• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Treath of Shadows: Journey into the Darkness (Adopter RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • OOC: Yeah, you were totally emasculating him back there. XD Oh, and if only Kuro could see what would become of him indeed. I've got big plans for him, I do. Even bigger than for Kindle...just wait and you'll see...XD

IC:

Kuro was slightly shocked by the force with which Pandora reacted to Snail's question. But then again, the Meowth recalled Reina telling her that Clefairies and their kin 'descended from the heavens' so the Meowth supposed that any representative of the species would take a certain measure of pride in their origins. "I don't think they did either..." Kuro commented at last "I mean, they came from the ground, right? That's what Kindle said...from below." the Meowth shrugged "It must be very dark down there..." he muttered for himself, "So very dark and lonely..." he slipped back into a thoughtfull silence, his thoughts wandering to what he had just said as he attempted to picture the scene in his mind; hundreds - no, thousands, millions even - of creatures all packed together down there in the ground, not only subterreanean ones like Sandslash but also Huntails, Torkoals, Meowths even...creatures that weren't meant to live in such places, all packed together in the darkness like so many sardines, never able to see the night sky or the great oceans, never able to get a moment of solitude yet never able to feel like they truly had company, an in-between, a place between places, a noplace...

The Meowth finally snapped out of his reveries, remembering that he had yet to comment on Boudicca's statement. "Reborn again?" he echoed in confusion "How? I mean, we're so small and the world is...so very big. How could we possibly make it come to life again?"

OOC: Okay, just so you all remember no-one in the group should have any definite answers on this stuff. However, each one could of course have an idea of where they could find out. XD

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Pan's brow creased in concern, seeing Kuro's troubled expression. Boudicca's compassionate nature seemed to have rubbed off on her, because Pan patted Kuro in an absent-minded way. "There, there," she cooed, "Them horrid shadow pokemons ain't comin' back to hurt you 'gain, 'cos I'll be here. I won't leave you too, I swear'd." she muttered it in a stumbling sort of way, as if she was just recalling something that had been said to her a while back. She pouted, her face set in a determined expression. She was at the age where she stole silly little phrases from other people, without really understanding their implications.

For a moment, she fell silent. Then, she began to sing: "When you wish upon a star, it don't matter you who are~!" she broke out into a fit of giggles, without realising she had got the words wrong. "We lookit the stars an say, 'Please make our world a baby 'gain!'" she smiled sadly. "Then my Mummy, she's up there, she sez," Pan put on a huffy voice, "'well, you've bin a good li'l girl this year, of course you can 'ave a new world!'" The little Cleffa paused for a second, and glanced back at the sky. "Is your Mummy up there too?" she asked.

{ooc| Not again, Plush!}

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • Snail shuddered. She hadn't realized that she'd offend the Cleffa in anyway by asking that.

Oh well.. That theory made no sense anyways.. The Omanyte thought to herself, slightly Withdrawing. Now she was tired. If the conversation went on without her, then so be it. But for now, she would stay up a little longer and listen..

OOC: The most I can do at the moment, sadly. >.<;;;;

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • OOC: Eeep! Crummy time for my Internet provider to decide to "update" some things. >_< Knew I should've posted in PS yesterday afternoon.... Anyway.

Needles & Miyako
    --------------------

Needles listened intently to the others, his mind was busy thinking of the planet. If it did get reborn, what would happen to all of the things living on it now? Would they just remain the same, or would they be destroyed in order for the world to start anew? He had never really thought about it.

His mind also kept wandering to humans. He felt that somehow the pokemon of this world would have to deal with them in some manner. It was a vague suspicion, one that seemed like it was a far-off thought, something that later generations would have to take care of.

He looked up at the sky too. "Wonder what humans see when they look at the sky...?" he mumbled to himself. He shuddered. Then he sat up.

"Yeah, let's go look for Na-Na, he's been gone way too long. Something must have happened," he looked off in the direction that the little Skitty had disappeared, "I'll go. Boudicca, you with me? Tsunami?"

OOC: Hm... I wonder what's happened to Minako? Is she really that sick...?? Perhaps we should send a search party out after her too. ^-^ Hope she's okay.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • {ooc| Oh noes! =o Poor Minako! When she comes back we have to give her lots of lovies. xD}

Boudicca nodded. "Though... I'm a bit worried about leaving these children." she nudged her head in the direction of the cyndaquil, who was muttering under his breath, and Pan. "Caesar's nearly old enough to look after himself, but Pandora's still a bairin. I certainly wouldn't trust them to look after each other."
    She turned to give Tsunami a hard stare.
    "It will be dangerous, you know, to join our little group. I don't want anyone getting hurt when they needn't be."

Pan pondered for a bit at Needles' question. "They see... the stars. They don't see their ancestors starin' down, though. They just see li'l sparkles, they'm not special enough to see their'm Mummies and Daddies." she said definetly, as ifthat was that.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Yes, maybe we should slow down a bit so as not to leave poor Minako completely in the dust? Oh well, I'm sure it's got to be something important if she can't even come and tell about it.

Oh, and Plushie; where'd Twilight go? o_O

IC:

Kuro had kept quiet for the while, not really knowing how to respond to Pandora's comments. It was as if the little Cleffa was alternating between two different roles; at times she seemed as deep and thoughtfull as Reina and at others she was just her usual carefree self. There was also something peculiar in the questions that she posed, not to mention some of the statements she made, at first glance they seemed like normal baby talk, but when he looked closer the Meowth found himself facing a multitude of strange and confusing questions, ones concerning subjects which seemed utterly bizarre and hauntingly familiar at the same time. This was all very disconcerting for Kuro's mind and he did his best to shut it all out, finally speaking up as Needles mentioned a search party.

"We still need people to guard around here." he reminded the group, rising up to his feet "I mean, both Kindle and Miyako are out for the moment and we need to protect them, not to mention Pandora and Caesar. So maybe if Puurii and Snail stayed here? Maybe Twilight as well? That would leave four protectors and four charges." the Meowth suddenly stopped, realizing how much like Kindle he sounded. It was a bizarre thought, he didn't have the Torchic's experience. What did he know? Kuro's bashful nature caught up with him once more and he turned his eyes to the ground, now embarassed by the attention he had undoubtedly attracted to himself "Erm...that's what I think anyway." he concluded, adressing his feet once more.

degran

Pok?friend
    Years
  • Tsunami was surprised by what he heard from Pandorra. The wisdom she had, it was remarkable. Also, the fact that a child her age still could answer so wisely to such weird questions at this time of the day.

"I'm in for the search team." Tsunami replayed at boudicca."My musles are stiff and it seems like I have to much energy plus if you let me stay in this group I think I should do my part of the work. Besides it's better that four of us get injured and can return to the others than that one dies."

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • OOC: Alter, you have not read thoroughly.

Twilight ish sleeping a silent and dreamless sleep. Or at least so far. XD

Dang, I can't think of an IC for beans when it comes to this RP! XO

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • OOC: How about thinking of an IC for beans AND rice? ^-^

Oh and I actually remembered to give myself my shiny Wobbuffet. I'm being so slow about getting the rest of those pokemon done. @_@ I shall post my newest addition in 'da club in a moment.

Needles & Miyako
    --------------------

Needles smiled at the young Meowth's shy demeanor. It reminded him of a few Cacnea he had known when he was younger. Though, they had all gotten their personalities revamped as they endured the path to adult life. He hoped that Kuro would find a way to remain his kind little self.

"You're right Kuro, Boudicca. Though, I think that those Seviper are serving as a good warning too. I thought that maybe others would be attracted to the blood; but I think that most pokemon don't want to come around an area where a group of shadow pokemon have been slaughtered. Especially those who are superstitious," Needles said brightly.

The little Totodile spoke up, and Needles was glad that he wanted to help.

He nodded to Tsunami, "Good. I'm glad you want to help out, because we're probably going to need it." He cast a wary eye at Miyako.

"Okay then, let's go search for Na-Na and be really quick about it so that if something does happen, we can get back here before it gets out of hand," he paused thinking to himself, "If only there were some signal we could give to let each other know if something bad happens...."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Well wake that lazy bum up, Plushie! Anything to make you get those four lines together. Seriously, I know you can write something good if you just put your mind to it. Come now, do it for all the Svamperts out there! ^_~ [/Emotional blackmail]

And you're getting a shiny Wobbuffet, Melissa? Lucky you...*Sitts about and is envious for a moment* Wobbuffet used to be my favourite pok?mon before 3rd generation came along. Ah well, I'll just wait for meh golden Lickitung and Houndoom. Good ones both of them. ^^

IC:

Kuro was too busy staring at his own feet to notice Needles' smile, although he was glad that the others hadn't laughed out his views as he had feared that they would. On the mention of signals the Meowth did his best to think up something worthwhile but failed. If Kindle had been up she could always have unleashed an Ember into the air to attract attention, but that was obviously not an option right now as the Torchic was still lying unconscious on the grass.

"Well...if we get into trouble I'm sure Puurii could create a bolt of electricity or something." Kuro said at last "But I'm not sure what you can do." he looked at the search party, "Maybe you could just call out real loud?" he suggested at last, not really capable of coming up with anything else at the moment.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • {ooc| The pokemon show they've put on CN is getting odder and odder, Misty is now a gym leader >.o; and Tracey's hanging around talking about being oak's assistent. oo; Oh, and Misty actually looks quite cute with her hair down =3}

"Hmmm...maybe Tsunami could shoot a burst of water into the air?" Boudicca offered, her tail swaying from side to side.
    She didn't really know what else to say; it was getting late, and the absol was growing tired. She wouldn't rest until they had Na-Na back safe, though. The skitty could probably handle himself... but he'd been gone ages. She glanced at Twilight, and then at Caesar and Pandora.

The little Cyndaquil had stopped frowning, a sure sign of fatigue in him, and Pan was beginning to act mythical and mystical again. Maybe she'd be able to persuade the pair to sleep; then whoever stayed behind would have a far easier job. Pan had the tendency of lecturing, drawing on, or climbing upon whoever she was left alone with.

degran

Pok?friend
    Years
  • "I could do that, but I don't know if that would have alot effect. If we're lucky and the stars and the moon are out, then maybe you could see the water sparkle, but that wouldn't draw as much attention as a flash." Tsunami answered to boudicca's suggestion. "Well that's probably the best signal we could make, unless we have the mareep or the cyndaquil with us."

Who would be insane or brave enough to go search for a berry all by himself, in the middle of the night, in a place where they have bin attack twice by weird looking, strong, evil pok?mon they call "shadow pok?mon".

The water pok?mon noticed how almost everybody was concerned about someone really close, one special person in this group. Needles checked on the taillow now and then, Kuro deverted his eyes frequently in the direction of Kindle and Boudicca looked at Pandorra and that cyndaquil like she was their mother.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • OOC: Gah, sowwy peoples, but now that Alphimega is in jeopardy, my writing skills are completely thrown off, I can't even think of a word for Twilight to say if she woke up.. Even with Alter's emotional blackmail.. @_@

I'll post something real tomorrow, I pwomise, but right now I'm stressed.. DX

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • OOC: Wow... were's Minako at? I hope she's alright.... Aside from the fact that we kinda need her to do the RP, I'm also worried about her well-being. ;_; Hope she lets us know what's happening soon. I'll try to post something....

Needles & Miyako
    --------------------

"Hey, that's not a bad idea though. Others besides our friends would see a spark or flame, but at least with water only those who are looking for it will see it. I say we use water first, and if no one comes or sees it, then we got to electricity. That way we can avoid attracting more attention," Needles said happily, swaying a bit. He found that swaying actually made him feel better; it must have been a plant or cactus thing.

Miyako mumbled a bit in her sleep and wiggled her bare tail. It was getting a bit chilly now that it wasn't covered in warm tailfeathers. She shivered a bit.

"Come on. Let's go!" Needles said, turning to face the path Na-Na had taken.

He strode forward, into the dark grass, hoping there were no more shadow pokemon out. What he really wished would happen though was for morning to come; there would be fewer shadow pokemon out and about, and he would have a bit more energy. He was, after all, just an orange-colored plant.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • OOC: I was going to wait a lil' longer for Minako's sake, but I believe it is due time that I posted an IC, so...

Don't kill me, I'm still kinda stumped for this RP! XD

IC:

Snail had lost track of the conversation a while ago, falling into a state of complete and natural silence; staring off at random objects such as a pebble here and there, or listening to the constant drone of the nearby stream.

She wasn't thoughtless, though. That mind of hers was buzzing here and there.

There are so many questions.. So few answers.. So confusing.. She thought, eyeing the distant brush with newfound worry. What was she worried about? Well, of course it was the possibility of another shadow being out there, waiting for the right moment..

Why does everything have to be so dangerous right now? Because of those things.. She continued, pausing into a silent train of thought. What do they want, anyway..? There must be a motive for their actions.. Or.. Perhaps this is not of their own will? That was when Snail herself began to think she had gone off the deep end.

No.. I must stop thinking such proposterous things.. Sleep now.. The Omanyte thought, once again retreating into the depths of her shell--so deep that one couldn't see any part of her body, even when one tried to glimpse inside.. So deep that the noise level was perfect for drifting quickly into slumber.

-------

Twilight's nose twitched a bit as she returned to reality. That last little nap had just given her several hours' worth of energy, and now she was full of pep.

Blinking her eyes quickly open, the Girafarig stretched out a bit, her senses returning to their normal functions. That little tail-head seemed to be in on it, too, sniffing the air around it as it blinked into consciousness.

Turning up towards the stars, which she knew had granted her Wish, she smiled a small, little smile before facing the group again. She had no idea where the conversation was at this point, so she merely remained lying on the ground, ears atuned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back