• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen transfering

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
  • ok, ive been through the stickies and existing posts on all the game forums, but i cant find an answer. i do appolgise if i missed it.

i know where is a way to transfer pokes from the old version games (red/blue/gold/silver etc) into the new gen games. ive heard something about the use of a gamecube. i was wondering how exactly i do this, and what i would need. is there a guide anywhere? i have some beloved pokemon back on my old cartridges, from when i was a kid, and would very much, now im back into the game, to transfer them to my new games, and use them once more. i know a friend who desperatly wants to do this also.

thankyou

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Nope, sorry, there is absolutely NO way AT ALL to send the pokes from gens 1 and 2 to 3 and following. I remember something about it being caused by a change in the EV's and MT's systems, or simply because of the incompabilty between the GBC and the GBA. But anyways, it's impossible.

What you can do is to get "old gen" pokes from G/S/C in Colosseum and XD, both for the Gamecube, and send them to your GBA games.

Ashay

Faaaaaarfetch'd!
    Years
  • I thought you could just transfer from G/S/C to R/B/Y like normal? If not, I have no idea how I got my Charizard on Crystal :D I stopped playing the game for so long.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
  • i know it can be done, even if i need to transfer to gold/silver/crystal first. it uses a gamecube, and i think someone said a pokemon box or something

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Pokémon Box only works for Pokémon Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red and Leaf Green. There is no way, I repeat, NO WAY to trade the games from the old gens to the advance ones.

Back