Absol, Moonblade.

They've all been really good against folks I like to battle against, so all the work really payed off.

.Awesome

Awesome.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Train my Pokemon at the Pokemon League. Use EXP. Share, and train to death. xD

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Usually i don't level any of my pokemon, i just set my battle level to single 100
    but if i do need to level to acquire moves i lucky egg, trade, and train (like most people)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I usually start by training them against wild pokemon, then once they get to around level 15-16 I take them to battle the fiserhmen outside of Eterna City (especially if they're grass, electric, etc). From there I go to the cycling road and route 206 (really good trainers there, helped me get my Scizor from 19 to 29 in about ten minutes or so). From route 206 I go to route 210 for a short while, from route 210 I go to route 214 right outside of Veilstone. Once I've exhausted the trainers there for awhile I go to the pokemon league and the fight area.

A lot...I know, but it doesn't get too boring most of the time. I don't know why I haven't tried your way yet! And my recent lv.100...it's been awhile since I've trained a pokemon that far, by my lv.95 sceptile and lv.92 Charizard are almost there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I haven't leveled any of my pokemon from Pearl, Platinum or HG to 100 yet. I think the highest I've leveled any of them is somewhere over 60 close to 65 or so.. Leveling them is so boring for me, but when I want to level more, I just stick an exp. share and play the Elite 4 until they're a decent level (20-30) and then take them out and use versus seeker to find some rematches in earlier routes and proceed from there on up. Of course I use a Lucky Egg on that pokemon too, otherwise it just takes longer and annoys.

Once they're high enough, I like to level up around the resort area routes and use versus seeker over and over and over on the ace trainers. Some of the best experience comes from them for me. :) I've also traded a few of my pokemon to my other game in hopes of leveling them quicker.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Lucky Egg FTW and PKRS virus after Exp. Share'ing to about Lvl30 - 40.

Although, I was wondering... the faster that you level up your pokemon... are it's stats affected in any way? After maxing out EV's though.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • I usually just attack the League a billion times...

But THAT. That's an awesome method, I think I'll try that.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • This is how I go about doing it:
    I chuck on an exp share until the Pokemon is around level 30 I then give it a lucky egg (Picked up from catching a Chansey) and trade it over to another game. This means I get 3x the experience for that Pokemon (Boosted from trade 1.5x + Lucky egg 1.5x). In a couple of hours I've got a little Gastly from level 1 to level 87.

I do the same with the Exp. Share, but I haven't been lucky enough to come across a Lucky Egg yet. And I never thought about trading over to another game! Duh, self. I give the Pokémon battling the Exp. Share, as that gives a few more experience points, and then sit and watch a movie whilst button-mashing. (:

AngelFireWing

Princess of Heart
    Years
  • I pretty much just throw on the exp. share and battle the E4 like crazy, gym leaders in the battle area, and use my vs seeker to re-battle other trainers

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    I'll usually only level my Pokemon up to 50 just to do the Battle Frontier, but even still, some of my Pokemon are way up. I'll do the Elite Four with Exp. Share until around level 55-60, then battle the gym leaders in the Fight Area. After they're around level 75ish, I'll go find a trainer through VS Seeker who is easy to beat with the Pokemon I'm training and keep battling over and over.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I run through all of the available Gym Leader matches while the trainee is holding the Lucky Egg (lead with the trainee, switch on the first turn to something that can take a hit or two), and then spam the Elite Four. It's a very effective process, even with the pseudolegendaries.

Back