• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Update:
    Got Mudkip
    Got Lotad
    Grinded
    Battled Roxanne
    Defeated Her
    Went to Dewford and Caught Magikarp
    Beat May

Team:
    Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Muddy
    Modest Nature
    Lv.20
    Mud Shot
    Mud Slap
    Water Gun
    Tackle

Lily
    Naive Nature
    Lv.19
    Absorb
    Nature Power
    Astonish
    Fake-Out

RAWR!!
    Bold Nature
    Lv.16
    Tackle
    Splash

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I don't think I'm even technically signed up according to the first post, but I've started:

Spoiler:

I am currently grinding Torchic.

Years
    Update: Beat Winona.

Team (here I made by far more progress than in the story):

Grave / Graveler f Lv.43 @ Soft Sand
    Impish Nature / Rock Head

- Secret Power
    - Defense Curl
    - Magnitude
    - Rock Throw
    Wait, did I say I made more progress with my team than in the story? Well, Graveler is the exception...

Grima / Muk f Lv.47 @ Blackglasses
    Quiet Nature / Stench

- Flamethrower
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Dig
    - Thunderbolt
    As Grimer this was already a good Pokemon, but Grimer was nothing compared to Muk. This thing is purely made of awesomeness, seriously.

Next: Getting Natu, doing all that Team Magma stuff, and maybe even beating the twins.

Update: What I said above+Wallace. I also tried to kill as many of these annoying swimmers as possible while Groudon's drought was active. That made it a lot easier for me to let Xatu catch up.

Team:

Grave / Graveler f Lv.45 @ Soft Sand
    Impish Nature / Rock Head

- Secret Power
    - Defense Curl
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Throw
    I really need to improve this moveset, it's horrible. I only can think of Brick Break currently though.

Grima / Muk f Lv.47 @ Blackglasses
    Quiet Nature / Stench

- Flamethrower
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Dig
    - Thunderbolt
    I still didn't do what I wanted to do all the time: Get rid of these damn Blackglasses.
    (Edit:Muk was definetely not 47 at that time (copypasting fail), it must have been somewhere in its lower or mid 50s.)

Sacrifice! / Xatu f Lv.46 @ Lax Incense
    Rash Nature / Synchronize

- Shadow Ball
    - Giga Drain
    - Night Shade
    - Aerial Ace
    Xatu looks like the statue of some kind of deity, so sacrifice a goat or something to it!

Update: Beat Elite 4. because of Graveler and Xatu being underleveled, most of the stuff was up to Muk. So, naturally I had a lot of problems with anything Muk can't handle that well.
    No problem. Muk killed most stuff, but Graveler also saw some action in this battle with Brick Break.
    I hate how she manages to waste tons of my PP every time I fight her. Xatu failed to kill even the first Dusclops, so Muk had to do stuff again. And since Ghost resists Poison, this was anything but easy. Somehow Muk managed to beat her, but it took me quite some Hyper Potions because Psychic kept reducing Muk's awesome Special Defense.
    Easy. Muk's Sludge Bomb or Flamethrower 2HKOd everything, even Walrein.
    Shelgon died pretty fast, but then I had a problem: 2 Flygons. Luckily, it turned out that none of them has Earthquake, so Muk could slowly defeat them, again with the help of Potions. Altaria died fast, while Salamence caused some problems. It killed Muk with a crit Fly, so I had to use my first in-battle revive.
    Aargh. Why? Because most of his Pokemon know Earthquake. First was Skarmory, no problem for Muk. After one round he switched to Claydol, so I went to Xatu. It managed to weaken the weird thing significantly, so Muk could kill it. Then, Skarmory returned and died. Next was Aggron, it took a lot of Potions for Muk to kill it. Then it was Metagross time. It outspeeded Muk and could 2HKO it with Earthquake, so I couldn't hit it and he soon got a crit. Then I had to use repetive revives, until he finally started using Hyper Beam. He missed with it 3 or 4 times in a row (finally some luck for me), while Xatu revived my team weakened it with Night Shade. When it hit, Muk returned and killed it off. Finally.
    But the battle was not over yet, Steven still had 2 Pokemo remaining. One of them was Cradily. It got boosts on both his first 2 Ancient Powers, but Muk still killed it easily. Armaldo was a different thing. Again, it got +2 on all stats very fast (seriously, wtf?), but luckily it could still only 3HKO Muk so I could occassionally hit. After a lot of Hyper Potions (on Muk) and Full Restores (on Armaldo), it finally died.

Conclusion of this challenge: I should have done a Muk Solo run instead, since it outclassed my other teammembers by far. And I should have done some grinding before challenging the Elite 4.

Final Team, in very compact form (natures and abilities didn't change anyways, of course):
    :t075: Lv. 49 @ Soft Sand - Secret Power, Brick Break, EQ, Rock Throw
    :t089: Lv. 62 @ Shell Bell - Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Dig, Thunderbolt
    :t178: Lv. 48 @ Lax Incense - Shadow Ball, Giga Drain, Night Shade, Aerial Ace

Last edited:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'll do this with emerald version.
    My pokemon will be Poocheyena, Wingull, Aron

I'll be evolving them all, and will post when I have them all (Shouldn't take to long).
    Should be fun, I love Mighteyana and Aggron... Pelliper... I'll get used to it :)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hi, i don't know if this thread is even open anymore cuz no ones posted in like two weeks but im joining anyway XD

I'd like to do:
    Name: Dec
    Game: Emerald
    Pokes: Sceptile, Gyrados, Flygon
    You're in ;D

I'll do this with emerald version.
    My pokemon will be Poocheyena, Wingull, Aron

I'll be evolving them all, and will post when I have them all (Shouldn't take to long).
    Should be fun, I love Mighteyana and Aggron... Pelliper... I'll get used to it :)
    Pardon, you already have an entry. But, if you want I'd change that just tell me.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Looks like more fun then a Mono type, I'll join my team would be.
    Ruby -
    Name - Soul
    Blaziken,Zangoos,Flygon.
    And for HM slaves there going to be Tropius,Linoone.
    So I'm pretty much stuck with Blaziken untill I can catch Zangoose way up north xD, and then Trapinch in the desert.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    *sigh* take me out of the challenge. Don't you hate it when you get dodgy stuff off ebay? my game erased itself... I don't feel like restarting for a long time. Plus my heart gold version's expected to be in my mail in a few days

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    wouldn't mind trying this out.

i'll use butterfree, clefable, and farfetch'd in leaf green :D

COOOOOOOOOOOOOL TEAM! I love it!

LeafGreen
    Name: O-ren
    Team: Charizard, Tentacruel and Electrode

Whoo lez see if I can do it.

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
    *uses Revive on topic*

In soviet Emerald, Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Aggron choose YOU! Or, to be more specific, me. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, at least this isn't over a month old, otherwise it'd be locked. Um. I think I might give this a try since I'm too impatient with waiting on scramble challenges. I don't know the sign-up sheet, so here.

User: Sydian
    Pokemon: Sceptile, Ninetales, and Gardevoir

Yes, I'm aware of the gaps in between catching Pokemon. That's a bother, but oh well. I'm also going to attempt SRing for a shiny Treecko, so it might be a while before I actually start. Depends on how quickly I get a shiny. I might give up on it and just start though. I'll update after every gym; just makes it easier on all of us.

Edit: Changing Luvdisc to Gardevoir because I like double battles and don't feel like missing out on so many. ;;

Edit: Gonna just RNG for a shiny Treecko on Platinum, so I'm about to start the challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013
    Sign me up for this!

I'll be using Swampert, Ludicolo and Wigglytuff, in Emerald.

Edit, changed Gardevoir to Wigglytuff, since alot of people used Gardevoir.

Update: I didn't play that much yesterday, I got up to Roxanne and beat her, and my Lotad has evolved into Lombre, and Mudkip into Marshtomp. It will take some time until i can get a Jigglypuff >.< Gonna play some more tonight.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Wow, I really thought this thread went down the drain. :D
    Ok, here we go. All the following people are added:

Looks like more fun then a Mono type, I'll join my team would be.
    Ruby -
    Name - Soul
    Blaziken,Zangoos,Flygon.
    And for HM slaves there going to be Tropius,Linoone.
    So I'm pretty much stuck with Blaziken untill I can catch Zangoose way up north xD, and then Trapinch in the desert.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOL TEAM! I love it!

LeafGreen
    Name: O-ren
    Team: Charizard, Tentacruel and Electrode

Whoo lez see if I can do it.

*uses Revive on topic*

In soviet Emerald, Charizard, Tentacruel and Electrode choose YOU! Or, to be more specific, me. :P

I'll try this out, if it's still going.
    I'll be doing Leaf Green with Parasect, Slowbro, and Snorlax.

Well, at least this isn't over a month old, otherwise it'd be locked. Um. I think I might give this a try since I'm too impatient with waiting on scramble challenges. I don't know the sign-up sheet, so here.

User: Sydian
    Pokemon: Sceptile, Ninetales, and Gardevoir

Yes, I'm aware of the gaps in between catching Pokemon. That's a bother, but oh well. I'm also going to attempt SRing for a shiny Treecko, so it might be a while before I actually start. Depends on how quickly I get a shiny. I might give up on it and just start though. I'll update after every gym; just makes it easier on all of us.

Edit: Changing Luvdisc to Gardevoir because I like double battles and don't feel like missing out on so many. ;;

Edit: Gonna just RNG for a shiny Treecko on Platinum, so I'm about to start the challenge.

Sign me up for this!

I'll be using Swampert, Ludicolo and Wigglytuff, in Emerald.

Edit, changed Gardevoir to Wigglytuff, since alot of people used Gardevoir.

Seems like I'm getting warmed up for this challenge again. :D

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    Well, I've decided that I want to enter this Challenge too, since I don't have anything better to do, besides get ready for Pokemon Black and White. I've already chosen my team (without even picking up the game yet), and I've made a Userbar for it.

I'll be back in a day or two to post my progress.

Version: Emerald
    Name: Arcelio
    Team: Mudkip, Shroomish, Electrike (and their evolutions, obviously)

I also plan on going through Firered later on, but only after I've completed this (and the G/S/C Gym Leader) challenge, so keep a spot warm for me on Firered, Zeffy!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Spoiler:

Update Time

Just finished uploading the video of Roxanne's gym so:

• Did the intro stuff and named myself Richard, as always.
    • Did the stuff. Blah, blah, blah.
    • Chose Mudkip as the starter and saved Prof. Birch.
    • Named Mudkip HM Slave01, like before.
    • Went to Oldale and obtained a Potion. Yay!
    • Battled May and defeated her, Mudkip gained a level.
    • Headed back to Littleroot and did the stuff. Blah, blah, blah.
    • Headed to Petalburg trying to avoid every trainers in my way.
    • I failed. Only avoided 2 trainers. :'< Mudkip gained 2 levels.
    • Got a Pokeball.
    • Did the Wally thing.
    • Went to Petalburg Woods, but before that a battle with a lady. Mudkip gained another level.
    • Captured a Shroomish and named him Brenny. Yay, Brenny!
    • Box'd Mudkip.
    • Grinded Brenny to Lv. 10.
    • Captured a Slakoth, then box'd her.
    • Went through Petalburg Woods.
    • Brenny gained 2 levels on the way.
    • Made my way to Rustoboro City. Brenny gained 1 level on the way.
    • Got Cut. Then trained Brenny to Lv. 14.
    • Captured a Skitty then box'd.
    • Gym time!
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_OS8zt5QVo
    Team

Brenny, the Shroomish
    Lv. 17, Male @Quick Claw
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Absorb
    ~ Stun Spore
    ~ Mega Drain
    I love this guy! When I'm done with this challenge, I'll try to clone him! :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back