• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Training: Tedious, or fun?

as2

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    Depends what I'm training.

I find it highly amusing to take a level 1 hatched pokemon through the elite 4 (or now in Platinum that house in the Survival zone) with an exp share. That makes training a big more enjoyable!

Otherwise, against low level pokemon. It's pretty boring!

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    If i am EV training somethin worthwhile (Like Azelf) and have worked hard to get it, then yes, I do think it's fun. If, on the other hand, I'm leveling up Pokemon, then that's just plain boring!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If training wasn't in the game I wouldn't play it, so yes. xD

I train for contests and the Battle Frontier, and I usually have fun with that. :)

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    ev training is sooooo borring

but training for levels is so fun

woohoo go levels

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Ev training can be a pain in the bum, but other than that, I find it fun :3

*3000 posts XD

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Definitely both.
    Depends, as everyone's mentioned already c:
    It's fun sometimes, but also annoying other times.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I EV train everything, so it's quite tedious.

The one exception is my Starter, a Dodaitos(The Grass/Ground Guy. Forgot his English name) with a Terrible Nature(Timid, which is -Attack +Speed). I use him as an "EV Sponge" to soak up any unwanted EVs.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    It depends from who wants to train, however I prefer to play on the simulators as NBS or SB since it is very fatiguing to create team.

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    it is up until iv pretty much beaten the game n then the only good exp battles r 4m the E4.
    after that, its just repetative and boring

Years
    I find EV Training quite fun. Sure, it could be tedious if you don't encounter the right Pokemon that has the EVs you want but it is still much quicker to do than grinding up to Level 100. Shouldn't take no more than an hour to finish one of them.

I find training to Level 100 tedious in this generation. There is no point in doing it unless you play against other people locally frequently.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I find I have to be in the right mood to train, then it can be quite enjoyable and relaxing...If I'm not in the right mood...I can get rather bored.
    /obvious x3

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    To me EV training is the only thing that bothers me but leveling up is great especially with the animation. In emerald it was really boring because of the lack of animation. Why couldnt they just put it in? they put it in FR and LG

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    It really varies, sometimes I don't bother and sometimes I feel happy and train alot.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I do most of my grinding in front of the TV not really paying attention, so I don't really mind it. But even if I am focussing on it, I still enjoy it - it's part of the game.

Back