• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE WIP

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
  • Just a work in progress.
    Any critiques or advice is welcome!
    Also, hints of reflective lighting is much appreciated!

Cheers!

TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE WIP

Larger size= https://fc01.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/297/b/c/Bumblebee_WIP3_by_Kura_pu.jpg

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Is there any progress from Bumblebee WIP2? This is great, It's really awe-inspiring. Like I said before, I think this will be another masterpiece!

Naahh~ I've been working on some homework~ Skyscapes and original character designs~ :/ And some still-life drawings..

;O; And thank you everyone <3

Last edited:

Adelaide-Amber

-|Fashion Statement Suicide|-
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    AMAZING!! i love transformers, the movie was amazing... i didn't even want to attempt to draw the characters because of the huge amount of detail, i didn't think i would be able to stick with it. but yours is really cool. fantastic job!!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Lol now you made me jealous. I just recently did an Optimus prime drawing(On photoshop) and it looks crap compared to that.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Lol now you made me jealous. I just recently did an Optimus prime drawing(On photoshop) and it looks crap compared to that.

Haha X3 Yeah.. well surprisingly this looks like a quick sketch.. but it actually took me like 3 hours so far.. So seriously, don't feel jealous.

Do you use a tablet? I could give you a tip~~

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Haha X3 Yeah.. well surprisingly this looks like a quick sketch.. but it actually took me like 3 hours so far.. So seriously, don't feel jealous.

Do you use a tablet? I could give you a tip~~

Yes I use a tablet. I'm not very good with it besides cartoons really lol.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Yes I use a tablet. I'm not very good with it besides cartoons really lol.

Play with the brush dynamics in Photoshop. Seriously. Turn on the opacity sensitivity to "pen pressure" and the opacity jitter to "pen pressure" and change your brush shape so it's a diagonal oval, you can make things much more dynamic than with the regular round brush.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Okay cool. I never really though of putting opacity on pen pressure. But how do you change the brush shape? Do you need to make a brush? Or is there an option in brush settings?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Okay cool. I never really though of putting opacity on pen pressure. But how do you change the brush shape? Do you need to make a brush? Or is there an option in brush settings?

Nono, you can change it in the settings~ o_o I know on CS3 there's uh.. a button that's like.. on the same column as the size, opacity, flow place there.. only it's like all the way to the right~ It looks like a little folder ._. Then you click it and it has the options like texture, dual brush, other dynamics.. things like that.. and one of them is brush shape ._. All you gotta do is change it there~

=_= I wish I could find pictures to show you exactly what I mean ._.~

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Kura, I adore your artwork <3 This is amazing, It looks so cool too! I really like the detail you put into it, nice work!

can't wait to see more~

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Bumblebee! Everyone seems to be creating fan art of him. I guess he is turning out to be a popular Transformer. This WIP is turning out to be great so far. The progress on it looks like a painting. So right now, he possesses this ghost-like appearance, probably due to his arm and legs fading away into the gray color of the background. You have great coloring skills and the detail on the face is excellent. Overall, I would love to see the final product of this. I can tell is going to be a good one. I can only imagine.

Oh, hm. Reflective lighting is tricky and I can't really explain it myself. You can trying looking at different picture of Bumblebee like this one, just to get an idea. Otherwise, I recommend using soft lighting. Keep it up.

Horizon Knight

Fantastic! I haven't seen good art like since since...well, for a long time! I sincerely can't wait to see this thing done!

Back