• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Trial Period on Name Changes

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Well, when I said that of course I meant set the rules to it like if your name is too long it will reject it, if you choose a previous staff name = rejection. The Basics. Sure it'd probably be a hassle to set up, but once done it will be easier for the staff and stuff.
There are just too many ways to bypass the system. Using alternate symbols for letters, s p a c i n g the name out, etc. It won't work.

Anyways, I still stand on my "self trial, self view" idea. :o

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Maybe if there's a way where members can test out their names by themselves, but only the member itself can see his/her trial name. :o

idk Is that even possible? lol.

Ausaudriel did something like that to Lightning's username. He changed it to God, but only she could see it. Everyone else were left looking at Lightning, not God.

Melody

Banned
Years
It would be cool if Audy could code some sort of plugin that could automate name changes...That way you could go into your User CP and change your own name when the time to change came around, without posting and waiting for an admin.

And like..maybe even have it so that you can queue up a name change request anytime (and change that request before your 4/3 month wait) expires and have it change automagically. :DD

Even if the name changes weren't automatic, an admin could login to the ACP and click,click,click approve everyone's name change. (The module itself would enforce whatever wait time was specified, so requests wouldn't appear in the ACP until the user has waited the appropriate amount of time.)

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
They wouldn't be automatic as there are name restrictions, as stated eariler.

Kisaragi

Banned
Years
:l Way to over complicate things. It's a name change, you don't need trial periods, return labels, hidden fees, etc. You just change it. If you don't like it, oh well, it only lasts three months.

Back