• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Treath of Shadows: Journey into the Darkness (Adopter RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
Years
  • OOC: Oh yeah, bow down to my curse. XD

Thanks for not allowing me to have dust for dinner. X3

IC:

Snail, her aquatic-based form making her quite the straggler, followed after the others as they went, fighting the urge to stop where she was and go to sleep, in the safety of her shell.

Dang.. I.. Need to get more land excercise.. The Omanyte thought to herself, crawling along at a pace that would seem fast to a sluggish creature such as herself.

Finally, a while later, she had finally arrived at the main group of Pokemon, where she looked around a bit before choosing a spot near Caesar to stop and rest. Sighing mentally, the Omanyte quickly Withdrew all the way into her shell, showing no particular interest in the current conversation. She wasn't going to sleep right away, so perhaps she should listen anyway..

Confirming that thought, Snail crawled back out a bit, so that only her eyes were revealed to the Pokemon outside, listening for anything interesting.

degran

Pok?friend
    Years
  • Feeling that he was being moved and hearing the voices of others, Tsunami suspected that the battle was over. Not wanting to sleep any more because he had already slept alot that day and because he had so many questions, he lifted his head up and opend his eyes.

He noticed that he was lying on a big leaf and that he was being pushed by a torchic and pulled by a tailow, both pok?mon he had never met before.
    For a minute Tsunami felt like a king, but then he started to dought things:

"What if these pok?mon aren't friendly, what if there just preparing me for some sort of ritual and what if there gonna eat me afterwards?" he tought panicing.
    He jumped of the leaf and saw that there were even more pok?mon here than he had suspected, including the pok?mon he fought the meowth with.

He didn't understand why such big group of different pok?mon was here, why were they all so tired and some even so badly wounded.
    Thinking about how THEY got here, a different question popt in his head:
    How did he get here?

"Who are you people and why did you bring me here?" he asked, still with some panic in his voice.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • "Now that's a loaded question if I ever heard one." Kindle stated, watching with relative calmness as the Totodile jumped up. "I am Kindle, and you could have done that jumping up routine a while back so we wouldn't have had to drag you all the way to safety, although in retrospect perhaps we should just have left you with the shadow pok?mon, eh?" she asked tilting her head "As for why we dragged you here, perhaps it's because we are feeling so darn charitable today, or perhaps I wanted a stuffed Totodile, who knows?" she walked a bit closer "The real question here is; who are you, and why did you join into the fight?"

"Don't mind her." Kuro interjected hastily walking over "She's always on edge around strangers. My name is Kuro by the way." he added, "What's yours?"

degran

Pok?friend
    Years
  • At first the totodile was shocked of the torchic's attitude, but then he realised it was he who was being rude. When the meowth adressed him, he felt happy that in this hole unknown area there was atleast one friendly face.

"Oh, sorry for my rudeness, I've never really interacted with other pok?mon than my family and friends, so I'm not so good in telling good from bad, definetly because I don't know how I got here. My name is Tsunami. And what did you call that meowth we fought, I assume that your friends finished him of thanks for that. I jumped in the fight there because it was obvious that the other meowth was trying to hurt your friends and that they were just protecting themselves. Oh, can I ask you a question, can I stay with you and your friends till I recognise the area and till I'm able to find my way home myself? Sorry for talking so much but I have so much an my mind." Tsunami rambled in a high pace being so relieved that they were friendly.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • OOC: Wow Plushie, your own curse got you! You really must be powerful...! Anyway, sorry I was gone for so long, I had a migraine yesterday, and reading on the computer would not have been the best thing to do. ^-^; I'm utterly surprised that you guys haven't done anything yet! Plushie we've got to find a cure for your curse and fast! Pokemon discussion time about the plight of their world.....

Miyako and Needles
    ---------------------------

"Hello!" Needles burst forward, "I'm Needles. It's nice to meet a Totodile, there aren't that many around anymore."

Miyako had drifted off to sleep finally; her head tucked into her wing. She couldn't help it considering she had had quite a night, and the tired and sore wings of hers were protesting about keeping alert. Her tail throbbed painfully. Sleep, though, was soon soothing the pain a bit, and it became a little more bearable.

"She's Miyako. And I don't think you have to worry about staying with us. We're all such a strange group that I don't think you'll be a problem," he paused, "Besides! We could use the help. After that last battle, most of us are out for the count. Boy, those shadow pokemon took out Miyako, Twilight, Kindle a little, even Puurii and Boudicca look winded."

The dark sky was now dotted with many stars, all trailing the sky like tiny pinpricks of white; and the moon was rising and bright, powdery white.

"You know... why are all these shadow pokemon here? I know the Elders must have their own ideas, but it seems that all I've ever heard people say is that we just have to live with it. But why? We never had to in the past. It may seem as if they have always been here, but that's not an excuse for why, just a lazy response to a serious question," Needles said seriously. He had always wanted to discuss the reason for shadow pokemon, but he had never really felt comfortable about it. It semed right though to talk about it with this group of pokemon though.

OOC: Wow! That's a big picture for Alphimega! And it's pretty good too! Who drew that anyway Alter?

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • "We could always ask them.." Snail spoke softly in response to Needles' open question.

"Yeah.. And I'm Snail, by the way.." She spoke again, directing her speech towards Tsunami this time.

She didn't really feel like saying anything further--the little Omanyte felt that she had said much more than enough that day..

OOC: Can't concentrate.. Alphimega too overpowering.. XD

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Welcome back LA! ^^ I was wondering where you had gone...Oh, and the picture bes the work of my good friend Flissie. I swear I keep staring at it and loose focus but I can't help keeping it in my siggy. *Glomps picture* Heh, can you guess which character is which? Fairly obvious if you've read the RP, otherwise pretty hard I suppose. Although spotting mine is probably not all that difficult. XD

IC:

"Oh, I'm Kuro." Kuro replied to the Totodile, smiling in a friendly manner "And I'm sure you can stay with us for a while, right Kindle?"

"I guess..." the Torchic grunted grouchily, continuing to watch Tsunami in a suspicious manner, which cause Kuro to roll his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." the Meowth whispered "She's just not used to kindness, that's all. And that goes double for strangers. She'll get used to you in time."

Kuro stayed quiet as Needles began his explanation, nodding occasionally. Kindle remained quiet as well, not wanting to accelerate the poison's work in her system by unnecessary excertion, although she scoffed at Needles' remark about her being 'kind of out for the count'. It was a fairly weak scoff however and was followed by a nasty coughing fit and a slightly more powerfull shiver. Na-na had better arrive with those pecha berries soon. As the debate went towards the shadow pok?mon the Torchic grew more attentive, voicing her opinions despite the possible risks it entailed.

"This...isn't the first time..." Kindle replied slowly, stiffling another coughing fit as she continued "...not the first time we have been under attack anyhow. I...don't remember it that well...but my foster-mother told me most of the details-" the Torchic coughed once more, causing Kuro to wince and attempt to make her sit down, Kindle would have nothing of the sort however, standing up defiantly as she continued her explanation "telling me that another foe attacked us...attacked the Iga clan...my clan..." her eyes seemed to glow with the familiar fire, although her voice quivered ever so slightly "I was still young then...merely a hatchling when they-" she trailed of "...waged war against...no, that would imply that they had some honour, no...they massacred us...all of us. They struck us from below, it was night...we were caught of guard and outnumbered. They killed...killed everything in sight...not only warriors. But also old ones...defenseless hatchlings even..." she coughed once more "...Reina pulled me out...didn't want me to die...said she had promised...promised my mother...she took me under her wing...raised me as her own..."

Kuro listened to the story in stunned silence. He had hear Kindle and her foster-mother mentioning a terrible disaster that had befallen their people, but they had never elaborated. Kindle in particular seemed to have been tight-lipped about it and the Meowth wondered what had prompted this sudden talkativeness. Perhaps it was the fatigue and the strain of the poison...yes, that had to be it. Kindle had never been one to speak of personal matters with strangers.

"They all fought bravely" Kindle stated her voice chocked with emotion. She appeared now to speak to only herself as she swayed back and forth a bit, mumbling her words "...so...very bravely...all of them...all except...execept-" her eyelids fluttered between closed and open state as fatigue overcame her, sending her off to blissfull unconsciousness as Kuro rushed over to support the Torchic's weight, breaking her fall and placing her gently on a soft spot of grass.

Last edited:

degran

Pok?friend
    Years
  • "Shadow pok?mon?" Tsunami repeated, still fascinated from Kindle's story." Is that what that meowth was, a shadow pok?mon?" he now looked at Kuro, hoping for an answer. "What do they want from us, and what's that about there being more here. Where are we anyway?

This was all new for the young totodile, he almost never met new pok?mon and suddenly there's a hole bunch right in front of him. He even fought a pok?mon that wasn't his brother, that had never happend before.

And here he was, sitting in a dark creepy forest with an empty stomach and with nobody but strangers around him. It felt like a war just ended here with all the injured and tired pok?mon. He looked at three dead Seviper.

Thinking about all this and hearing Kindle's story made him sad.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years

• Boudicca listened to Kindle's story in silence.
    After what seemed like an age, she rose to her feet, and went to sit beside Kindle's limp form. "You poor thing..." she muttered softly, "So young yet forced to become so strong." She sighed, before turning to the meowth.
    "You should rest too, Kuro. I'll watch Kindle if you want, but you fought off all those meothes, and that's no walk in the park."
    Finally, she turned stonily to the totodile. "They were shadow pokemon; we don't know what they want, or even how they came to be... but I think they came from the mountain." she glanced up, towards the cloud-wreathed peak.
    For a moment, she considored voluenteering Pandora's own story, but changed her mind at the last minute. The Cleffa's past could wait 'til later; they had experienced more than enough sob-stories tonight.

Pan, who had also listened to Kindle's story, was staring off into space. Her beady black eyes were suddenly full of an intelligent sparkle, as she watched the night sky. Perhaps it was just the glittering stars reflecting in her eyes... but she suddenly looked far older, far wiser than even Boudicca.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • "But..." Kuro protested, indesiciveness clearly visible in his eyes as they travelled between Boudicca and the now unconscious Kindle. On one hand, the Meowth was feeling tired and would certainly have liked to rest. But on the other hand, he still felt like it was his responsibility to see to it that the Torchic's poisoning was treated before he started looking after himself. After all, Kindle had been looking after him for as long as he could remember and Kuro felt that he owed it to her to return the favour, at least once. "Once Na-na has come back with the berries..." he concluded "I have to make sure that Kindle is alright. I just have to..."

With that, the Meowth settled down to wait for the Skitty's return, listening to the breathing of his unconscious companion. It sounded steadier now, although the poison gave it a slightly frail and vulnerable quality. "It's going to be alright..." Kuro whispered quietly, although it sounded like he was trying to convince himself of it more than anyone "Things will work out. They just have to..."

Kuro turned his eyes to the night sky, watching the stars above in silence, his tail slowly swaying from side to side.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • OOC: Yeah, had to help put up Halloween decorations yesterday. >_> My parents never help my brother and I anymore; so it was just us two. Which is actually a good thing; no family arguments can break out from decorations. XD

Needles & Miyako
    --------------------

"The mountain...," Needles repeated to himself, thinking hard. He had heard a story of one of his clan traveling to the mountain. However, he couldn't remember it, and no doubt he had probably gotten beaten up in the middle of it, so there was not much to remember anyway.

He looked at young Kuro being so loyal to his friend. "You have a lot of spirit Kuro," Needles said to him, smiling, "A good quality to have too!"

He then looked in the direction Na-Na left in. "Na-Na's been gone a long while... do you think he's alright? Although, we haven't heard anything that sounded like a fight so...," the Cacnea said, puzzling for a moment.

Miyako stirred a bit in her sleep; the wind was picking up a bit, and she could always sense that right before it happened. It was a cold wind from the mountains, and it might mean that clouds would be moving in fast as well. Miyako hoped that wouldn't be the case this time because there was really nowhere for them to go.

degran

Pok?friend
    Years
  • Tsunami couldn't sleep anymore, so he figured he would guard the others and listen to the conversations. Every time they mentioned a name he would try to figure out who it was and then try to remember the name.

"This Nana person, why did he leave, what's he looking for in the middle of the night?"
    the totodile asked staring at Needles.
    "If you want, I can go look for him, I'm a wake anyway. What sort of pok?mon is he."

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Boudicca, who, as always, seemed to be listening in on the conversation, turned to the totodile. It might have seemed rude, but she had a certain manner of going about things - as if she cared about anything and everything - which made it seem perfectly polite.
    "Why, Tsunami, Na-Na is a skitty. He bravely went in search of Pecha berries, in order to heal Kindle... And it was good of you to offer to help. But... I'm not sure whether you should go wandering off alone as well." she smiled softly, "maybe we should form a search party?" She frowned, before turning to Needles.

"I agree. I wish I had been half as loyal to my own kin; I let my fears take the better of me, and abandonned them when things got tough." she narrowed her eyes at the memory, apparently scolding herself inwardly. She cast her gaze to Miyako, whose sleeping form was being buffeted by the wind. Boudicca rose to her feet, and went to lie infront of the little taillow, so the wind hit her instead. For all her boldness, the bird would soon grow sick or weary in this weather, especially while injured. It was the least the absol could do, sheild her from the gales.

Pan wandered over to Kuro, putting her own tiny pink paw on his. "You lookin' up there?" she said, pointing upwards. Despite her baby-talk, there was the same serene intelligence reflected in her eyes as before, and she smiled at the meowth.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Erm, Charon-chan, Na-na is a he. It says so on his profile.

IC:

"Thank you." Kuro replied to Needles' cpmpliment, before regaining his usal bashful manner and looking away again "Grandma Reina, well, she's not my real grandma of course but I've always called her that, kept saying that too, that I have a lot of spirit that is..." the Meowth kept adressing his feet "I don't understand what good it is, though..." he added "I mean, I'm not brave or strong so I can protect my friends like Kindle, I'm just a little cat..." he sighed, returning his gaze to the stars, although he soon found himself interrupted once more, this time by Pandora.

"Erm, yes I am..." Kuro replied, feeling a sudden urge to rub his eyes. There was something peculiar about Pandora that he was positive hadn't been there before. At the moment the Meowth felt like he was adressing 'grandma' Reina, always wise, always patient, a kind being that simply seemed to radiate wisdom, rather than the do-eyed and easily upset little Cleffa he had first encountered. "I tend to do that...when there's a lot on my mind. Looking at that huge sky kind of makes my own worries seem so small." he shrugged, not really sure of what to say next.

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • "The sky.." Snail echoed Kuro's recent words, finally speaking up for the first time in a while.

"The ocean makes me feel small, too.." She sighed for some reason or other, looking up at the twinkling bits of the heavens, just like a lot of the other Pokemon were doing.

"Do you think.. The Shadow Pokemon came from up there..?" Snail asked, leaving her question hanging, before she looked back down to the ground in thought.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • {ooc| Gawd, I'll edit straight away. I'm so sexist T_T Poor Na-Na...}
    Boudicca smiled broadly, closing her eyes. Ah, she thought, If only Kuro could see what would soon become of him. For a moment, she simply inhaled the cold montain breeze. Eventually, she spoke, to no one inpaticular. "We're on the verge of a great change here, my friends..." she muttered quietly, "I can feel it! Why else have we been gathered here? The world is ready to be reborn again, I can feel it in the soil..." she smiled, clenching her claws against the ground. It was all superstitious absol nonsense, of course; Boudicca's pack had been deeply rooted in dark magic and premonitions, probably the reason why her parents had gotton on so well with Pandora's mother. After all, Clefables came from the heavens... She paused, sniffing. When she thought about it, the earth did seem different today, as if the particles had tensed beneath her feet, and the air smelt... darker, some how. Boudicca couldn't explain it.

Pandora was smiling. "It's an endless 'spanse. Stretches for 'never an' 'never, an' once go'm up, you'm don't wanna come down." her eyes seemed glazed, sleepy. The words were heavy, full of depths, but coming from the child, they sounded... foolish, some how. For a moment, she didn't move, her eyes fixed on the sky. Then she sighed, and turned to Snail. She looked at the little omanyte so seriously, so sternly... before she muttered, in a cold voice:
    "No, they'm didn't come from the sky." She said it with such force it was almost eerie.

{Edited it for Plushie's post. Didn't see ya there, Plush =3}

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • {ooc| Don't worry, I've got a flimsy lawn chair handy somewhere...
    Pan: *foams at mouth*}

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back