• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Tries to Beat Elite 4

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    In D/P/Pt, how many tries did it take you to beat the Elite 4?

For me-
    Diamond:7 tries
    Platinum:2 tries

What about you?

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
    Havent even made it to them yet but I hope to have strong enough team to do it in one go.
    Will repost once complete.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Twice, I think.

The first time I ran out of PP and didn't have enough berries to see me through.

On my first playthrough I borrowed a few of my friend's Pokemon so only one.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    One try on Diamond and one try on both of my Platinum savefiles.

"Just train enough"? lol, the DPPt Elite 4 is pretty easy in my opinion. Then again, none of the elite fours are really challenging.. the gym leaders are more challenging in my opinion.

also, just use Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, instead of saying "boohoo, it's way cooler to do it without legendaries!" because it isn't really that if you want to finish the game (at least in D/P, since they were stupid games with like 0 afterstory) <_< Giratina-A doesen't really help much in the E4 in Platinum, but whatever.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    twice in Pearl, once in Platinum. I could have done it in one try on Pearl, but I got lazy and tired of training.

spoink17

Top pokemon co-ordinater
    Years
    i did it in one try the sinnoh elite four wasnt that hard to me i think that the kanto elite four is hard it took me like 10 tries!!

reyzn

Years
    One try for Platinum.. although there was a lot of Full Heals and Max Potions involved xD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    First time through on Diamond, I took 2 goes.

Platinum, I've only ever lost once.That was second time round, where my pokemon were underlevelled.

Lol, I one-shotted it with Electivire

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    In Diamond the Eliete 4 were quite easy for me, it may be just me; I don't know. It took me 2 tries to defeat them.
    However, in PLatinum they are super hard, I need to find more berries which boost your PP because I run out quick! Cynthia is a pain and so is lucian! Actually all of them are even Aaron got tougher!

Years
    I beat the Elite Four on Platinum my first run-through. It wasn't too hard; the only thing that was slightly annoying was Cynthia's (or whatever her name is sorry) Togekiss. I didn't have an electric, rock, or ice but my garchomp helped to smoosh that thing (but that one thing was very hard).

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Almost every time on all pokemon games so far, I've beaten them first try, as I usually train/have team with good coverage and come stocked with plenty of items.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I actually was doing a practice run to see if I was ready. I ended up winning, with every one of my pokemon fainting at least twice. In the end, it was togekiss v quagsire, and I got the freeze from ice punch and won. My highest was a lvl 55 quagsire.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Tries:
    D/P: About 8
    Platinum: 1
    SoulSilver (Japanese): 1, just like Platinum.

Beat:
    Diamond, Pearl: I cannot remember.
    Platinum: 133, won every time...
    SoulSilver (Japanese): 134... Same as Platinum.

So, that's 267 that I can remember.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Diamond: 1st try, i wasn't overleveled, i really don't like to go out with my lv alakazam and zap al my rivals like the wind =), so my team was Alakazam lv52, Empoleon lv 52, Infernape lv 51, Honchkrow lv 52, Garchomp lv 50 and Lucario lv 50 so beat was hard but really fun =)

Pearl: 2nd try, i played a game that my girlfriend starts so all of is pokemons where like: "oh this one looks cool, i like; oh this is soooo pretty, i wanted", jajaja so "is" team was: Pikachu lv 53, Luxray lv 53, Rapidash lv 50, Luminneon lv 52, Empoleon lv 52 (i have a hard time convince her to evolve is Piplup jaja) and Chansey lv 54

Platinum: i'm not done yet XD

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    In my first Diamond runthrough, I never beat it. I was a noob back then and only trained my Infernape, so it was at Lv. 75 while everything else was at Lv. 30 or so. I then restarted and beat it on my 5th try.

Platinum, I beat it on my first try. I've learned a lot since then.

Back